• May 09, 2024, 02:37:58 PM

Author Topic: Jihadist Demoman - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Jihadist Demoman

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Jihadist Demoman - Game Server Admin Application
« on: February 13, 2016, 08:26:07 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Los Angeles

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was a forum admin in War thunder. I was also a forum admin on the Kerbal Space Program forum.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to make these servers a better place for everyone, new or experienced.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
About 4 hours a day

B. On the forums?
About 4 hours a day

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
about 4 months

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
My steam url id: 76561198148293710

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
None, really.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strength is that I tend to be highly active on steam, and that I am a fair person and I am also fluent in English and Russian. A weakness is that I am not too skilled in tf2.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 10

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would, first of all, politely ask them to stop making such comments, as it violates the forum/server rules, and may offend your fellow gamers. If, after this warning he continues to make such comments, then I will temporarily gag him. After that, depending on severity, if such actions are repeated I would have him chat banned.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
First of all this depends on the context, but I would probably say to the group of players that is the comments are not violating the rules/ not obviously insulting that there is nothing much I can do. On the other hand I will tell the player who said the offensive statements to not say them anymore.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would give them a clear warning, and then if violated again, then I would temporarily gag them. If they continue, then I would increase the time of the gag, as a last chance. A third time would lead to a very long/permanent gag.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report him to the other admins.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ask if they have any evidence of them speedhacking.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the regular user that since such a rule doesn't exist, he cannot ban that player.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Since they are doing nothing bad, I would not really do anything.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them that if they do not like the server, leave. After this warning if they continue to say so then I shall mute or ban them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would report them to the other tf2ss admins.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
There is nothing I can do about it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:28:01 PM by Jihadist Demoman »

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Jihadist Demoman - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 08:41:19 PM »
You need more details here...all the answers are very vague and missing some content as to how YOU alone would handle the situation.
counter sally strike go

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 09:44:34 PM »
I think you should look over this a few times, maybe add a little bit more details? Try to take your time with this, there's no rush.
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 09:49:01 PM »
Hello, I have some questions/comments about your application:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Los Angeles

Okay, so your time zone is: Pacific

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strength is that I tend to be highly active on steam, and that I am a fair person and I am also fluent in English and Russian. A weakness is that I am not too skilled in tf2.

Can you tell us a weakness that you have about you, personally? (Unrelated to tf2)

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
None, really.

Are you absolutely positive that in your 18 years of living, that you've never been under emotional stress? No matter how big or small the event was?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
First of all this depends on the context, but I would probably say to the group of players that is the comments are not violating the rules/ not obviously insulting that there is nothing much I can do. On the other hand I will tell the player who said the offensive statements to not say them anymore.

First, there's always something that you can do to solve a situation like this, you just have to use your creativity. Second, what if the players keep making offensive remarks even after you told them not to?

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
There is nothing I can do about it.

Are you sure there is nothing you can do?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 09:10:49 AM »
Little detail....Good luck man

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 10:25:37 AM »
5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was a forum admin in War thunder. I was also a forum admin on the Kerbal Space Program forum.
How did you manage to become forum admins on these two games when you don't either game?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ask if they have any evidence of them speedhacking
To whom are you asking and what would you do if the evidence proves the person is hacking?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the regular user that since such a rule doesn't exist, he cannot ban that player.
What if the player keeps trying to enforce the nonexistent rule and threatening to ban people if they do not comply with his / her rule?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would report them to the other tf2ss admins.
How would you handle this situation by yourself (without the assistance of other fellow admins)?

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 11:16:06 AM »
You have 1 ban on record and 3 communication bans on record.

Because you have a bad reputation in our servers, your application has been denied.

You may not reapply again.