• May 09, 2024, 01:50:46 AM

Author Topic: Commander Johnson - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4946 times)

Offline Commander Johnson

• Forum Visitor
  • Commander for life! Unless I get a promotion.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Commander Johnson - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 25, 2016, 02:50:55 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am an active member of multiple IRL things, including my local police program. i also have lots of experience with commanding/acting as "general" could say in game.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To help people enjoy servers, i have come across multiple accounts of people making the game unfun for people just wanting to play the game.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
from 3:15 PM- 10:00 PM on weekdays and anytime on weekends unless something comes up.

B. On the forums?
N/A

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
A very long time, I know almost everyone that comes on the server most cases

9. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Nope

10. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198135262702%2F

I Hope thats it.

11. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
N/A

12. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I havent had a case like that. most thing don't annoy me.

13. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I dont really have strengths / weaknesses. i am good with people though.

14. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 9

15. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Warn them that those actions will result in consequences, and if they dont stop i would mute them for a reasonable time.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
i would try to get both sides of the story and fugure out who is in the wrong.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warn them to stop, and if it continues call a vote to decide if the players wish for it continue or to stop

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Contact someone more experienced, i have never seen something like that.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Would asses the situation and see if they are just using one of the !shop commands

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell them that that impersonating an admin can result in consequences and tell them to stop immediately.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Fight back normally, why would i try to use my admin powers to weigh the fight in my favor?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Tell them that they can leave at any time, and possibly mute them depending on what they say.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
warn everyone that he is attempting to scam them, and deal with the player trying to scam people.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
So what? just buy another one. i would also lend them some credits.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Noclipping around spawning HHH and skeletons everywhere while killing everyone.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Sounds fun, i have always played on these servers and wished i could help maintain them! :D

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Commander Johnson - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 02:57:23 PM »
Why did you wrote n/a when it comes to time at forums?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 02:58:42 PM »
I wont spend time on the forums, i dont really like that type of thing. to restate: Not much time

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 03:15:40 PM »
I wont spend time on the forums, i dont really like that type of thing. to restate: Not much time

We measure activity by how long it's been since you've logged on to the site. I would suggest that if you were to be accepted, you sign on to the site every once in a while.

Inactive Staff members are restricted from using Admin commands until they notify the other Staff of their activity and sign on to the forums.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 03:18:44 PM »
I see, i dont really know how to navigate the forums well so i thought id stay away from them. i didnt know it was mandatory :P That being said ill try to learn the interface ASAP

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 04:53:16 PM »

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
A very long time, I know almost everyone that comes on the server most cases
Can you possibly give a rough estimate of how long this has been?

12. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I havent had a case like that. most thing don't annoy me.
Of course you have had a time when you have lost control of your emotions. It could literally be anything you want. It could be a time when a sibling made you get frustrated, it could be time when you got mad at your parents, it could be a time when a friend left you. In short, every one has a story/time like this. We aren't here to judge you if you open up, we wont judge you if its a very personal story.

13. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I dont really have strengths / weaknesses. i am good with people though.
You don't have any negative or positive traits about your personality? I've seen you play and talk with other people, you do have a personality that you could share.

14. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 9
Why do you mark yourself so high in everything except for Troubleshooter, Objective, and Reactive?

15. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Warn them that those actions will result in consequences, and if they dont stop i would mute them for a reasonable time.
Any idea of how long this mute would last?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
i would try to get both sides of the story and fugure out who is in the wrong.
This isn't really a "Right or Wrong" type of question. What do you do if someone is offended by something that another person said? Do you continue to let the other person offend another player? Or do you break it up and do something about it?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warn them to stop, and if it continues call a vote to decide if the players wish for it continue or to stop
What if the vote fails?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Would asses the situation and see if they are just using one of the !shop commands
How would you assess the situation? What would you do if they were actually hacking?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
warn everyone that he is attempting to scam them, and deal with the player trying to scam people.
What if someone gets scammed? What would the punishment be?

After going through and reading your application, I highly suggest you go through and do the following things:
  • Fix ALL grammatical and spelling errors
  • Take my suggestions for account and possible change/edit some of your answers.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:56:37 PM by Yee B Games »
Go on then. You Pompous F***

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 06:24:02 PM »
Probably from around the 600 Hour mark, hard to remember.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »
How do i quote a question? is there like instructions or something for this? i tried to quote something but all it did was show normal text and not the question.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 07:47:38 PM »
You can always refer to the questions without the need of quoting. However, you can quote a reply by clicking in the Quote part at the upper-right of every reply.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 09:44:07 AM »
I redact applying to be an admin, wrong time to try to sign up for an admin. maybe at a later date ill try again, but for now i dont have the time after looking at schedules and such.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 09:47:23 AM »
Application denied.
AFK like JFK