• May 14, 2024, 07:57:56 AM

Author Topic: LinKys - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4199 times)

Offline LinKys

• Forum Visitor
  • Gaming and with respects
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
LinKys - Game Server Admin Application
« on: May 10, 2016, 08:54:43 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I used to own a Team Fortress 2 Server
My server co owner was BloodRain.
My Server Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fundaysunday

Server was too boring and too many admin abuser on my server so I decided to quit.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To have respects

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Well I'm still in school (Freshman) Going to be Sophomore Next Year 2017.

I could go on from 2:40-4:00 PM After Noon
                           7:20-10:45 PM Night Time

B. On the forums?
I would check the fourm once awhile since I do get bored on tf2 sometime and I usually just listen to music and do research hw/test but I would go on the fourm every day but not 24 hour :)

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been playing for awhile but I usually delet the groups that I don't really active with but this group I've been for couple months. Its a very nice and friendly community.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamcommunity.com/id/LinKysGaming/

Email me: [email protected]

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I don't have any other steam account only this is my only one. :)

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
Wow :)
Its been awhile well this happen to me a little while ago. I think it was 2013 or 2014 don't really remember. But I met this team fortress 2 player who was nice and had many friends. I was a f2p during that time. I wanted hats and metals. We became friend and he bought me a full sniper set. I think I still remember the set is was the -Anger -Birdman of Australiacatraz -Archers Groundings and it was full painted -Peculiarly Drab Tincture and I was very happy that day. We play for a couple years but he had this best friend that was trying to be funny but I didn't think he was funny to me. I was very jealous when they play together. Then one day his friend told him to unfriend me and block me that day. The next day I woked up and was happy to play with him. But when I was going to my friends list I was wondering did he changed his name or did he just unfriended me. I was so worried. Then I found out that he blocked me because I went to the server that he and I met on. I saw him was playing with his best friends. I was crying and that point I felt like I didn't deserve living in this world anymore. So I decided to quit Team Fortress 2 for a year and I still remember his name. (Matt) Also I did went through a lot of emotional history before but I felt like this was the one that really made me who I am today.
I've been scam many times and still this is the worst experienced.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Well I would like to say I can be a very emotional person and I do sometimes worried of others when they are emotional too. I respect others very well and also I can be a very annoying voice sometimes because I'm only 15 right now but I enjoy players to join the servers. Like a said I used to own a server and it just fell good when you see users joining your server.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 4
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 3

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Well if there were a racist user that was making mean comments on another person I would talk to them nicely and questioned them why do you say and why you do that? Let know how the comment or joke makes me fell. Also I would try asking them what's their biggest fear or what they are afraid of and are they having a emotional time in their life time. And if they try to make fun of me like for example I'm (Asian) and they be mic spamming "Ching Chong Bing Bong" or what so ever I would ignore and just laugh and try not to get triggered by them. I would compliment them on how good they are or how nice their cosmetic/inventory are.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would respond.
Okay okay,... guys that's enough
Lets get this over with please be respectful to each other and this is not a source to cyber bully others I know that you may have something very bad/emotional right now but please If you want to talk about it you and I can do this somewhere else. Also treat others the way you want to be treated guys. Thanks

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would say (UserName) will you please stop holding your mic its very disturbing the users and if I have to say this one more time you will be muted. I warned you and the Motd already too so if you want to mic spam try not to do it on this server. Thanks

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Ask them if they read the MOTD and did they notice they are admins and they must respect others and don't let me see him or her do that again. If they continue I would ask for other admin and we both well deal with the abusing admin user.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Ok well be right there as soon as possible just try to get his steam link or something like is username. Thanks

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Please do not lie on this server forcing others to do what you want will not happen and it will not continue. If they do I'll ask another admin to help me deal with the user.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Well I'm a skilled person :) played Comp but didn't really get to have a match because our group just exploded. My team mates, some quit tf2 also some stop playing video games. Also I would just put on /god and not kill anyone and just chill and watch the server.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would say please do not use those language about this server. Its very rude and tell them an example " what if  I would come to your house and start complaining about your furniture or your hair and how ugly you are and how your face was like that because of your parents." then I would ask them to not disrespect any or all other servers again. Again this is not a bullying source for you to go and relief your stress please take is some where else or you could talk to be but not in this server thanks

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would check on the staff list if they are really a admin/staff on the server and if they are not I would questioned them why they are doing this and why scamming other users. And if they are admins/staff I would get another admin/staff and help me deal with the person.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That its okay.. Its just a game just chill and relax and forget about it and just play and try to dominate him :)

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I'm very fair to everyone, and do not use my abilities to give myself gear to be better at the game and to just get respects.

Offline LinKys

• Forum Visitor
  • Gaming and with respects
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: LinKys - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 09:13:42 PM »
March 22, 2001 Next year

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 09:15:40 PM »
First, I must ask--when is your 16th birthday? Also, do you speak any other languages besides English?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 10:19:15 PM »
Red = Grammar issue/s
Maroon= Response  Follows

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I used to own a Team Fortress 2 Server
My server co owner was BloodRain.
My Server Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fundaysunday

Server was too boring and too many admin abuser on my server so I decided to quit.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?[/color]
To have respects

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Well I'm still in school (Freshman) Going to be Sophomore Next Year 2017.

I could go on from 2:40-4:00 PM After Noon
                           7:20-10:45 PM Night Time

B. On the forums?
I would check the fourm once awhile since I do get bored on tf2 sometime and I usually just listen to music and do research hw/test but I would go on the fourm every day but not 24 hour :)

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been playing for awhile but I usually delet the groups that I don't really active with but this group I've been for couple months. Its a very nice and friendly community.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamcommunity.com/id/LinKysGaming/

Email me: [email protected]

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I don't have any other steam account only this is my only one. :)

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
Wow :)
Its been awhile well this happen to me a little while ago. I think it was 2013 or 2014 don't really remember. But I met this team fortress 2 player who was nice and had many friends. I was a f2p during that time. I wanted hats and metals. We became friend and he bought me a full sniper set. I think I still remember the set is was the -Anger -Birdman of Australiacatraz -Archers Groundings and it was full painted -Peculiarly Drab Tincture and I was very happy that day. We play for a couple years but he had this best friend that was trying to be funny but I didn't think he was funny to me. I was very jealous when they play together. Then one day his friend told him to unfriend me and block me that day. The next day I woked up and was happy to play with him. But when I was going to my friends list I was wondering did he changed his name or did he just unfriended me. I was so worried. Then I found out that he blocked me because I went to the server that he and I met on. I saw him was playing with his best friends. I was crying and that point I felt like I didn't deserve living in this world anymore. So I decided to quit Team Fortress 2 for a year and I still remember his name. (Matt) Also I did went through a lot of emotional history before but I felt like this was the one that really made me who I am today.
I've been scam many times and still this is the worst experienced.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Well I would like to say I can be a very emotional person and I do sometimes worried of others when they are emotional too. I respect others very well and also I can be a very annoying voice sometimes because I'm only 15 right now but I enjoy players to join the servers. Like a said I used to own a server and it just fell good when you see users joining your server.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 4
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 3

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Well if there were a racist user that was making mean comments on another person I would talk to them nicely and questioned them why do you say and why you do that? Let know how the comment or joke makes me fell. Also I would try asking them what's their biggest fear or what they are afraid of and are they having a emotional time in their life time. And if they try to make fun of me like for example I'm (Asian) and they be mic spamming "Ching Chong Bing Bong" or what so ever I would ignore and just laugh and try not to get triggered by them. I would compliment them on how good they are or how nice their cosmetic/inventory are.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would respond.
Okay okay,... guys that's enough
Lets get this over with please be respectful to each other and this is not a source to cyber bully others I know that you may have something very bad/emotional right now but please If you want to talk about it you and I can do this somewhere else. Also treat others the way you want to be treated guys. Thanks

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would say (UserName) will you please stop holding your mic its very disturbing the users and if I have to say this one more time you will be muted. I warned you and the Motd already too so if you want to mic spam try not to do it on this server. Thanks

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Ask them if they read the MOTD and did they notice they are admins and they must respect others and don't let me see him or her do that again. If they continue I would ask for other admin and we both well deal with the abusing admin user.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?

Ok well be right there as soon as possible just try to get his steam link or something like is username. Thanks

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Please do not lie on this server forcing others to do what you want will not happen and it will not continue. If they do I'll ask another admin to help me deal with the user.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Well I'm a skilled person :) played Comp but didn't really get to have a match because our group just exploded. My team mates, some quit tf2 also some stop playing video games. Also I would just put on /god and not kill anyone and just chill and watch the server.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would say please do not use those language about this server. Its very rude and tell them an example " what if  I would come to your house and start complaining about your furniture or your hair and how ugly you are and how your face was like that because of your parents." then I would ask them to not disrespect any or all other servers again. Again this is not a bullying source for you to go and relief your stress please take is some where else or you could talk to be but not in this server thanks

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would check on the staff list if they are really a admin/staff on the server and if they are not I would questioned them why they are doing this and why scamming other users. And if they are admins/staff I would get another admin/staff and help me deal with the person.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That its okay.. Its just a game just chill and relax and forget about it and just play and try to dominate him :)

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I'm very fair to everyone, and do not use my abilities to give myself gear to be better at the game and to just get respects.

Number 6: Respect is not given. IT is earned. That statement to me states you are only in it for the power that comes with the role.

Number 9: Having your SteamRep link would make things easier for other administrators. 

14-B: Despite this one's color being Maroon, It contains grammatical errors. Response will be further down.

14-D: This one contains so many grammar errors that I cannot understand what you are talking about.

14-E: While players may report to you that something is wrong on the server he/she is on, reports are not sent to you by players directly.

Response pertaining to most, if not all, answers. You tend to answer with a response portraying to someone going through a rough patch in their life. This is not always the case with players who: do not follow the server's rules, are mean to others, and generally disrupt game play. Talking to them in-game asking them if they have problems in their life will NOT make them want to talk about it, or make he/she more willing to cooperate. If anything it will piss he/she off and he/she will feel embarrassed, humiliated, or feel as though he/she is being mocked. Being an administrator means handling situations that involve rules being broken, and it is not about playing a role of someone's psychologist/therapist. You may think it shows that you care, however it will not help in scenarios related to administrator activities.

Notice: Highly recommend fixing the grammar mistakes in your application. Proper communication is important when being an administrator.

Hades
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:23:57 PM by Hades »

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 10:48:58 AM »
To be honest this is kind of a pathetic application...do fix your grammar situation first.
counter sally strike go

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 02:39:23 PM »
Unfortunately, we simply cannot accept your application at this time.

Please reapply again once you have met the age requirement of 16 years of age.

Application denied.