• April 29, 2024, 01:05:44 AM

Author Topic: XDLeafy - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4698 times)

Offline DefiantNova

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
XDLeafy - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:12:07 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacifific time zone UTC-08:00

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:

I own a fangroup on Facebook called H20 delirous. It has around 20,000 members and I have remained as the Owner ever since. https://www.facebook.com/groups/438325529628187/

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would make it an excellent time on the servers for anyone who doesn't wish to break the rules.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Everyday after 3:00 O'clock, but not always on the weekends.

B. On the forums?

I would check on the updates to the servers mostly.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Since mid-August.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198212661457

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I have no alternative account.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
When I was 10 years old, I was allowed to sit in the front seat of the car with my dad, but my mother wouldn't let me, so I was really upset.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?

In strength, I am an amazing leader who can handle being in power.
My weakness is that I cannot handle other players being better than me.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 5
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask to stop politely, but if he continues i will say stop this is a warning, but if he or she continues i will gag and mute the person.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
If they find it offensive i will say that, you should stop because your being offensive to people in this server.if not if on mic or chat,they will get gagged and muted for a safe enviroment.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Tell then to stop mic spaming or you will get muted.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would call another admin to help me with the problem at hand.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
when i join the server i would go in spectator mode to see if he or she is hacking.if he or she is i will promply ban the person

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would say that what you are saying is false so stop telling people lies.plus i will leave them with a warning or further on if he or she continues.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
To me i wouldnt mind if they dominate me its fine they just want to play a shooter game.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will tell him to stop and give him a warning if he doesnt then i will gag and mute him if it continues then kick or and then ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would ban him from the server for trying to scam people on the server.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Im sorry, but this is allowed on this server if you are having difficulties than contact another admin.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:05:29 PM by XDLeafy√BB »

Offline DefiantNova

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: XDLeafy - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 08:15:10 PM »
im kinda scared to what would happen :!

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 08:37:57 PM »
You might want to go back and fix some of those grammar mishaps, buddy.
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 09:00:07 PM »

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
i am the owner of a facebook group that has over 20,000 members and has been in ownership since the beginning
(H20 delirous)was the group name and is a FAN group so yeah

1. Can you link us the FaceBook Group?

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
well because i believe it would be fun and full of responsibilty to uphold such a postion as an admin in the servers.

2. ...and you would be able to handle the responsiblity? Sure it's good to have fun on the servers, but you have to remember that this is exactly like a job application.
Being a staff member is a serious job.

B. On the forums?
barely on the forums because i usual go on it to see the updates on the servers

3. Would you be able to spend more time on the forums if you were considered?

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
in strengh i like being in power or just like a drill sergeant

in weakness i feel sometimes down when other people have better killstreaks than me.(but not anger.

4. Would that "power" get to your head? Also, can you provide more examples for your strengths & weaknesses?

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
if they find it offensive i will say that you should stop because your being offensive to people in this server please stop if not if on mic or chat will get gagged and muted for a safe enviroment

5. What if the players are offended/annoyed, but the person is not really breaking any rules and actually is not even being rude?

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
i would say that what you are saying is false so stop telling people lies.plus i will leave them with a warning or further on if he or she continues

6. What would you do if they continued?

----------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, there are many issues I have with this, as well as grammatical errors. I'm just giving my input on this to save a bit of time for anyone whom may concern.
Good luck!

Offline DefiantNova

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 09:08:12 PM »

i am the owner of a facebook group that has over 20,000 members and has been in ownership since the beginning
(H20 delirous)was the group name and is a FAN group so yeah

1. Can you link us the FaceBook Group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/438325529628187/

well because i believe it would be fun and full of responsibilty to uphold such a postion as an admin in the servers.

2. ...and you would be able to handle the responsiblity? Sure it's good to have fun on the servers, but you have to remember that this is exactly like a job application.
Being a staff member is a serious job.
i know that so thats why it takes responsibility to have a action/job like this

B. On the forums?
barely on the forums because i usual go on it to see the updates on the servers

3. Would you be able to spend more time on the forums if you were considered?

yes i would like to see more than the updates

in strengh i like being in power or just like a drill sergeant

in weakness i feel sometimes down when other people have better killstreaks than me.(but not anger.

4. Would that "power" get to your head? Also, can you provide more examples for your strengths & weaknesses?

the power really would since that im able to control my self.Strengh i consider myself a independant person. i have no other weakness

if they find it offensive i will say that you should stop because your being offensive to people in this server please stop if not if on mic or chat will get gagged and muted for a safe enviroment

5. What if the players are offended/annoyed, but the person is not really breaking any rules and actually is not even being rude?

For another decision i would say only give him some warnings at the current state of the other person.

i would say that what you are saying is false so stop telling people lies.plus i will leave them with a warning or further on if he or she continues

6. What would you do if they continued?

if they continue i would kick them be being false on information

----------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, there are many issues I have with this, as well as grammatical errors. I'm just giving my input on this to save a bit of time for anyone whom may concern.
Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:26:10 PM by XDLeafy√BB »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 11:11:29 PM »
Just a tip, any edits to questions that you wish to do, just go to the bottom of your application, and click "Modify" to be able to edit anywhere as you wish.

Some questions or concerns can be edited as you go along.

Offline DefiantNova

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 11:20:20 PM »
thx

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 02:20:03 PM »
Must have at least a 6 month old Steam account (approximately).
Your account is about 4 months old. You're slightly behind our requirement, but I won't close the application.

Offline DefiantNova

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 05:02:03 PM »
Thank you man i barely started on this account a few months ago.

Offline DefiantNova

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 06:00:35 PM »
Ok so i fixed all of my grammar issues.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 10:08:26 PM »
Player    XDLeafy√BB
Steam ID    STEAM_0:1:126197864
Steam Community    76561198212661457
Invoked on    12-07-15 22:54
Block length    30 min (Expired)
Unblock reason    no reason present
Unblocked by Admin    CONSOLE
Expires on    12-07-15 23:24
Reason    Spam in chat/voice
Blocked from  TF2SS.COM #22 | Trade/Idle | !jackpot | FREE PER...

Hello,

It seems you have had a mute been placed upon you. In order to apply for administration you must meet all of our guidelines.

Cannot have a bad reputation on our servers because of bans, mutes, gags, etc. enacted in the past.

Due to this your application is hereby denied.

APPLICATION DENIED.

Hades
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:14:14 PM by Hades »