• April 28, 2024, 06:29:04 PM

Author Topic: NaTION - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 9737 times)

Offline Nationn

• Forum Visitor
  • I am the friendliest guy you will ever know.
    • My Gmail Account
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
NaTION - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 10, 2015, 08:23:26 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Australian Eastern Time Zone UTC+10:00

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
J.A.C 95501's Uber-Upgrades Server. I wasn't an admin, but a responsible moderator. That's all of the servers I was ever selected MOD/Admin.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals are to make new friends, and help the players that are new to the game. I want to hold this position because, I can help the players, while other admins are off.  

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Around Half a Week

B. On the forums?
8hrs

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Ill say 4 months. I do spend a lot of time on the server, i just cant remember how long.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
| steamname: NaTION
|  steam3ID: [U:1:87365310]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:43682655
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047631038
| customURL:
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198047631038

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I have no alternative accounts.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I never lost control, Everyone on JAC's servers were very quiet. Most of the time the server was empty.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
In strengths probably arguing and middle-manning spy crabs. Weaknesses is probably (If a large crowd with mic spamming) Controlling the server.  

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 5
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Mute the player, then report his steam account to steam, and then give his name to Death to see if I should Kick or Ban.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
By apologising for my actions and give them some credits.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Mute, then if continuously done, kick for specific time limit.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Contact Death, and talk to him about the admin abuser.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Tell the truth, and get some player (witnesses) to help with the report.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will ask the player why he is threatening other players when you just lied. If its serious Mute or kick  

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will ask them to stop, and if they don't, then just keep playing until i get them

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Immediate Ban. I wont tolerate it!

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will mute them, and if someone falls for it, file a report to steam and Death.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Its just a game, and that you can buy it again. If he screams at me, I will mute him.
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: NaTION - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 08:30:02 AM »
Just Editing Question 14 B
I would apologise for my actions, and if I do loose admin, I will know why.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 10:18:49 AM »

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
J.A.C 95501's Uber-Upgrades Server. I wasn't an admin, but a responsible moderator. That's all of the servers I was ever selected MOD/Admin.

Maybe give some more information about this "Uber-Upgrades" Server, like if it has a Steam Group page?

I never lost control, Everyone on JAC's servers were very quiet. Most of the time the server was empty.

Are you sure you've never lost control? This doesn't have to relate to anything in-game; it can be anything.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
By apologising for my actions and give them some credits.

But what if another player was making remarks that other players found offensive? What if that same player was also not even breaking any rules?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will ask them to stop, and if they don't, then just keep playing until i get them

What would you do if you're not successful in killing them?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Immediate Ban. I wont tolerate it!

So you wouldn't just mute/gag them?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:23:24 AM by BloodRain »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 03:37:58 PM »
Are you fluent in any other languages?

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 04:57:20 PM »
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198047631038
Your SteamRep profile is also very suspicious considering you do not meet our requirement for having no more than 3 VAC banned friends. You also have friend(s) with unconfirmed reports.

You may keep these friends for now, but if your application is accepted you will not be promoted until you remove these friends.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 05:17:43 PM »
Which Three Friends are these? I will remove them soon.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 05:32:30 PM »
Reply To Blood Rain: Question 11 A:I haven't lost control of server, the server was mostly quiet and empty. Question 5: I can send you a link to JAC'S Group so you can have a look. Question 11 B: Oh sorry I read the question properly, I would Give them a warning to stop, if continuously done I would gag them mute. Question 11 G: I don't loose my mind for people killing me, so if they keep doing then that's fine by me. Question 11 H: Sorry but I don't tolerate racism so yes I would ban him, but for a short period of time.

JAC's Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/jac95501servers

Reply to Wolf: No sir, I only speak English.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 06:22:12 PM »
Are you positive about this? Everyone has lost control of themselves due to anger or rage. Being part of that one server, doesn't mean you haven't played in other areas of Tf2. Real life examples are valid as well.

A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Mute the player, then report his steam account to steam, and then give his name to Death to see if I should Kick or Ban.
If you are the Admin and in hire, and you're dealing with a situation in which you make all the calls, and Death isn't on, would you be able to rely on self judgement and believe the punishment you give to the player is appropriate at the time?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Tell the truth, and get some player (witnesses) to help with the report.
See, we have a system in which we as Admin can respond to reports sent in by members of our community. If you recieve a player report about a user that is speed hacking on one of our servers, how would you go and deal with the situation?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will mute them, and if someone falls for it, file a report to steam and Death.
Muting them might make them have the inability to speak, but then they don't know why they were muted exactly. So wouldn't it be valid to warn them? As for reporting to Death, why would you? If you are the Admin in charge and witnessing a trade scam like this, wouldn't you be able to handle the situation yourself?

These are just a few questions I have. Please respond to them appropriately and to the best of your ability.

Beyond that, good luck

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 08:41:34 PM »
In reply to Blood:
So what your saying is that I have to include a real life incident? Well...a..I don't really have a real life situation, most of my situations are private to my family.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 08:52:55 PM »
In reply to Blood:
So what your saying is that I have to include a real life incident? Well...a..I don't really have a real life situation, most of my situations are private to my family.

I'm saying that it doesn't have to be a situation in-game. You can make something up and it would still be valid. Describe a time during which you lost control AKA were upset or angry about something.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 02:31:54 PM »
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198047631038
Your SteamRep profile is also very suspicious considering you do not meet our requirement for having no more than 3 VAC banned friends. You also have friend(s) with unconfirmed reports.

You may keep these friends for now, but if your application is accepted you will not be promoted until you remove these friends.
Friends who are VAC banned / have suspicious profiles on SteamRep. We'll discuss it again if your application is accepted.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 04:41:20 PM »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 06:43:23 PM »
My mistake, also: requirement wasn't not having 3 VAC banned friends, it actually was not having 3 SCAMMER friends. Nonetheless, it will improve your chances of being accepted if you were to comply with removing them.

I would not suggest being hasty and removing them until you are certain that you have been accepted, though.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2015, 07:12:26 PM »
Ok thanks, I've only removed one, but he never played

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack