• April 28, 2024, 04:32:23 PM

Author Topic: NaTION - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 9734 times)

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: NaTION - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 12:01:57 AM »
I also kindly request you answer the questions I have listen above.

It would be appreciated. 

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 12:55:18 AM »
11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I never lost control, Everyone on JAC's servers were very quiet. Most of the time the server was empty.
Are you positive about this? Everyone has lost control of themselves due to anger or rage. Being part of that one server, doesn't mean you haven't played in other areas of Tf2. Real life examples are valid as well.

A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Mute the player, then report his steam account to steam, and then give his name to Death to see if I should Kick or Ban.
If you are the Admin and in hire, and you're dealing with a situation in which you make all the calls, and Death isn't on, would you be able to rely on self judgement and believe the punishment you give to the player is appropriate at the time?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Tell the truth, and get some player (witnesses) to help with the report.
See, we have a system in which we as Admin can respond to reports sent in by members of our community. If you recieve a player report about a user that is speed hacking on one of our servers, how would you go and deal with the situation?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will mute them, and if someone falls for it, file a report to steam and Death.
Muting them might make them have the inability to speak, but then they don't know why they were muted exactly. So wouldn't it be valid to warn them? As for reporting to Death, why would you? If you are the Admin in charge and witnessing a trade scam like this, wouldn't you be able to handle the situation yourself?

These are just a few questions I have. Please respond to them appropriately and to the best of your ability.

Beyond that, good luck

Question 11: I am positive, No one played much mvm, and sometimes when people did play, i was offline.
Question 11 A: Not really, Becuase if I do make the wrong call, I can go really bad.
Question 11 E: I would give a simple warning, if they keep using the hack, I will kick and report to steam.
Question 11 I: I see what you're saying, and I will say why they were muted, and well, I can handle myself, but again, if i do make the wrong call, it could screw me over.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 02:11:02 AM »
Question 11: I am positive, No one played much mvm, and sometimes when people did play, i was offline.
Question 11 I: I see what you're saying, and I will say why they were muted, and well, I can handle myself, but again, if i do make the wrong call, it could screw me over.

No such thing as the wrong call. Punishments given out by Admin here are all acceptable as to what they believed was appropriate to the situation.

Nonetheless, thank you for responding to my questions.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 03:15:54 AM »
No problem, The reason why I said wrong call, is becuase when i was MOD for JAC's Server, he said I made alot of wrong calls.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2015, 09:44:27 PM »
Have you had any relatives / siblings who have applied for or are currently applying for server admin at TF2SwapShop?

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 09:51:15 PM »
Yes "DEEBEEGEE' is a sibling of mine.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 08:46:03 AM »
If you could please answer these additional questions.

• To your definition what is scamming?
  • To your definition what is sharking?
  • To your definition what is administrator abuse?
  • Someone on your friends list is breaking the rules, how do you respond/act. (Please include details as to your procedure)
  • Two administrators are arguing on the server disrupting other players, what do you do?

Hades

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 09:53:15 AM »
If you could please answer these additional questions.

• To your definition what is scamming?
  • To your definition what is sharking?
  • To your definition what is administrator abuse?
  • Someone on your friends list is breaking the rules, how do you respond/act. (Please include details as to your procedure)
  • Two administrators are arguing on the server disrupting other players, what do you do?

Hades
Thanks For Answering My Question Hades.

Scamming: Scamming, is when he/she says in the chat "Buying an Unusual for 20$ Pay-pal" , He/She, gets a trade, and starts trading.  The player gives an item and they confirm the trade. The trader/player will give He/She their pay-pal username. He/She doesn't give the trader his/hers cash, and leaves a victim of the scammer in the dust.

Sharking: Sharking is basically low-balling, but worse.
Say a player gets really lucky and gets a unusual hat from a crate. Players using backpack examiners would find that player and try to convince him that it isn't worth that much or offer him a "good" deal and trade some weapons for the unusual.  It's more than low-balling because at least the player who got low-balled gets something decent. It's basically lying about the value of the hat and taking advantage.

Admin Abuse: Admin abuse is when a player, uses his power as admin against other players who are NOT admin. Admin abusers tend to use commands to either kill or dominate players. Admin abusers abuse there powers, to show other people, who is the boss of the server. Admin abusers, tend to kick random people, or just kick people for either beating him, dominating him, and or just doing nothing.

Someone on your friends list is breaking the rules, how do you respond/act: Well first of all, I would ask he/she why they are breaking the rules. If he/she does not give me a good explanation (It is impossible to give a good explanation), they will get 1 warning. If they continuously keep breaking the rules, even though I gave he/she a warning, they will be kick for a small period of time, suitable to offence (Which I reckon around about 20 mins). If they rejoin after the time period has expired, and they still continuously break the rules after the fact that he/she got kicked, I will issue a ban on them for 1 hour.

Two administrators are arguing on the server disrupting other players, what do you do?  First of all, I would ask what the problem is, If the both admins do not tell me, I will ask the community, If the community doesn't tell me either, I would PM them and ask them what's going on. If they still wont tell me, well, I have no choice, but to leave it. But if they do tell, then ill ask for some answers. If its about a person on the server, I would deal with the person myself and handle the situation, but if its a disruption against those two admins, ill have to tell them, to simply work it out themselves. I won't get into an argument with or against an admin or community member. Ill just simply disagree or agree, and if it does not go my way, then I am fine with that.

Any more questions? Please PM me.

Nation

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:30:30 PM by NaTION »

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2015, 08:51:28 AM »
Hello,

We thank you for taking an interest in applying here at Tf2SwapShop, however your application did not meet the expectations of our staff. Therefore your application is denied.

You may reapply after 6 months has passed.

Application Denied.

Hades