• May 11, 2024, 07:17:45 AM

Author Topic: Tk - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3947 times)

Offline Tk

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Tk - Game Server Admin Application
« on: March 05, 2016, 07:05:49 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
If people are following the rules or hurting other players, I have the right to vote on kicking or banning the player(s).

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goal in the community is to get rid of the spammers, hacks, bullying and people who breaks the rules on a server. I want to hold this position so I can make sure those who come onto the server follow the rules correctly.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Fridays to Sundays

On Fridays at 3:00 PM, I'm able to start playing

On Saturdays, I am able to play all day

On Sundays, I am able to play until 1:00 PM

If it's a holiday or a break from school, I'm able to play on those days.

B. On the forums?
Fridays to Sundays

On Fridays at 3:00 PM, I'm able to start playing

On Saturdays, I am able to play all day

On Sundays, I am able to play until 1:00 PM

If it's a holiday or a break from school, I'm able to play on those days.

(Same information from question 7A)

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Over 3 months

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198133588186

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
A time when I lost control of my emotions is when I was trying my very best to get rid of a spammer in one of your servers who wouldn't stop spamming with the bind. I had tried getting everyone on the server to kick or ban the user, but it didn't seem to work. When that had happened I gotten upset and angry.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strength is good communication with people/players, being reasonable, and being polite as I can with everyone.

My weakness is losing my emotions if something has happened to me in the server. Another weakness is if I get the wrong idea of something and make a mistake which I would want to fix to make everything better.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask the person to leave in a polite way or keep those comments to themselves. If they ignore those two options, I would have to ban them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Ask the player to keep those comments to themselves so a fight doesn't happen. If they don't follow to what I have to say, I would kick them.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I mute their mic or try encouraging the whole server or team to kick the player.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report them to other admins to see if they can deal with the problem.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Spectate the server to see if they are playing in there and see if it's weather true or not.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would get involved with what is happening and tell the player they won't get banned because the rules aren't true and probably kick the regular user for abusing the rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Ask them politely to stop, if they don't stop I would encourage others to help me ban or kick the group of people.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would not rage on the player, i would try my best to keep calm and ask them politely to keep the comments to themselves and go onto a different server if they don't like the server they are currently on.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Give them a warning by telling the player that scamming isn't allowed on the server or anywhere else and they shouldn't be doing it.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Tell the player that they would have to deal with what happened.

Offline Gerbil

• The Smallest, and Most Evil.
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • ᎣᏏᏲ ᏙᎯᏧ? ᎦᏙ ᏕᏣᏙᎠ?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Tk - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 10:24:42 PM »

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Spectate the server to see if they are playing in there and see if it's weather true or not.

And what if said user was hacking? What would you do?
"It will take a bit of effort.. A bit of sweat and perhaps.. A bit of blood." - Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens (1922)

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 06:37:32 AM »
This looks good, good luck :)

Offline Tk

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 06:42:15 AM »
"And what if said user was hacking? What would you do?"

If the hacker was in the server while I was in there, I would take an immediate action to ban them and prevent any further problems to the server.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 11:43:43 AM »
J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Tell the player that they would have to deal with what happened.
What if the player keeps complaining then?

Offline Tk

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 12:15:13 PM »
"What if the player keeps complaining then?"

Temporarily ban them for not listening to an admin that's currently on a server.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 10:53:27 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.