• May 09, 2024, 04:50:02 PM

Author Topic: Uncle Demoman - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4122 times)

Offline Uncle Demoman

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Uncle Demoman - Game Server Admin Application
« on: March 04, 2016, 12:18:55 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
PST

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been the admin of a smaller server for a short time before it was shut down due to lack of funding.

In real life I am the vice president of a group I will keep anonymous but I have been with them for 3 years and I will most likely be president this coming year

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like this position to help look after the servers and make sure that no script kittys(hackers as you may know them as) off our servers and I would like to be able to help around

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
On the servers I can spend a good few hours I do move around a bit so I may go offline for a few days and will be back

B. On the forums?
I can most likely be always on the forums dependent on the timing

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing for about a week or so

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198047426244

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
I lost my emotions when I was accused of something I did not do. Due to the fact it was not truthful and quite insulting

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I am very to the point, I am logical and will hear both sides of an arguement, I am very patient and I am ready to take instruction or give it when needed

One of my weaknesses would be that I am a bit apatheic as of late but I am getting better at not being so

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would kindly ask the player to stop if he persists I would kick him if he joined back I would warn him to stop if he did not I would most likely ban him

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask the player to please retain from making such comments

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would mute them across the server to stop them from spamming

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report it to who ever my higher ups in this group

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I go onto said server find out whats going on and then ban if nesscary

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I warn the other user that those rules don't exist and give him a warning not to do it again

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would try to kill them but I would not care to much

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will warn him to stop and kick/ ban if he continues without stopping

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will tell the player he can't do that and I will issue a warning to him

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will tell the other player to please retain from killing him due to the fact it takes a lot of credits to get said powerup
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:23:33 AM by Uncle Demoman »

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Uncle Demoman - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 12:43:37 AM »

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I warn the other user that those rules don't exist and give him a warning not to do it again

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will tell the other player to please retain from killing him due to the fact it takes a lot of credits to get said powerup

What if all of the players in these scenarios continued to do all these things despite your warnings?
AFK like JFK

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 12:46:35 AM »

You need to play on our servers for at least a month to apply for Staff.

Blood

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 02:29:31 AM »

You need to play on our servers for at least a month to apply for Staff.

Blood
Yeah you have to play on the server for a month, its part of the rules. Could you maybe play a bit more??

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 06:24:20 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
PST

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been the admin of a smaller server for a short time before it was shut down due to lack of funding.

In real life I am the vice president of a group I will keep anonymous but I have been with them for 3 years and I will most likely be president this coming year

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like this position to help look after the servers and make sure that no script kittys(hackers as you may know them as) off our servers and I would like to be able to help around

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
On the servers I can spend a good few hours I do move around a bit so I may go offline for a few days and will be back

B. On the forums?
I can most likely be always on the forums dependent on the timing

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198047426244

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
I lost my emotions when I was accused of something I did not do. Due to the fact it was not truthful and quite insulting

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I am very to the point, I am logical and will hear both sides of an arguement, I am very patient and I am ready to take instruction or give it when needed

One of my weaknesses would be that I am a bit apatheic as of late but I am getting better at not being so

I would kindly ask the player to stop if he persists I would kick him if he joined back I would warn him to stop if he did not I would most likely ban him

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would mute them across the server to stop them from spamming

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report it to who ever my higher ups in this group

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would try to kill them but I would not care to much

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will warn him to stop and kick/ ban if he continues without stopping

Honestly I may sound like an ass or cruel by the time you finish reading this post. However, truth be truth and it hurts. That being said let's begin.

The first two things regarding your application that stood out were:
1. You claim to be 17 Years of Age.
2. Your sentence struture does not support your logical argument.

EX.

Poor sentence structure, misspelled words, and lack of detail.

Again poor sentence structure, misspelled words, and lack of detail.

I will say what just about any employer would if they saw this application. The numbers do not match what I am seeing so far from this application. Do not take this the wrong way. You are by no means an idiot or stupid. I know you can do better. Modify this application and correct the spelling,grammar, and lack of details in your responses. Criticism is hard but if you use it to improve yourself, you will achieve greatness. Now, show the staff what you got.

Please note: I am hard on grammar,sentence structure, and spelling because proper communication is key between you and players, and even other administrators.

Hades
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:26:16 AM by Hades »

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 06:27:54 AM »
All of these questions are answered with lack of detail and what you would to continue the action...i say spend more time on the servers and get to know some people...think about how you structure this better and then reapply.
counter sally strike go

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 02:16:55 PM »
You must have at least one month of playtime on our servers in order to apply for administration.

Application denied.

You may reapply once you have met our requirements.