• April 25, 2024, 12:04:00 PM

Author Topic: Knee Socks! - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5059 times)

Offline Cat Feets

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Knee Socks! - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 01, 2015, 05:04:27 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Mountain

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
2 administration roles on gmod servers
1 administration roles on a Minecraft servers
1 administration role on a TF2 server
Multiple jobs have been held in real life
Knows a decent amount of commands to source games
Is familiar with admin commands and admin menus

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I wish to make the jobs of other admins easier by being there to fill in for them when a report is made. I also wish to bring peace to the servers when needed and when a report isn't made just so it seems like one doesn't need to be filled out. I also intend to have fun with the community and get to know it better.

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
I hardly spend time on the forums when I have nothing to post, but when I do I post it and normally leave the forum page open so I can check it to see if people have replied to my post.

The servers I tend to spend plenty of time on (roughly 5-8 hours a day if needed) each day so I can help around and just have fun doing so.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
about 2-3 years

9. List a reputation thread here (if you have one, it may be simple as your steamrep url):
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheRealFoxlet

or

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097877601

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I have one alt account named Arisha that I haven't gone on in almost a year.

I do go by Fox, Foxlet, Foxy, and other variations of Fox.
I mainly go by Foxlet but I've been playing as Knee Socks! for a while now and I don't intend on changing my name for quite some time

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
A time in which I have lost control is when I was getting harassed in real life and on the internet and I had no escape from it at all.

The way in which I unwind is by going on the internet and going to different social media sites such as YouTube and every now and then FaceBook.

I do also play games on Steam to unwind because many of my friends tend to play on the Steam games aswell so I can just join them or ask them to join so I can have somebody I know to back me up when I need it.

12. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 7

13. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Mute them and give them a warning, depending if they were talking over the mic.

If they were talking through chat, I would gag them.

I would then tell them that I have gagged/muted them for the time being and will unmute/ungag them after 10 to 30 minutes.

If the same user continues to make racist remarks I will perma-gag/perma-mute them

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would ask the player(s) to try and not do it again since it did offend somebody

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would call a vote to allow the player to mic spam. If the vote has more "No" votes than "Yes" votes then I will ask them to stop and mute them if they persist. If the vote has more "Yes" votes than "No" votes I will allow them to mic spam but ask them to try and keep it clean

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Ask them if they have a reason as to why they are exploiting their powers, if they don't give a reason I will report it on the forums with a demo and I will make sure that Death knows about it.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join the server, asses the situation and see if they are speed hacking. If the suspect is speed hacking I will perma ban them and I will make sure to IP ban him depending on how bad it was.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will make sure that the player that is threatening the "rule breaker" will get punished and give them a temp ban after they understand that the rule that they were enforcing does not exist.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will go into god mode/friendly and deny them of the kills that they would get on me.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If the player calls me an asshole I will tell them that if they don't like me then they can just leave me alone or leave.

If the player says the server sucks I can just tell them to leave, and if they start advertising other servers I will ban them

If the player continuously threatens those that kill them I will simply mute them/gag them

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will take immediate action in banning him if I have any information on if he has already scammed somebody. If this player hasn't then I'll make sure that everybody understands that he can't give godmode since he is not an admin.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
I'll just tell them to get over it since they spent their credits and they were completely aware that people were going to kill him eventually anyways.

I could also tell him that there is a donation bot that will allow him to donate TF2 items for server credits.

Offline Tory Ravufuru

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Knee Socks! - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 05:31:03 PM »
We might have some problems if you become admin XD. I sometimes go by ★☼♥Foxy♥☼★  with another word in there. My last name was ★☼♥Foxy Sama♥☼★ . Note none of this is going to alter my vote <3

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 11:15:39 PM »

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will go into god mode/friendly and deny them of the kills that they would get on me.

So your saying you would break the rules just so a player cannot dominate you?

Offline Cat Feets

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 02:08:01 AM »
No, what I meant in that is simply going into godmode or friendly so they can't kill me. Doing so would allow me to deny them of the satisfaction of killing me and I would then wait for them to get bored of it and hope they will move on to killing others.

A player that is dominating me will have no effect on this, the only time that I will do this is when I notice that there are people that go in the other team just so they can kill me and me alone.

I understand that on mostly all servers it's not only frowned upon by staff and server owner alike, but also against the rules to kill while you have admin granted godmode. I hardly expect any less from these servers and I don't intend on finding out first hand if it is true of it is not true.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:17:49 AM by Knee Socks! »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 05:16:30 PM »
Using god mode because a player is dominating you and only is is lame. The fact that you would even consider doing that is pretty sad too.

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 05:28:39 PM »
I disagree. Lame? To each their own. But I always hear people saying that they would just leave the server. I've said the same. But obviously, more often than not, we don't leave the server. To go godmode/friendly (They are both the exact same thing, just one of them everyone has and one of them only admins have) is completely viable when you don't want to have to deal with a player that is singling you out. If I'm on a server and I am talking to the community and having/sharing a good time, I shouldn't be expected to just leave a server or just stick it out and ruin my own time just so that another can get all the kills they want on me. I am not here to be anyone's specific punching bag. I am here to make the servers enjoyable while also making sure the server isn't filled with crap. If that player just wants kills, I am not required to be one of those kills; plus if they are desperate for kills, they can just go on one of our idle servers and using the idle farm from shop. Godmode/friendly is sensible.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline henlo

• Forum Visitor
  • cringy child
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 05:47:07 PM »
I disagree. Lame? To each their own. But I always hear people saying that they would just leave the server. I've said the same. But obviously, more often than not, we don't leave the server. To go godmode/friendly (They are both the exact same thing, just one of them everyone has and one of them only admins have) is completely viable when you don't want to have to deal with a player that is singling you out. If I'm on a server and I am talking to the community and having/sharing a good time, I shouldn't be expected to just leave a server or just stick it out and ruin my own time just so that another can get all the kills they want on me. I am not here to be anyone's specific punching bag. I am here to make the servers enjoyable while also making sure the server isn't filled with crap. If that player just wants kills, I am not required to be one of those kills; plus if they are desperate for kills, they can just go on one of our idle servers and using the idle farm from shop. Godmode/friendly is sensible.
~16

I agree with sixteen.
bad tf2 player

Offline fennekin♂

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 09:27:35 PM »
Godmode/friendly do have the same effect but in friendly mode the player can't harm others anymore to keep it fair. God mode has the effects but the player with the affect can kill players and other players can not kill back.
Being an admin is hard cause there are things we have to grin and bear. If a player chooses to kill me and only me I would have many options to stop it without using my admin perks in fact I been in that situation many times.
There are things in life we can not help but we can still get through them no matter what.

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 07:15:27 PM »
I apologize for the long length of time towards informing you of your response. We are still discussing but we will be done soon. Thank you for your patience.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 09:34:18 PM »
L 06/09/2015 - 19:10:21: [lmaoban.smx] Detected client Knee Socks! <STEAM_0:1:68805936> for  LMAOBOX. (IP: 64.130.86.236)

What do you have to say?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:54:45 PM by Death™ »

Offline Cat Feets

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 10:21:58 PM »
In all honesty the lmaobox deal was to conduct a study on the legitimacy of players in TF2 public servers (Valve servers). I would start off casual and play like a normal person, but after 10-15 minutes I would then turn the hacks on (Spinbot/aimbot/no spread/bhop/chat spam) and see if people have caught on with what I was doing and in most of the servers, other players on my team would turn their hack clients on and start aimbotting, if they haven't already. In the last few servers I was on there were upwards of 4+ people on my team using lmaobox and this utterly scared me at the fact that there are this many people on TF2 that are willing to actually go out and use hacks for fun and not to use them to get to know the hackers and get to be in their shoes for a brief moment in time.

All this was done on an alt account named "Lol you" and not once was it ever thought to be used on my main account since I'm wanted to get into competitive gaming.

My whole outlook on lmaobox is that it's a tf2 hack that it not only corrupts gameplay but also corrupts the players that use it for a lengthy amount of time (YouTuber Max Box for instance) and this is another thing that utterly scares me is that people become corrupted by it and their overall skill becomes diminished.

EDIT**********

I have completely removed lmaobox from my system and the account that I have mentioned "Lol you" will be soon decommissioned

The alt account's Steamrep:
steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198200720162

EDIT**********

I also had a friend along with me at the time, if you wish to consult him about this you may.

His Steamrep:
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045791914
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:51:23 PM by Knee Socks! »

Offline Sins |Anti-Being|

• SSBL Owner/Chairman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Hello Darkness my own Friend...
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 11:05:29 AM »
I understand that some people want to test aimbot and see what's it like.

However...

The trust factor. Because you used aimbot I feel like you could install it again and use it (not saying you would, but the possibility is there.)
Just here me out. Aimbot is very much hated here, and I appreciate you trying to fix things, but it is gonna be hard for you to become admin now. I wish you luck however.

(And don't mind Death. He can be a bit over bearing, but don't take what he says personal, m'kay?  :P)
I am man who speaks in riddles, only to test your wits. My words may mean anything...

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 10:43:26 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2 SwapShop administration, however you do not satisfy our requirements for administration at this moment.

You may re-apply again in 6 months.

Application denied.

You have also been permanently banned from our servers for aimbotting. You may appeal your ban on our forums accordingly.