• April 26, 2024, 07:21:42 AM

Author Topic: Sur_Superior - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3596 times)

Offline Sur_Superior

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Sur_Superior - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 26, 2015, 06:59:45 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard Time (EST)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
In game I watch for players who are disrupting/hacking/exploiting other users of the Swap Shop Community.

I have also been Owner of a few servers and a part of some
Rankings:
Administrator 10 roughly
Moderator 5-8
assistant 2

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this Position to Help other community members of the Swap Shop Community
Helping out the members of the community by
playing on Swap Shop servers and moderating the Mic, Chat, Hackers, Exploiters, and everything that has to do with them
when a member plays on the server I want them to get off Favoriting and playing more when they can.
Infact this was my first server that I have played on and it was awesome now I want to give back for the experience.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
4-8 Hours each day

B. On the forums?
4-8 hours as well

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
for about 1-2 Years

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
well my Rep is in the comments of my Profile
Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sup3i0r/allcomments

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
My alternate account has the same name as my existing one Sur_Superior however it has no games no picture and is in active.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
When my cousin got on my computer and joined a server I was administrator on and my parents wouldn't let me take him off however he is older now and isn't allowed to touch my computer and it has a password lock.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strengths are my Loyalty, Responsibility, Maturity,
and my ability to blend with the people around me and still fulfilling my admin duties

My Weaknesses are when I lose control and have nothing to do that I can do to fix it which has never happened in the past and determined not to EVER let it happen, and bad days which everybody has I still try to do my best but I to focus more on the game when I have those bad days unless I am needed

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 10

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would politely ask them to stop and if they do not I will ask them once more and if they don't stop again I will give them a 5 minute Mute and if they continue a day kick and keeps going on to where I have to kick them for a month and they continue it is a permanent ban because they have not learned their lesson after a neumorous amount of temporary bans.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would look from their point of view and try and visualize what they found offensive If I fail to see what they are trying to say I'd let it pass once or twice but if it's repeditive I'll stop whatever is happening and I will also ask the players what they find offensive about it.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask them to stop up to 3 times than 5 minute mute than 10 than 20 than 1 hour than a day ban 2 day ban 5 day ban than 7 day ban than 1 month ban than finally a permanent ban these are all if the player is continuing and after warnings each time

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I'd ask them to stop a few times and If it is in my jourisdiction I'd kick them and if not I'd put it on the forums and wait for someone who can kick them or ban and such

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I'd go and investigate and ask other players who were there "at the crime scene" (yes a sense of humor)
to tell me if they saw the same thing and I'd play on than until I have solid evidance they deserve a ban for speed hacking I do not take lightly to hacking because it ruins others gameplay experience.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I'd tell the member of the commmunity that what they are telling the other player is false
and they'd most likely stop and if they don't I'd tell them to stop enforcing laws that do not exist because I will have to enforce some too (it is a bit hasty and harsh but 99% of the time they stop)
and if they don't I will have to either tell people not to listen to that one person or mute that player.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I wouldn't mind much I might change to spectator or watch with NoClip and Godmode
So they can continue playing the game because I do not mind much to just watch others or I might even go spectator.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If they do continue I will have to mute them so they do not have to not play on the server they still can if they want just not talk.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I'd play along and investigate than Ban them easily and no warnings.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
It is all apart of the Swap Shop store They will run out of credits and you will too but you will get them back but I'd recommend not buying that since other players get annoyed after a while of you not dying.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Sur_Superior - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 07:05:02 PM »
You must be at least 16 to apply.

As a result, your application has been denied.

You may reapply once you have met our requirements.