• May 09, 2024, 10:30:58 AM

Author Topic: ManaMage - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4515 times)

Offline ManaMage

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
ManaMage - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 07, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Time (Us & Canada)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am a section leader in my high school marching band, East High School.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I believe that i can keep the servers calm, keep hackers from hacking, and keep anyone that is trying to disobey the server's orders away.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will be spending around 1-3 hours on your server.

B. On the forums?
I will be spending around 30 minutes to 1 hour on the forums. Most likely longer but that's a minimum time.  

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on your group of servers ever since i made a steam account, which was the summer of 2015.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
My SteamRep URL is (http://steamcommunity.com/id/ManaMage/)

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I do not have any alternate accounts.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I don't recall a time when I have a lose of my control, but if i were to ever have one I would try my best to keep my mind off of it.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My personality strengths is that i'm a loving person, I always want a new friend,I'm almost most of the time happy, people like me for me and that's whats best.

My personality weaknesses would be that i'm kind of a perfectionist.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 1
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 3
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would politely tell them to stop,which would be a warning and if they do not want to listen, then they can be banned for a few days or more.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would find out what the player said that made the group of players offended and tell him to stop and if he doesn't want to comprehend then the play will be kicked or banned for a extended amount of time.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
1.I would have the whole server mute them.
2.I would tell the player to stop and if they don't want to comprehend then they can be kicked or banned for a extended amount of time.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report that admin to a higher authority if they do not want to comprehend.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would talk to the player that is speed hacking about not using it and that it may be fun but its not fun for everyone else on the server. I do hack myself but not on tf2 because I believe that it would make the game less fun to play. I don't hack any games that I believe are fun, and that are multiplayer. I'm a hacker myself so I know what can be going through there minds when they do something like that.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would see if he thought that he was on one of the servers that have those rules, and if he knows he's not and he intends to ban the play for not following the made up rules then I would kick or ban the player for giving false rules that don't apply for are server's.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would just take it like a man, It's a game for people to be dominating other people. There would be no reason to get mad about it. I might even friend then, and try to learn there ways to keep me killed. Not many people can dominate me on tf2.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell the whole server to mute them, and I would ban the player that is making rude comments about our servers.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would get to the bottom of the case, find out everything that corresponds to it. Tell them to stop and if he is really going to give then free godmode then he can be kicked or banned of a extend amount of time.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them that you died, its a game and that there is no reason to get mad over you dying. I would tell them that tf2 is a game about dying, and if they can't comprehend that then they should delete the game and all of the games that involve dying. i would also tell them to grow some balls and suck it up.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I am very excited and willing to become an admin. If you do not want me to become an admin I will just go in my way knowing that I would be best at that position because I play on at least one of your severs everyday. I love the people and I love the game play. If you think that I wont be a good admin or i'm not fit for it then I would be sad for a bit but then ill just go on my way, back to your servers and playing on them with all of my friends. Almost all of the friends I made from playing tf2 are from us playing on your servers.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ManaMage - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 01:28:39 PM »
Good luck in the coming week!
AFK like JFK

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 01:47:01 PM »
I do hack myself but not on tf2 because I believe that it would make the game less fun to play. I don't hack any games that I believe are fun, and that are multiplayer. I'm a hacker myself so I know what can be going through there minds when they do something like that.

I'm hoping we can trust you to completely refrain from doing this if you were to be hired, yes?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 01:59:19 PM »

Why do you score yourself so low when it comes to Perceptiveness and being Reactive and nearly perfect on the others?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:05:00 PM by Hamtaro »
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 02:39:02 PM »
Game Server Admin

Yes

3. Age:

Do you speak any other language than English? In other words, is English your primary language?

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I believe that i can keep the servers calm, keep hackers from hacking, and keep anyone that is trying to disobey the server's orders away.

A. On the servers?

B. On the forums?
I will be spending around 30 minutes to 1 hour on the forums. Most likely longer but that's a minimum time. 

I have been playing on your group of servers ever since i made a steam account, which was the summer of 2015.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I don't recall a time when I have a lose of my control, but if i were to ever have one I would try my best to keep my mind off of it.
So... You're saying that you can't remember a time when you've lost control? Surely that can't be true, it doesn't have to be a time that was in-game, it could be anything you want. Even a time you got mad at your parents or something would work.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My personality strengths is that i'm a loving person, I always want a new friend,I'm almost most of the time happy, people like me for me and that's whats best.

Only 1 weakness? Try to think of a few more...

Why do you rank yourself so high in everything except for reactive and perceptive?

I would politely tell them to stop,which would be a warning and if they do not want to listen, then they can be banned for a few days or more.
    What if they come back after a few days and continue said remarks?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
    I would find out what the player said that made the group of players offended and tell him to stop and if he doesn't want to comprehend then the play will be kicked or banned for a extended amount of time.
    What if nobody finds it offensive except you?

2.I would tell the player to stop and if they don't want to comprehend then they can be kicked or banned for a extended amount of time.
    You do know that an admin could just mute a person for the entire server. Telling each individual to mute them from the menu would be strenuous and almost unneeded wouldn't doing a server wide mute be more effective?

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
    I would report that admin to a higher authority if they do not want to comprehend.
    What do you mean "if they don't comprehend]

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
    I would talk to the player that is speed hacking about not using it and that it may be fun but its not fun for everyone else on the server. I do hack myself but not on tf2 because I believe that it would make the game less fun to play. I don't hack any games that I believe are fun, and that are multiplayer. I'm a hacker myself so I know what can be going through there minds when they do something like that.
    What the hell do you mean that you're a hacker? Do you have any VAC bans or other offenses? How do we know you haven't hacked? What would the so said "hackers" punishment be?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
    I would see if he thought that he was on one of the servers that have those rules, and if he knows he's not and he intends to ban the play for not following the made up rules then I would kick or ban the player for giving false rules that don't apply for are server's.
    What if many people participated in this. Would everyone who participated be banned. Is this reasonable?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
    I would just take it like a man, It's a game for people to be dominating other people. There would be no reason to get mad about it. I might even friend then, and try to learn there ways to keep me killed. Not many people can dominate me on tf2.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
    I would tell the whole server to mute them, and I would ban the player that is making rude comments about our servers.
    Again. You can easily do a server wide mute. Also, How long would the ban be for?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
    I would get to the bottom of the case, find out everything that corresponds to it. Tell them to stop and if he is really going to give then free godmode then he can be kicked or banned of a extend amount of time.
    What if they don't compligh with these requests? What if someone goes through with the trade and doesn't get free god mode? How long would they be banned for?

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
    I would tell them that you died, its a game and that there is no reason to get mad over you dying. I would tell them that tf2 is a game about dying, and if they can't comprehend that then they should delete the game and all of the games that involve dying. i would also tell them to grow some balls and suck it up.
    What do you mean? This seems hella harsh to tell one of our players, wouldn't you want to make our community seem friendly and NOT do something that could drive players away from servers?

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
    I am very excited and willing to become an admin. If you do not want me to become an admin I will just go in my way knowing that I would be best at that position because I play on at least one of your severs everyday. I love the people and I love the game play. If you think that I wont be a good admin or i'm not fit for it then I would be sad for a bit but then ill just go on my way, back to your servers and playing on them with all of my friends. Almost all of the friends I made from playing tf2 are from us playing on your servers.

Overall, this app is very messy. Not the worst one that I have read, however I would highly suggest revising it. Take my comments for account and fix it please.
    Go on then. You Pompous F***

Offline ManaMage

• Forum Visitor
      • View backpack
      • View SteamRep
      • View Steam Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 12:42:38 PM »
    oops I'm sorry I misunderstood Reactive, and Perceptive I thought they meant something bad. Sorry.
    I thought that being Proactive is better than being Reactive. I would say i'm a 8/10.
    I thought of that wrong definition when I was reading Perceptive. I would say i'm a good 10/10.

I promise I won't Hack, Yes you can trust me many people do. That's why i'm a Section Leader. I have received an Outstanding Student's award this year of 2015-2016.

Offline ManaMage

• Forum Visitor
      • View backpack
      • View SteamRep
      • View Steam Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 02:25:09 PM »
    Game Server Admin

Yes

3. Age:

Do you speak any other language than English? In other words, is English your primary language?
    I can also speak Japanese and also Spanish.

A. On the servers?

B. On the forums?

So... You're saying that you can't remember a time when you've lost control? Surely that can't be true, it doesn't have to be a time that was in-game, it could be anything you want. Even a time you got mad at your parents or something would work.
    I have got mad at my parents before but all i did was sit down with them and talk about it, that got me back into no being mad at them.

Only 1 weakness? Try to think of a few more...
    Well i'm also kind of lazy, but that's only when I get bored.

Why do you rank yourself so high in everything except for reactive and perceptive?
      I misunderstood the meanings look at my last post.

What if they come back after a few days and continue said remarks?
      I don't want the servers getting less active but I would make them leave and they can only come back if they agree to not make anymore racist comments.

What if nobody finds it offensive except you?
      That just reruns the question, I thought it wasn't offensive to me. If it was offensive to me then i'd just suck it up and keep playing.

You do know that an admin could just mute a person for the entire server. Telling each individual to mute them from the menu would be strenuous and almost unneeded wouldn't doing a server wide mute be more effective?
      I did not know that an admin could mute a person for the whole server but i would use that, It seams to be a more productive.

What do you mean "if they don't comprehend]
      I'f they don't understand that that's not the right thing to do.

What the hell do you mean that you're a hacker? Do you have any VAC bans or other offenses? How do we know you haven't hacked? What would the so said "hackers" punishment be?
      I have never been banned or anything. Like I said I don't hack games that i'm into. I would consider myself as a white hat hacker, doing right no harm to others. I'f you can not trust me now you will when you hire me. A hackers punishment would be a ban, and if they don't want to comprehend then the ban can get progressively longer.

What if many people participated in this. Would everyone who participated be banned. Is this reasonable?
      I'f its not an admin that is threatening to ban the other player, then I would just have the other player mute them.

Again. You can easily do a server wide mute. Also, How long would the ban be for?
      I did not know I could do a server wide mute, I would ban then for as long as they are making these rude comments. Then they can come back.

What if they don't compligh with these requests? What if someone goes through with the trade and doesn't get free god mode? How long would they be banned for?
      I'f they don't get free god mod then I would refund the victims trade with one of my items.

What do you mean? This seems hella harsh to tell one of our players, wouldn't you want to make our community seem friendly and NOT do something that could drive players away from servers?
      I am honestly sorry that wasn't me that typed that, It was my younger sister. My mom had called me and she got on my computer and typed that. I would tell then that its just a game and there is no reason to be raging over a game, just buy its again and play more agile with the situation, but I do agree with my sister it is a game around the physics of dying.

Overall, this app is very messy. Not the worst one that I have read, however I would highly suggest revising it. Take my comments for account and fix it please.
      I appreciate the time you took out into looking at my Application. This Is the second time I have applied for a job position.
      [/list]

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
      • Head Administrator
      • Forum Master
      • The Unholy King Of Death
        • View backpack
        • View SteamRep
        • View Steam Profile
      « Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 11:02:18 AM »
      Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 month have passed.

Application denied.