• May 09, 2024, 12:16:52 AM

Author Topic: Percy! - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4290 times)

Offline Percy!

• Forum Visitor
  • ayy lmao
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Percy! - Game Server Admin Application
« on: March 01, 2016, 07:42:11 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
UTC/GMT -8 Hours

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have owned two successful Minecraft servers and have been admin on plenty but in any case all of these servers went down without notice or because of insufficient funds to run it any longer. I have Leaded and managed events for two Team Fortress 2 teams in which the first team was disbanded and the second I passed on leadership to move up in the rankings.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
For the little time that I have played on your servers I can say that I really love the community and I understand the atmosphere you guys are trying to create and I would love to take part in this. I would love to help you guys out by moderating your servers or any way possible.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I can spend approximately 2-7 hours on weekdays and on weekends 2-10 hours.

B. On the forums?
On weekdays I can be on the forums 2-7 hours and on the weekends up to 8 hours.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have not played much on your server but my guess would be for a few hours.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198203856511

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I have 0 alternate accounts.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
I honestly can't think of a time I have lost control of my emotions. I have had a friend when I was in 7th grade take her life but never being in such a situation I didn't know how to react. I might have isolated my self for awhile but other then that I don't think I have really lost control of emotions.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I think my greatest strengths would be the way I respond to situations. I tend to respond well in situations under a short period of time. For a weakness I would say when explaining things in detail I tend to inaccurately explain them causing confusion.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 5
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
If a person is making racist comments I will ask him politely to refrain from saying any racial or offensive comments and if this were to continue I would mute the person temporarily and if it were to continue I would make the mute longer or ban him.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I will try to see/understand the remark from both sides and I would tell the the person who had made the remark to keep in mind on what he says as it could possibly offend/hurt some one and that isn't something we want here and for the group of players getting offended depending on the remark I would tell them to ignore or don't take the remark so harshly.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
First I will give them a verbal warning and if it were to continue I would give them a temporary mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Respecting this admin and keeping in thought that this person was accepted as an admin there must be a logical reason for him to be exploiting his powers but I would politely ask him to stop as that is not fair for other players and if it were to continue I would contact some one who has authority over both of us to resolve the issue.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would go on the server and go into spectate to watch and observe the accused hacker and if I feel that he is hacking I will ban him from the server.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will give him a warning and remind him the impersonating an admin is against the rules and I will not hesitate to take action if he/she tries it again and if they do it will result in a temporary ban.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Well it is not against the rules to kill people or target people specifically so if they are targeting me specifically and it gets on my nerves I would probably just leave and come back another time. But keeping in mind Rule #2 in gameplay
 "Do not grief our servers' players intentionally..." if it reaches to an extent and I will kick ban or mute these people.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
This person would obviously be a unreasonable person not willing to cooperate so I would just mute him temporarily or permanently if he continues.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would explain to him that he shouldn't be offering people things he cannot give for hats and that if it were to continue I would consider him impersonating an admin and I will take further precautions such as muting/kicking/banning him etc.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Well assuming this perk is a perk but the slayer indeed manages to kill the perk user I would tell him that the other person had killed him/her fairly and that there is nothing I can do about it as the person isn't breaking any rules.
-P.S

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Percy! - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 07:50:26 PM »
I would like to get this issue out of the way before we make any decisions regarding this application.

If you believe that your ban was unjust, please provide additional information and / or evidence for us to review.

The ban appeal - http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=1227.msg6399#msg6399

EDIT

☑ Issue dealt with.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:01:06 PM by BloodRain »

Offline Percy!

• Forum Visitor
  • ayy lmao
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »
Ok, no problem.
-P.S

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 07:53:54 PM »
When is your birthday?

Offline Percy!

• Forum Visitor
  • ayy lmao
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 08:16:20 PM »
My birthday is October 12 2000
-P.S

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 10:51:02 PM »
This seems fine enough, good luck :)

Offline 7cyantropican7

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 02:27:40 AM »
He said he has played for a few hours, don't you need to have played on our servers for a month?

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 03:36:18 AM »
He said he has played for a few hours, don't you need to have played on our servers for a month?
I am pretty sure, you have to play for a month, and also he is under age.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 02:11:04 PM »

My mistake, I did not catch this.

It is true, you need at least a month of playtime on our servers in order to apply for administration.

You may apply again once you meet our requirements.

Application denied.