• May 09, 2024, 10:14:44 AM

Author Topic: captainchicken3 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4211 times)

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
captainchicken3 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: February 12, 2016, 08:20:17 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Seattle Fri 6:31 PM

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been an admin on a few minecraft servers in the past. I was admin on one Terraria server, and I was Band president in middle school.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to become an admin because I really like the Swap Shop community, and I would love to become more involved in anyway that I can with it.
Whenever there is a problem on one of the servers (TF2SS #35) I try my best to try and settle down whatever tension is being created.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Quite a bit. TF2SS#35 is my main tf2 server that I play on. In the past 2 weeks I have spent approximately 78 hours on that server. I am in school from about 6:35 AM - 2:15 PM. So max amount of time I would be able to spend on the servers would probably around 4-5 hours a day, (5-10/10:30)

B. On the forums?
I would be able to be on the forums basically all day long (as long as I have my phone with me)

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
About a month or 2.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198059150501%2F

(It says unknown for the date I joined steam, however I have been a member for roughly 4 years Feb. 21 2012)

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
When my Grandfather died.
I really loved him a lot and when I was at his funeral I really couldn't keep my tears in and started to cry.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Strengths:
1. I'm a good problem solver
2. Good sport about things
3. I try to be fair with everyone and treat everyone equally
4. I'm polite to people who are polite back
5. I stop something when I'm told to.
---------------------------------------------------------Weaknesses:
1. I get annoyed by people who ignore requests, even when i kindly ask them it.
2. I'm not the best tf2 player
3. My voice is somewhat annoying.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 1
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 10

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would tell them to stop. Their comments might not offend everyone, but I guarantee that it will offend at the least, 1 person. That isn't really acceptable because every person should take other peoples feelings for account.
If the person would continue to make these remarks, I would put up a vote to mute that person.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Even If I wouldn't find these remarks to be offensive, I would still tell them to stop because I know what they are saying would be offensive and rude. I would ask the group of players if they would like the other player to stop making those remarks. However if the player making the offensive remarks ignores my request, I would take responsibility and have to mute/kick that player.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If they players on the server are getting annoyed by the micspam, them I would most definitely put up a votemute for that player. However if the votemute did not get passed I would suggest to the players who are getting annoyed by the spam to just mute the mic spammer from the menu.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report that admin to the head admin, or report them to the SwapShop website.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Join whatever server that supposed hacker is on and spectate that player to truly see if they are hacking. If they are hacking, I would ban them from the server. However if they aren't actually doing anything wrong, I'd just leave them be.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell the regular user that if those rules do not exist, then it would not be ok to ban a person for that reason. If the person did actually get banned for not complying with rules that do not exist, I would ban the person who started the vote ban, then try my hardest to get the other player unbanned.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Be a good sport about it. I don't really care too much about it. If it does get out of hand i just wont leave spawn. No biggie.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If the player called me an asshole I would laugh and agree with them, no need to get upset. Its just a person on the internet.

If they said the server sucked, I would tell them "every person is subject to their own opinion of something. If you don't like the server, then kindly leave the server and find one that suites your needs."

If a player was insulting anyone who kills him by screaming and swearing, I would have to ask them why they are reacting the way that they are, and that I would help them sort things out with the people who are killing him. I've actually had an experience like this happen to me while playing on one of your servers.
One player was being bullied and ganged up on by a bunch of players and he was getting quite frustrated for being killed. However one of the players picking on the player who was being bullied was loving the response he was getting by killing him. Screaming and cursing between the two of them ensued quite quickly and I had to do something. Other player on the server were getting annoyed by the banter between these two players, so eventually I came in and had to settle the tension between these two. I got them to stop yelling at each other and I also got them to calm down. I did this by asking the two very kindly that if the bullied player would stop yelling if the other player would stop killing him (and calling him a "faggot") This actually worked and the two of them got along perfectly afterwards.

So that is how I solved this problem in the past. However if the way i solved that problem wouldn't work, i would just have to mute both of those players until they are calm.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would warn them that the regular player is just trying to scam them for free hats. However if they are aware of what they are doing, ill let them go with it. Although if the regular player doesn't follow up with giving away free god mode, then i would have to force that user to give back the hat. If they leave the server, then i would report that player to valve for scamming.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them not to worry because the perk is only temporary and will go away shortly. After the perk ends, i would strongly suggest not buying that perk.
Go on then. You Pompous F***

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: captainchicken3 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 09:32:52 PM »
Hello, I have some questions/comments on certain areas of your application:

First,

•Logical: 10
•Reactive: 1
•Creative: 10
•Reasonable: 10
•Objective: 10
•Compassionate: 10
•Troubleshooter: 10

Do you believe that you are 100% perfect in all of these areas except reactive? And why do you give yourself a "1" in the reactive category?

Second,

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Seattle Fri 6:31 PM

So...your time zone would be Pacific Time Zone ‎(UTC-8)?

Third,

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been an admin on a few minecraft servers in the past. I was admin on one Terraria server, and I was Band president in middle school.

So what happened to your positions as admin on these minecraft/terraria servers? (Do you still administrate these servers?)

Fourth,

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would warn them that the regular player is just trying to scam them for free hats. However if they are aware of what they are doing, ill let them go with it. Although if the regular player doesn't follow up with giving away free god mode, then i would have to force that user to give back the hat. If they leave the server, then i would report that player to valve for scamming.

Do you really expect that user who you just let get away with scamming to simply "give back the hat"? If there is one rule among all others that you should be familiar with, it's that any form of scamming is strictly prohibited and will result in a ban.

Fifth,

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would tell them to stop. Their comments might not offend everyone, but I guarantee that it will offend at the least, 1 person. That isn't really acceptable because every person should take other peoples feelings for account.
If the person would continue to make these remarks, I would put up a vote to mute that person.

If you became admin, you wouldn't need to call a votemute. You have the power to just mute them. Also, what do you mean by "That isn't really acceptable because every person should take other peoples feelings for account"? Surely the racist person isn't targeting one individual...? Please elaborate a bit more on this specific response.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell the regular user that if those rules do not exist, then it would not be ok to ban a person for that reason. If the person did actually get banned for not complying with rules that do not exist, I would ban the person who started the vote ban, then try my hardest to get the other player unbanned.

What would be your reasoning for banning someone who simply typed "voteban" into the chat? And why would only the person who started the voteban get banned, and not all others who contributed? If that person got votebanned, then surely there was a good reason for it. In order for a voteban to be passed, nearly every player on the server must contribute.

Finally,

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them not to worry because the perk is only temporary and will go away shortly. After the perk ends, i would strongly suggest not buying that perk.

And what if that person defies your orders and buys it anyway?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 09:50:23 PM »
1. I mean, nobody is perfect at anything, however I do find myself to be pretty strong in those subjects. Looking back at it i'd probably give myself an 8 or 7 on most things. Also, I put a 1 as reactive because I wasn't really too sure what it meant by reactive. If it means reacting to a situation fast, then I'd give myself a 6. If it meants something like, say, being sensitive and somewhat pushy, I'd give myself a 1 because I'm not very sensitive to being insulted or anything.

2. yee

3. Sadly no, those servers went down a really long time ago. I stayed on them until the end.

4. I would personally threaten to ban them. If they didn't give it back I would ban them then report them to valve.

5. What I mean by this is that even if the majority of people might not find something to be offensive, I'm sure that at least one person in a group might find something offensive.

6. Looking back at this, I think that it would be better to just stop the vote ban before anything gets out of hand

Also, sorry if I didn't reply to you in the right way, I'm a little bit confused of how to reply using this forum.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:19:44 PM by Yee the Dinosaur »

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 09:56:51 PM »
Okay, thanks for the quick response.   :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 09:58:19 PM »
No Problem m8
Also sorry if my answers are a little hard to understand.
Some times I have issues putting my thoughts into sentences that make sense.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 10:29:24 AM »
You forgot to answer one question that our admin prompted:

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 11:05:31 AM »
You forgot to answer one question that our admin prompted:

If they continued to do it non stop, I might have to kick them. Or possibly teleort that player who doesn't want to be killed somewhere safe until the carnage is over.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 08:51:21 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.