• April 18, 2024, 09:37:15 PM

Author Topic: ◇ĐHîžzý◇ - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 2843 times)

Offline DHizzy

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
◇ĐHîžzý◇ - Game Server Admin Application
« on: May 21, 2015, 02:32:08 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Time zone. (Oklahoma, USA)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I help my parents (They own a business)make sure that their employees are doing their job and following the rules, or else I contact someone or my parents.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to make sure everyone is following the rules and respecting them. I want to have the experience to see what is to be like when in charge or making sure everyone respects and follows server rules. I also want to make sure everyone is having a good time on the servers. :)

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
4-6 Hours a day... Or mostly all day on weekends. Since it is Summer I will be on alot most of the day and week. Vacations for me last about 1 week, but as soon as it ends I will get right back on.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
For about 5 months.

9. List a reputation thread here (if you have one, it may be simple as your steamrep url):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198145886079/

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I have no alternate accounts.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I have lost control when players on SwapShop servers were disrespecting me and votekicking/votebanning me. I also sometimes lose control when people say things that aren't true about me, but I am in the process of dealing with that by ignoring those people. My grandmother recently was diagnosed with lung cancer so that really made me sad.

12. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 7

13. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I will give them 1 warning to stop before I gag/mute them. If they continue to be racist I will perma-mute them or kick/ban them.
If the person is making racist comments in the chat box, I will also ask them to stop, but if they dont I will kick them out of over and over again until they stop with the racist comments.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would do the same thing as I would to players making racist comments, except I will give them warnings.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I will ask them to stop, but if they don't I will perma-mute that person. If it is a well known friend of mine I will ask them to stop, or I will kick them until they stop.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will ask that person to stop as polite as I can. I will not disrespect fellow admins, as I would not like them to disrespect me.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would probably respond with "I will be there as soon as I can to deal with him/her."

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will ask the threaten-er to not do that, as that will be my job to deal with people that are breaking rules, or I will tell that person that those non-existing rules to not apply to these servers.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Nothing. It is just a game and it doesn't matter. I may complain a tiny bit, but I wont rage/whine about those players.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will either give them one warning to not say that or else I will kick/ban them, depending on how much they say about me or the server. I will first kick them but if they join back and start talking smack, I will ask them not to do that once more time to stop or else I will ban them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will ask that person not to offer hats for shop items, and if they don't stop t that will be resulted for them as being kicked from the server.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
I tell them that its just a game and you can buy the HHH again later after the player who has slain them has left the server.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ◇ĐHîžzý◇ - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 05:22:10 PM »
Thank you for applying to TF2 SwapShop.

However, we are not accepting applications at the moment (click here for more information: http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=32.0)

You may re-apply manually again once we have allowed applications.

Topic locked. Application denied.