• May 02, 2024, 06:08:36 AM

Author Topic: Silent Assassin - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Silent Assassin

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Silent Assassin - Game Server Admin Application
« on: October 02, 2015, 07:39:27 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have monitored a couple of servers (not many, but still willing to learn) including garrys mod servers and tf2 servers such as a deathrun server, jailbreak, and of course a crit server.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I wish to hold this postion as I would like to admin your server(s) I want to help devolp your community and platforms and help this group succed in being one of the best servers out there.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I can spend 3-5 hours on the servers per day.

B. On the forums?
I can monitor the forums while I am in game so about 1-2 hours per day.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I belive I have been playing for more than a month maybe a month and a half ( P.S.Im bad at time so this is rough estimate)

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066424397/

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I do not own any

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I had lost control when a rouge admin started banning multiple members of the server luckily another admin had joined and took control

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strengths include but are not limited to: Not giving into peer preasure and not getting angry at players during the games/on the forums

Weaknesses could include being talkative in chat but I am still willing to learn

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 10

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask them to stop but if it continues a mute or gag may be needed if he/she still persists a longer mute/gag will be applied if it even still persists a kick will be applied if necessary.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
First I would apologize then ask if there was anything I could do for them ( Ex. Giving a wep or item).

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Ask if they could stop if it persists then mute/gag them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Tell them to stop if persists a immediate kick and or ban will be used.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Ask details then join the server myself and deal with the situation

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would first tell the regular to please let the admins and staff deal with the situation then talk to both of them about the situation.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
If I were to get semi-angry I would leave and wait for myself to cool down or I would ignore the dominations and continue playing the game.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Ask them kindly to stop then if the situation procseeds a gag/mute will be applied and a votekick for the server players to decide.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the trader to stop and I would warn the regular for attempted scam.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the headless horseman player I am sorry but it is somthing that is open to all players and that you can donate or wait for your points to recoop and buy it again.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Silent Assassin - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 08:15:00 PM »
9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066424397/
Could you please provide your SteamRep?

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have monitored a couple of servers (not many, but still willing to learn) including garrys mod servers and tf2 servers such as a deathrun server, jailbreak, and of course a crit server.
Could you please list those server links to the websites here? also explain along with why you aren't part of that staff anymore?

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
First I would apologize then ask if there was anything I could do for them ( Ex. Giving a wep or item).
You'd sure run out of items fast that way. Is there no other way you'd deal with the situation?

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Tell them to stop if persists a immediate kick and or ban will be used.
You would assess the situation like that on your own?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Ask details then join the server myself and deal with the situation
What would be "Deal with the situation?"

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Silent Assassin - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:24:20 PM »
Hello,

We thank you for taking an interest in applying to be a apart of our staff here at TF2SwapShop, however our guidelines say that you must respond to a staff members questions within three days time. Since you have not done this, your application is hereby denied.

Hades