• April 28, 2024, 11:07:42 PM

Author Topic: Hamtaro - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 10368 times)

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Hamtaro - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 09:09:47 AM »

• To your definition what is scamming?

Scamming for me (in the tf2 world) would be the attempt of tricking a player into giving an item while either not receiving anything in return. An example would be (as mentioned on the form) a player promising to give godmode if they get the hat. Another example would be when a player offers malicious links or tells the victim to add a friend of them to trade an item.

To your definition what is sharking?

Somewhat similar to Scamming, it is when a player offers in a trade an item like a scrap for the other player's item that is of higher value. If they were to agree and trade, the person who traded the item that is worth much more than one scrap, would be "sharked".

Like for example, Player 1 offers a weapon for Player 2's Horace. If they were to trade, Player 2 would be Sharked.

To your definition what is administrator abuse?

That's when an administrator uses their commands for their gaming advantage, for pure rage or annoyance.

A scenario would be an administrator just slaying a player over and over simply because he/she was killed by the slayed player. Others like to kick or ban them because "I can" and other reasons.

Someone on your friends list is breaking the rules, how do you respond/act. (Please include details as to your procedure)

Honestly and being frank, I wouldn't care if they were my friends or on my friends list. If they joined the servere, they are (apparently since many players don't) agreeing to server rules.
I would treat them like any other regular player. Would warn them, if they don't stop and continue even if kicked, a ban would be done.

Two administrators are arguing on the server disrupting other players, what do you do?

It would depend on what exactly is the argument about. Though the arguments shouldn't start causing disruptions toward other players, as administrators, they should discuss issues and arguments in a more mature way as the administrators (I assume) they are, without bothering other player's gameplay. If I were to have any jurisdiction on the argument, trying to find the solution would be an option. If I can't really do anything about it, I would suggest for them to talk about the issue elsewhere without bothering others.

If there is anything else, let me know.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 10:04:55 AM »

• To your definition what is scamming?

Scamming for me (in the tf2 world) would be the attempt of tricking a player into giving an item while either not receiving anything in return. An example would be (as mentioned on the form) a player promising to give godmode if they get the hat. Another example would be when a player offers malicious links or tells the victim to add a friend of them to trade an item.

To your definition what is sharking?

Somewhat similar to Scamming, it is when a player offers in a trade an item like a scrap for the other player's item that is of higher value. If they were to agree and trade, the person who traded the item that is worth much more than one scrap, would be "sharked".

Like for example, Player 1 offers a weapon for Player 2's Horace. If they were to trade, Player 2 would be Sharked.

To your definition what is administrator abuse?

That's when an administrator uses their commands for their gaming advantage, for pure rage or annoyance.

A scenario would be an administrator just slaying a player over and over simply because he/she was killed by the slayed player. Others like to kick or ban them because "I can" and other reasons.

Someone on your friends list is breaking the rules, how do you respond/act. (Please include details as to your procedure)

Honestly and being frank, I wouldn't care if they were my friends or on my friends list. If they joined the servere, they are (apparently since many players don't) agreeing to server rules.
I would treat them like any other regular player. Would warn them, if they don't stop and continue even if kicked, a ban would be done.

Two administrators are arguing on the server disrupting other players, what do you do?

It would depend on what exactly is the argument about. Though the arguments shouldn't start causing disruptions toward other players, as administrators, they should discuss issues and arguments in a more mature way as the administrators (I assume) they are, without bothering other player's gameplay. If I were to have any jurisdiction on the argument, trying to find the solution would be an option. If I can't really do anything about it, I would suggest for them to talk about the issue elsewhere without bothering others.

If there is anything else, let me know.
Perfect man/woman for the job, Very friendly, Please do accept him/her Knife and Hades. Hey man, you have all my support!

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 10:06:55 AM »
Well I'm flattered. Thanks man, best of luck as well for everyone that have their submissions.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 10:22:01 AM »
Well I'm flattered. Thanks man, best of luck as well for everyone that have their submissions.
Don't worry man, we are all flattered. Its hard work that got us here.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 11:43:08 AM »
B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
First of all, the remark has to make sense. Not something like as foolish as if saying the word "rock" meaning an insult to them. Considering players worldwide join these servers, I would be much more flexible since indeed there are things others will consider offensive that where we live wouldn't be considered offensive.
So what if the remark was actually offensive, though?

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 11:50:51 AM »
B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
First of all, the remark has to make sense. Not something like as foolish as if saying the word "rock" meaning an insult to them. Considering players worldwide join these servers, I would be much more flexible since indeed there are things others will consider offensive that where we live wouldn't be considered offensive.

Then if it is indeed an offensive remark, I would warn the player to try not saying/doing such offensive remark as others may see it offensive. In the event that they do not listen and continue, a kick/ban would be done.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 11:55:22 AM »

Then if it is indeed an offensive remark, I would warn the player to try not saying/doing such offensive remark as others may see it offensive. In the event that they do not listen and continue, a kick/ban would be done.

I consider with this Spanish comments as well. Not a language you can use to insult without getting into trouble.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 12:16:30 PM »
Alright, thank you for responding.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 12:20:29 PM »
Alright. If anything else, please let me know.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2015, 12:03:18 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You also did not bother to check up on your application after making the first reply, leaving questions unanswered.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.