• May 11, 2024, 06:02:15 PM

Author Topic: The Suspect - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3599 times)

Offline The Suspect

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
The Suspect - Game Server Admin Application
« on: March 12, 2016, 06:39:02 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
US Pacific

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have expierence as an Administrator on multiple deathrun servers. Such as PandaTF and Glubbables. I have been a moderator on a Garry's Mod TTT Server and have plenty of expierence watching over a few game servers.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I have played on TF2SS servers for quite awhile. So. Because they're my favorite TF2 Server branch group, I thought I might apply to be an admin on some servers. I like the thought of being able to solve problems others may be having trouble with.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will be able to spend nearly all my time on TF2 on the TF2SS Servers when I am online.

B. On the forums?
I can hold the Forums page open at all times and check on a regular basis while playing TF2.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been on TF2SS Servers for maybe 7 or 8 months.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Ftajman

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
Just. During personal expierences out of TF2. Such as relationship breakups.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I consider one of my strengths to be how I can be very informative, and very commanding, but I always try to be nice in a way. Like gives people more than 1 chance to listen and not yelling.

My weakness if anything would be that I can sometimes be too nice to people.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would tell that person to stop yelling or saying racial slurs if they are offending people. If he did not comply I would put a mute and/or gag on the person.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Since multiple people found the remarks offensive I would politely ask the person that is offending others to stop making those comments due to the fact that others are offended.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If someone is micspamming I would ask that person to stop in both voice and text chat. If he failed to comply I would mute him for an extended time.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would warn that admin about what he is doing. If he does not stop I would report him and continue to try and get him to stop.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would most likely tell that person that he needs to chill, and give him a ban/kick for a extended amout of time.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will inform the player that is being threatended that those specific rules do not exist and that he should just ignore the player and let me handle it. I would then tell the other person that he making useless threats and he needs to stop. If he did not comply, he would be kicked or muted/gagged.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will simply leave the game and join another server or not do anything. They are not doing anything wrong. Just being pricks.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Because of his screaming on the mic and making harsh remarks repeatedly I would tell him to calm down and stop yelling. If he did not comply, he would be muted/gagged.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will warn players not to accept his trade, and kick the other player for attempted scam.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
"You bought that item in the shop so you could kill others. Don't complain when someone else buys something to kill you. All's fair in love and war."

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: The Suspect - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 07:02:21 PM »

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have expierence as an Administrator on multiple deathrun servers. Such as PandaTF and Glubbables. I have been a moderator on a Garry's Mod TTT Server and have plenty of expierence watching over a few game servers.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Since multiple people found the remarks offensive I would politely ask the person that is offending others to stop making those comments due to the fact that others are offended.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If someone is micspamming I would ask that person to stop in both voice and text chat. If he failed to comply I would mute him for an extended time.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would most likely tell that person that he needs to chill, and give him a ban/kick for a extended amout of time.

5.) Can you list links to these servers' groups?

B:) What would you do if they continued?

C:) What would you do if they continued after the mute?

E:) If someone is hacking, we will never tolorate that on our servers. If you ever see a hacker on them, you must ban them.

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 07:12:23 PM »
May you please answer question 11?
counter sally strike go

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 03:54:53 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

We also suggest that you answer all the replies our admins have made in order to ensure your application has no discrepancies.

Application denied.