• April 29, 2024, 12:41:33 AM

Author Topic: larrytheking3 - Game Server Admin Application [WAITING FOR APPROVAL]  (Read 5296 times)

Offline Larry

• Forum Visitor
  • At Your Service
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have my own server that I am administrator of which includes about 15 guests.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To take care of mic spammers, kick/ban people that are using LMAOBox.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Mondays - Fridays
AM Available 6:30-7:25
PM Available 2:40-8:00

B. On the forums?
PM Available 3:00-8:20

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
A couple of months ago. It's a great server

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198171999361

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I may have been raging, but that was a very long time ago.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
People that try to piss me off, not in-game, but when they're texting unacceptable things to me.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 10
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
If someone was making Racist comments, he will be muted for probably a day. If he made more, than 1 week. And after that week, it he still makes those jokes, he will be muted permanently.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Any potential offensive content should be requested to stop.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Muting them. But will be given warnings.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would contact the owner.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
He would probably be banned for speeding.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would say "That is not true, if you keep it up, you will be muted."

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will not use my admin powers, I will just use !friendly.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
He will be muted and kicked.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
The worth of a hat does not equal god mode.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
"I am really sorry that you have been slayed as HHH, since you've been slayed, you will get HHH for 1 minute, than you'll be slayed by me (if 1 minute runs out)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:59:18 PM by King of Medimedes »
You don't tell time. You tell IT.

Offline [Advisor]Tre

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: larrytheking3 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 09:54:29 AM »
Yes,sir I do have all of that requresd butt I do not have the micro phone sir, i'll buy 1 as soon as I can.

Offline ッ Scorched ッ

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 09:58:06 AM »

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I believe that I do not have any weaknesses.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
They can exploit their powers, BUT cannot Slay, Freeze, Timebomb, OR rename players at random times.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will say "It depends on how many hats you will give. If you have enough, you will get 1 minute of god mode."

There are 4 things I think are wrong here. Number 1 being you thinking you don't have any weaknesses, everyone has a weakness. Number 2 you are fine with other TF2SS admins exploiting their powers? Number 3 you are willing to take a certain amount of hats/items for free god mode? Number 4 I do not believe in question 13 that you are 9s and 10s in all of the categories.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:02:48 AM by ScorchedKiller »
~

Offline Larry

• Forum Visitor
  • At Your Service
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 10:29:15 AM »
Yes I know, I misunderstood some of the questions, but I will try to make it fair, and yes, on question 13, I do have lots of 9s and 10s because I'm that nice of a person.

Offline Larry

• Forum Visitor
  • At Your Service
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 01:50:26 PM »

I believe that I do not have any weaknesses.

They can exploit their powers, BUT cannot Slay, Freeze, Timebomb, OR rename players at random times.

I will say "It depends on how many hats you will give. If you have enough, you will get 1 minute of god mode."

There are 4 things I think are wrong here. Number 1 being you thinking you don't have any weaknesses, everyone has a weakness. Number 2 you are fine with other TF2SS admins exploiting their powers? Number 3 you are willing to take a certain amount of hats/items for free god mode? Number 4 I do not believe in question 13 that you are 9s and 10s in all of the categories.

I have done some edits and made some of it reasonable and I will answer some of your questions.

1st. I do have a weakness, I was really tired when I wrote that I didn't but I do.
2nd. They can exploit their powers and I can exploit mine, I just need to make it fair and not slay anybody or do other stuff like that.
3rd. I have fixed the god mode question. Go check it out.
4th. In Question 13, I have paid more attention to the scales and made it more fair.

Offline ッ Scorched ッ

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 03:01:07 PM »
You still think admin abusing their powers is OK?
~

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 03:27:27 PM »
5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Taking care of spawn camping. If someone was in an enemy spawn, I would give them a friendly reminder not to do that. Than they understood not to do it again.
This is a previous Administrative position How?

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To take care of mic spammers, kick/ban people that are using LMAOBox (that's your choice),
No, that's YOUR Choice.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I've never gotten under control when I have been admin, and I have not been doing Admin Abuse.
Please list a time where you have lost control of yourself due to Anger or Rage. This can include real life examples.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
It depends on what they're saying.
It does not matter to what you think it depends on what they are saying. Any potential offensive content should be requested to stop.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Muting them.
What, No Warning?

As stated before. You think it's OKAY for an Admin to exploit their powers?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would visit the server, and solve the problem.
How exactly would you "Solve the problem"?

I will not accept it.
There is still so much wrong with this Answer.

You might want to highly consider revising your application.

Offline Larry

• Forum Visitor
  • At Your Service
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 04:09:18 PM »
You still think admin abusing their powers is OK?

Actually, I am about to fix that.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: larrytheking3 - Game Server Admin Application [EDITED]
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 07:17:29 PM »
Application denied.

Your IP is the same as the applicant who posted this application: http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=901.0
The applicant in that hyperlink states his age is 13 years old.

You clearly are the same person since you even replied on this very application in order to make a correction on this application using the other account:

Yes,sir I do have all of that requresd butt I do not have the micro phone sir, i'll buy 1 as soon as I can.

You may reapply once you have met our requirements
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:54:12 PM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: larrytheking3 - Game Server Admin Application [EDITED]
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 07:53:08 PM »
Your application has been re-opened.
A decision will be made on it within a week.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: larrytheking3 - Game Server Admin Application [WAITING FOR APPROVAL]
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 10:43:15 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.