• May 09, 2024, 12:26:32 PM

Author Topic: TomTheTootMann - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4085 times)

Offline TomTheTootMann

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
TomTheTootMann - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 05, 2016, 11:26:55 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
EDT

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I used to be an admin on the Conquer of Worlds server or CoW for short. I have also been a mod in several different trade and raffle groups which I have now left for personal reasons.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like to have this position because I love this community and I would like to keep it great and friendly.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Whenever I am needed unless I am working or in my classes. I spend a lot of time in tf2 already and most of it has been on the servers.

B. On the forums?
I am not a big fan of using forums but I will if I need to. I do spend a lot more time in game though so forum activity may be low for me.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I would say a little over a month now. I remember joining one of the servers back towards the middle of 2015 and I've been off and on it a lot lately.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198064141521

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
If I ever do loose control of my emotions I can usually handle them very easily. I have not had that problem recently and I can not remember a time where I did so.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I think that I am a pretty fun, laid back guy but that can be both a strength and weakness. I have an easy time trying to reason with people because I am patient so I count that as a strength. I can get frustrated sometimes but I usually just shake it off so I can recover from anger easily.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would give them a verbal warning for the first time. The second time would be a mute from me. If they are unmuted and keep on making racial comments/ slurs I would kick or even ban depending on if the continue it after the kick.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would try to talk to both parties and try to work it out between the two. I would not just side with one person but I would be neutral in the situation and listen to both sides and try to reason with them.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I personally do not take kindly to micspam so I would at first give them a warning and if they do not comply to the warning then I would mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would immediately report it to a higher authority in the group.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ask if they have any evedince of any sort to prove that the guy was hacking. I would ask for steam account, steamrep page, and any other useful information. If I do find that the culprit is speed hacking then that would be an instant ban from me.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would report the situation to a higher authority or try to fix the problem myself by talking the the regular user.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will simply ignore them and continue to play the game. If they would like to waste their time from the game and hunt me down then it is their loss.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would try to talk to them and ask why they think that way instead of just instant banning them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the regular that what they are doing is scamming and that if they don't stop they will be banned for breaking the rules.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them that they took the risk in buying the Headless Horsemann perk and I would also bring up that another player used their credits to take them down so it was within a fair use.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I am feeling confident that I would be a great admin for the servers. I can be strict but also fun and I would take my job with every amount of seriousness I can pour into it. I love the servers and I love the community and I would love to keep the SwapShop servers friendly and happy.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: TomTheTootMann - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 11:56:37 PM »
Remember that you may go back and edit your application at any point while the application is active.

Quote from: Application Guidelines - Tips for Writing Your Application
Demonstrate proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

I suggest going over your whole application and seeing if there are any errors present.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:54:45 AM by BloodRain »
AFK like JFK

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 04:47:13 PM »
B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would try to talk to both parties and try to work it out between the two. I would not just side with one person but I would be neutral in the situation and listen to both sides and try to reason with them.

Let's say the offender is in the wrong. What would you do about it?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would report the situation to a higher authority or try to fix the problem myself by talking the the regular user.

In this situation, you're already an admin so you are the authority. What would you do since it'll be up to you?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would try to talk to them and ask why they think that way instead of just instant banning them.

What if they continued doing what they were doing prior to you talking to them?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the regular that what they are doing is scamming and that if they don't stop they will be banned for breaking the rules.

But if the person already went as far as doing this, wouldn't you think they are already aware of what they're doing? What would you do in that case then?
AFK like JFK

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 01:51:41 AM »
Because you did not reply to the questions asked within 3 days, your application has been suspended.

You have 7 days to reply before your application is denied for inactivity.
AFK like JFK

Offline TomTheTootMann

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 05:01:14 PM »
Sorry about the late reply, I have been busy the past couple days and I hope you can forgive me for the delay.

Let's say the offender is in the wrong. What would you do about it?

As to answer you questions if the offender was wrong and they did offend the group of players I would give them a warning and if they did it again I would ban them.

In this situation, you're already an admin so you are the authority. What would you do since it'll be up to you?

I would talk to the user that is threatening to ban and tell them that they do not have the authority to ban anyone and if they kept it up after the warning I would give them a temporary ban.

What if they continued doing what they were doing prior to you talking to them?

Instead of taking my anger out and banning them on the spot I would give them and myself some time to cool off. But if they continued to say the hateful comments and they started getting more offensive I would have to ban them, not out of anger but for breaking the rules.

But if the person already went as far as doing this, wouldn't you think they are already aware of what they're doing? What would you do in that case then?

I would ban them on the spot and sadly would not be able to help the user who got scammed. If the person trying to scam already ran off with the hat there is nothing else I could do other than ban them.

Once again, sorry for the late reply. I hope that these answer will suffice for you and I am looking forward to being an admin in the near future.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 05:58:35 PM »
Thank you for responding on your application.

Your application has been re-opened.
AFK like JFK

Offline JoeLife26

• Banned Member
  • Forum Member
  • Trolling FOr SHits Anf Giggles
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 09:00:14 PM »

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Whenever I am needed unless I am working or in my classes. I spend a lot of time in tf2 already and most of it has been on the servers.

B. On the forums?
I am not a big fan of using forums but I will if I need to. I do spend a lot more time in game though so forum activity may be low for me.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
If I ever do loose control of my emotions I can usually handle them very easily. I have not had that problem recently and I can not remember a time where I did so.

For Question 7:
A: Apparently, you don't know what this question is trying to ask you...So let me give you a better idea..This question is asking for how MUCH time you are willing to spend on TF2SS servers...Which means that Specific hours and what time of the day you are open to do your shift for...How you answered your this question doesn't tell the TF2SS staff anything really..

B: Same thing as A...You need specific hours...Just telling us that you are not on as much you are on the servers provides us with pointless and irrevealant information...

Question 11:
You're not answering this question correctly...The question is asking when you had a stressful or loss of emotions in your life...If you really think this haven't happened to you then obiviously you're not a human...As all humans have a stressful time in their life and there is no way to avoid its part of life...

I advised you revise your app...and answer the questions more formally and properly...

I'm not trying to bash you or offend you in anyway...I'm just giving advice before the TF2SS staff get on you for this mistakes...

Good Luck On Your App...Peace...
JoeLife26
This Soaring Eagle Just Kicked Your Ass Back To Russia!
ᕕ( ͠° _ ° )ᕗᕦ( ಠ ͟ʖ ಠ )ᕥ(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )⊃━☆゚.*(ง ಠ ᗝ ಠ )ง( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 02:14:11 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.
AFK like JFK