• April 28, 2024, 05:12:34 PM

Author Topic: §¦˞˞ңӑӈӓ Gotcha«§ - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4201 times)

Offline Sup hahah

• Forum Visitor
  • Hahahahaha, GOTCHA!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
§¦˞˞ңӑӈӓ Gotcha«§ - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 25, 2015, 01:28:31 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern-Pacific Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been an admin on 3 Gmod Servers, ranging from death run to dark rp. I have been a co owner on a death run server and everyone loved me I have proof (check steam profile).

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goal is to help clean up the servers as much as I can. I have gone on some of the servers Orange x7 and Trade Plaza 2 come to mind beacuse they have the most players, sometimes there will be a kid begging for free items or even worse mic spam.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Mon - Fri: From 2pm - 10pm and on weekends all day Saturday and a couple hours on Sunday.

B. On the forums?
From 4pm-6pm when I play on the servers or have free time at school.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
2 weeks

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198067245161

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I lose control when I can not get things to work I get very frustrated, not at others just at myself.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strengths have to be being resonable and logical. My one weak spot has to be when other people keep doing the thing they are told not to do.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask him to stop, 2nd time I would give him a warning, 3rd time I would kick him.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Ask why they are offened and see it from their point of view, then ask for the remarks to stop.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Tell them to please stop micspamming, if they continue then that would be a mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Ask why he/she was then report it to the fourms and all other admin including me could talk it over and decide on an outcome.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Go to that server and see what is going on. If they truely are speed hacking then they would be banned right away but if it's a store bought item then no one would get punished.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Post a link to the fourm with the actual rules. Then give a warning to the player that is making up rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would simply ask why and then switch to spectator if it continues. If it was another player then I would ask them why and if it was a race issue or some other issue like being a kid. Then they would be kicked for ruining the experience here.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Ask what I can do to improve their experience at the server. If the problem consists they will be muted and vote kicked off.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Ask them to please stop asking for hats. If he keeps doing it I will say I'm sorry but I need to mute you beacuse you keep asking.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That I can buy a new HHH round for them and say to them please be more careful when you buy the perk next time.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: §¦˞˞ңӑӈӓ Gotcha«§ - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 02:12:44 PM »
F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Post a link to the fourm with the actual rules. Then give a warning to the player that is making up rules.
What if the player ignores you after the warning?

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That I can buy a new HHH round for them and say to them please be more careful when you buy the perk next time.
What if you had no credits left?

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been an admin on 3 Gmod Servers, ranging from death run to dark rp. I have been a co owner on a death run server and everyone loved me I have proof (check steam profile).
Which servers are you still affiliated with as a server administrator?

I lose control when I can not get things to work I get very frustrated, not at others just at myself.
Please explain in detail an instance when you felt this way.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:15:49 PM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »

Offline Sup hahah

• Forum Visitor
  • Hahahahaha, GOTCHA!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 02:22:24 PM »
-What if the player ignores you after the warning?

Then I would have to take action and kick him.

-What if you had no credits left?

Donate to the server to get credits, or find out why the other player slayed him/her.

-Which servers are you still affiliated with as a server administrator?

I am not an admin anymore because I had to take a break due to family issues. I warned all of the owners and they said it was fine, but you will no longer be an admin due to the period of time you will be gone.

-Please explain in detail an instance when you felt this way.

When my computer got here the side panel would not open I got mad and shut down my mom was there and insted of me releasing my anger on her, I calmed myself down and open the side panel after a couple more tries.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:00:03 PM by §¦˞˞ңӑӈӓ Gotcha«§ »

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 11:22:08 PM »
Do you perhaps speak more than one language? If so, which is your primary?

Hades

Offline Sup hahah

• Forum Visitor
  • Hahahahaha, GOTCHA!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 07:09:34 AM »
Do you perhaps speak more than one language? If so, which is your primary?

Hades

My primary is English, but I can also speak German

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 11:20:11 AM by §¦˞˞ңӑӈӓ Gotcha«§ »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 02:12:52 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.