• April 29, 2024, 06:47:23 PM

Author Topic: I like turtles - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 10468 times)

Offline [HighVoltage]SpiritualMiracle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
I like turtles - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 20, 2015, 09:24:40 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central time, but i can be on any time.

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was manager, admin, mod and developer on a minecraft server, and staff manager. I am currently Admin on a Garry's Mod server, i am also kinda Head Of Staff on it, but ya know, other then these i am nothing else.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goal is, to Moderate the chat, make sure everything is ship shape, make sure there is no disrespect, no LMAO Box and no hacks. I want to hold this Position, because i am Loyal, Responsable, and Serious.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Having 100583 credits, might say i  have alot of play time, but here is my schedule:

Sunday: Free all day

Monday: i get off of school at 3:00PM

Tuesday: i get off of school at 3:00PM, including a few classes

Wensday: i get off of school at 4:00PM,

Thursday: i get off of school at 3:00PM, nothing else

Friday: Free alday besides school

Saturday: free all day

B. On the forums?
Having 100583 credits, might say i  have alot of play time, but here is my schedule:

Sunday: Free all day

Monday: i get off of school at 3:00PM

Tuesday: i get off of school at 3:00PM, including a few classes

Wensday: i get off of school at 4:00PM,

Thursday: i get off of school at 3:00PM, nothing else

Friday: Free alday besides school

Saturday: free all day

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I originally found this server 5 mounths ago, because i wanted to play a crits server, so i joined one of the crits servers, donated, then fell in love with it, and couldnt stop playing on it.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
My steam rep is : https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198155800793

But i do not scam, i do not have any VAC Bans, i never hacked before, and i do not plan on hacking, in my life time.
I think hacking is inmature, and just not fun, it makes no sense to hack.

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
Nope, i only have 1 account, but i have brothers, on the same IP, so if you find any accounts under my IP, its my brothers. Other then that i have no accounts other then my main one.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
When people say i abuse, i freak out, because  i have no history of abusing my power, i do not abuse my power, and i think abusing is retarded, there is no reason to abuse your powers.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Patient, responsable, and respective.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 5
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I'd just tell them to stop, or i'll take action.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I'd say its not offensive, an admin's choice if final, if you do not think its not offensive report it @ tf2swapshop.com

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Give them a warning, if they do not comply i'd gag them

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I'll record it and take screen shots then report it to a higher admin, (knife, or hades)

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I'd give them a warning, tell them to stop hacking, if they do not i'll tempban them for 2 weeks.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would warn the user whos threatening to stop making  up fake rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I'll most likely go to a diffrent server that TF2SWAP owns, and when i'm done there, i'd join back and play again, but i don't really rage.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I'd just kick him, and tell him to stop or gag him, it depends what  ido in the moment

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I'll warn them, if they do  not comply i'll tempban them for 1 day.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I'd tell them its just a game, and to calm down

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: I like turtles - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 09:53:55 AM »
Great application for the first half. But for the second half, I really think you should take your time to look at this.
http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=322.0

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Patient, responsable, and respective.
Can you please list some weaknesses as well? Or what are you listed strengths? I'd like you to clarify this a bit more.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I'd give them a warning, tell them to stop hacking, if they do not i'll tempban them for 2 weeks.
You should really take your time to look at our source bans. But as I listed as well, also the rules again.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I'll warn them, if they do  not comply i'll tempban them for 1 day.
So you're saying that a person whom 1. Impersonates an Admin, and 2. Successfully achieves hats from players for these offers. Your ban would only be for 1 single day? Scamming is severely not allowed, and administration impersonation is also unacceptable.

Overall Thought:

You might want to read the rules and regulations again, then modify your application to correct all, and if not most of the free answer questions in 14.

Edit*******

http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=107.0
11. You must have at least 500 total hours on Team Fortress 2

You have not met one of our requirements. Your application does not have all that is required to be an Administrator.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 10:03:27 AM by -ᴛғ2ss-☠Lunarium Wolf☠ »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: I like turtles - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 11:00:43 AM »
Good job trying to pretend you're 16 years of age: http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=680

You just applied 20 days ago under the age "13 almost 14".

As a result of intentionally lying on applications, you are banned from applying again.

Application denied.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 11:02:35 AM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »