• April 28, 2024, 02:50:50 PM

Author Topic: Possibly Change my name?  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Possibly Change my name?
« on: October 20, 2015, 08:20:45 PM »
It's been roaming around in my mind to want to change my steam identity. And as of today, I just continue with the thoughts in my Head. So what is my solution? To come to all of you for a second opinion.

It seems to be a theme here with single sided names, which are kept to the very basics. I in which, enjoy very much as it appeals to me. So I've had an idea that wants to come out and do it, but this would and will be a tedious process if I do change my steam identity, as my Name here on the forums and Sourcebans would need to be changed to prevent confusion.

I've had Lunarium in my name running from changes to changes for the past 3 years, and I see its finally high time to POTENTIALLY put it to rest. But, I've had so many memories with such a name, and so many experiences, this is decision for me that Is not as easy as for some people who change their name and identity without much Care.

My idea of Changing my name to "Reaper" as it's short and simple. It's easy to read. And it reflects my favourite Supernatural being. You might ask "Well isn't a Reaper Just Death? And wouldn't that be copying the Owner?" Infact no. A Reaper may cause Death, but is not THE Grim Reaper. Also formally known as Death. Which all in itself is already confusing. But a Reaper feeds off of souls, and lives as a servant of God. I may not be the most religious type, but mythology definitely interests me.

But I will leave this topic with its voting up for 1 week. I want input from everyone, whether you care or not, just a simple vote and brief... Or long explanation as to why you feel you agree I should change it, or you feel I should keep it the same.

An image to also go along with the picture that I had in mind:

An Alternative I did and was going to use for the forums:

Thank you all so very much for your time, and your input would be highly appreciated.

Wish you all fun and love.

-Lunarium
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:57:09 PM by -ᴛғ2ss-☠Lunarium Wolf☠ »

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Possibly Change my name?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 08:57:40 AM »
I don't think you need to seek approval before you make a name change. However, I do think that, if you are planning to have a name change, you should choose something other than 'Reaper', as some new players might confuse two Steam Admins with similar names and Skull Icons for their profile. You could do some other cool Outer Space related names, like Equinox or Umbra. I have some other names floating around if you want more suggestions.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 11:05:43 AM »
Ah well see, it's not quite as confusing as you would think. Even searching up "Reaper" on the steam find friends, does not clash with anyone who Is involved with Tf2SS.

Main reason why it to be Reaper as it's once again, my Favourite mythological being. Other images I will have in mind as well for both different forum and steam pictures as I have now.

It's also seen that Hades has a profile picture with the Guardian of the underworld sitting on a throne of skulls and bones. So as long as it's not the Close up direct image of a skeleton in a dark wrap, the image should not be too confusing. Especially when my forum profile here will have a totally separate image.

Even by the end of this and the overall vote says to change it, I won't be making it official quite yet that the change has happened. I will have to see if everything fits to my liking over a short period of time and either stay with the name, or revert back.

Once again, this decision for me is not as easy as for some others. So it explains why I look towards the community for support.

Hope that adds a few extra details :)

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 06:04:55 AM »
Code: [Select]

[img height=100 width=100] Image link [/img]

Your image is rather large, could you please use the code provided to help shrink it down. Feel free to tweak the numbers to retain the general shape.

Hades

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 06:33:59 AM »
Code: [Select]

[img height=100 width=100] Image link [/img]

Your image is rather large, could you please use the code provided to help shrink it down. Feel free to tweak the numbers to retain the general shape.

Hades

Greatly appreciated. Image resizing was not in my books till now. Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:13:46 AM by -ᴛғ2ss-☠Lunarium Wolf☠ »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 02:32:11 PM »
I voted the option to remain the same, or otherwise just not be "Reaper".

When I saw the image, I honestly thought of Death, so it's probably not a good idea to have the community be confused as to who's who. And again, Reaper practically is what Death is, so that's not confusing part.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 09:58:50 PM »
The other image is what I had in mind for the forums to provide little confusion here. Also considering the fact when Reaper is searched on steam, it has no other interferences with any TF2SS staff, so I'd hope for it to be as less confusing as possible. 

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 01:42:27 PM »
Due to a tie as of result as of now, I will shut down this topic a day early and leave my name as is.

I have come a long way with Lunarium, and the community knows me as so. Plus, I am satisfied with the name, it was just a 50/50 if I wanted to try a change for once.

Thank you all for your time. If you have any other Mythological creatures in mind, please comment below and I might consider choosing one of those at a later time to ask for a vote. Try to stick to Greek/Roman mythology, and Christianity types of creatures.

Thank you all very much for your time

-Lunarium