• April 29, 2024, 02:24:01 AM

Author Topic: Ogtubzik - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 10319 times)

Offline OgTubzik

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Ogtubzik - Game Server Admin Application
« on: March 11, 2016, 06:17:03 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Sat Mar 12 2016 09:52:21 GMT+1000 (E. Australia Standard Time)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I WAS a Moderator for a server called "J.A.C95501 Servers". He had difficulties running the server, so he had shut the server down.

I also have outside of Team Fortress 2 experience. I play a game called Minecraft, you should be familiar with it.

I am a Co Owner for Faze Zero [Minecraft Server] This server is not on the Top Minecraft Server lists, and I cant post the ip, because I promised the Owner that I wouldn't.

and I am also a Admin for a Minecraft server in development. Same reason applies to me showing the ip.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My current goals are to:

Give the community the ability to feel safe:

I want to make kids feel safe in our community, and not have to put up with the nonsense that goes around. This may be Bullies and Racist Members. I dont consider these two types of people, Members of our community.

Give the community the ability to have fun again:

I want to make the community feel like they can play the game without having to experience Hacks. The community should be a fun environment to players, That means Hacker free.

Give the community the ability to tell their friends about our servers:

I want players to come to our server and enjoy what things we give. I want players to leave and tell their friends about how amazing and kid friendly our server is.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Manly 5-8 hours. Time may be cut short dew to constant school and Sports. I also maybe on Minecraft sometimes checking out the other servers that I staff.

B. On the forums?
24/7. I basically stay on the forums. I like to roam on the forums. Check out old topics and post new ones. Same as the servers, time may be cut sort dew to the constant school and sport.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
4 months. I really do enjoy playing on your servers, and also hanging out in the group.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
| steamname: OgTubzik
|  steam3ID: [U:1:329217266]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:164608633
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198289482994
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MrTubzik
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198289482994

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
Yes as you may have known.

Nationn.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/O33Nationn/

Nationn was my first account. But soon fell victim to the False VAC Ban. I have a topic up explaining what had happen.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
There have been alot of times where I had lost control. But for the purpose of making this application short, Ill post one.

1: I was just hanging out on the server, when a hacker joined. (At the time, I had no Idea he was hacking). He joined then started to use Aimbot. This got me really hyped out, so I started to type furiously in the chat, striking rude comments at him. (This was not on your server, but a different one).

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Strengths:
I am very patient. I dont whine and cause a scene just because I did not get what I had wanted. I dont argue, I respect the players decision, unless he is breaking our community guidelines.

Weaknesses:
I fall victim to rage. If I get killed by a Player or Try-hard, I will lose my temper really quick. I have a way of fixing my temper, but sometimes it does not help.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
First of all, I would give him at least 3 warnings. If he/she does not comply, then I would consider a gag and mute. If he/she runs away from the punishment. Then a gag and a mute will turn into a 3 day ban. If he/she returns after the ban, and still makes racist remarks, he/she will receive a 10 day ban. If he/she returns again and still had not learned from last time, I will permanent ban. If he/she tries to make an appeal, it will most likely not go through considering the amount of evidence witnesses I have. 

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I will simply give a short reason on why I dont find this offensive. Then I would talk to the player privately about the situation and then tell he/she a solution to fix this problem. Problem solved. If he/she dose not comply then I will simply have to put a short gag and a mute on the player making the offensive remarks.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I will simply give them 3 warnings. If he/she does not comply, then I would simply place a Gag and a Mute on the player. If he/she leaves then rejoins and continuously mic spam, then I will place a 3 day ban considering mic spam is not enough to get a permanent ban. If he/she makes an appeal, It will most likely not go through considering its a short ban and also because I will have had alot of evidence and witnesses supporting my ban.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
First I would gain some evidence and witnesses of this admin abuse. Then I will post a admin report on the forums containing information about what had happen on the server. It is up to Flying Knife what happens next.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
First I will get some evidence and witnesses, then I will simply permanent ban the Hacker. If the hacker tries to make a ban appeal, It will most likely not go through, considering the amount of witnesses and evidence I have of him hacking. Hacking is not acceptable in any way, and even if he says he will stop, I still wont accept it. 

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will gain some evidence. Then I will privately message the regular member and immediately ask he/she why you are making fake rules and conditions. If he/she does not give a really good explanation on why he/she was making fake rules, then I will simply give him a 3 day ban. If he/she does give a splendid explanation, I will simply give him a warning and then we can all get back to what we were doing before. 

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Simply nothing. There is nothing wrong with killing players since this game is practically meant for killing players. If they keep on killing me over and over again, I will simply laugh it off and then go join  another server. Like I said there is nothing wrong with killing other players. If I dont leave the server, then I would stay in spawn.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will give him 3 warnings to stop. If he/she does not comply, then I will issue a Gag and a Mute. If he/she rejoins the server and continually screams profanity on the mic or in the chat, I will issue a 3 day ban. If he/she tries to make an appeal, It will most likely not go through considering the amount of witnesses and evidence I have. Please note that screaming profanity just because someone is killing you, is just plain stupid.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
First of all, there is not possible way to give away godmode, since you can only by it from the shop. I will simply assure everyone that you that player cannot give you free godmode. Then I will simply Gag and Mute the player. If he/she returns and continually offers free godmode for hats, I will issue a 3 day ban. If he/she tries to make an appeal, It will most likely not go through, considering the amount of evidence I have.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will simply say "This is a game where you kill people". If him/her still complains and starts to scream profanity at the player, I will simply give 3 warnings, if he/she does not comply, I will simply place a Gag and Mute on him/her. If he/she decides to rejoin the server, and continues the profanity, I will issue a 3 day ban. If he/she tries to make an appeal, It will most likely not go through considering it is a short ban.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:45:02 PM by OgTubzik »

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Ogtubzik - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 06:21:07 PM »
This is the alt.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 06:25:09 PM »

Nationn.

Nationn was my first account. But soon fell victim to the False VAC Ban. I have a topic up explaining what had happen.

Mind linking your alt.'s Steam Profile page?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 06:28:54 PM »

Nationn.

Sorry: http://steamcommunity.com/id/O33Nationn/

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 06:33:25 PM »

Nationn.

Thanks. Btw, you can place that in the application section by modifying it.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 06:34:31 PM »
Good luck!
AFK like JFK

Offline OgTubzik

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 06:43:10 PM »

Nationn.

Thanks. Btw, you can place that in the application section by modifying it.
Yeah I modified it, Thanks Ham

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 06:50:27 PM »
No problem.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 07:31:36 PM »
1: I was just hanging out on the server, when a hacker joined. (At the time, I had no Idea he was hacking). He joined then started to use Aimbot. This got me really hyped out, so I started to type furiously in the chat, striking rude comments at him.

So in the case of the idea that a player is better than you, and have a false assumption now of Aimbot. What would you do if the player was better than you in any case?

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 07:49:07 PM »
Why did you mark your age on the above link different from this application's age?

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 08:36:13 PM »
1: I was just hanging out on the server, when a hacker joined. (At the time, I had no Idea he was hacking). He joined then started to use Aimbot. This got me really hyped out, so I started to type furiously in the chat, striking rude comments at him.

So in the case of the idea that a player is better than you, and have a false assumption now of Aimbot. What would you do if the player was better than you in any case?
I would sincerely apologize to the player for mistakenly accusing him of aimbot. Then I would simply just calm myself.   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:22:38 AM by Nationn »

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 08:37:07 PM »
Why did you mark your age on the above link different from this application's age?
Oh I see, no, because I pressed the wrong year it was meant to be 1999 not 1989
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:40:44 PM by Nationn »

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:22:54 AM by Nationn »

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 08:43:34 PM »
Found it:

http://playspoondaggers.enjin.com/profile/4092872/info
Nope, they change it.

Who exactly changes your age for you? Don't you have the power to do that considering you co-own your servers?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯