• April 29, 2024, 04:49:26 AM

Author Topic: Gatebot Assault Grunt - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 8505 times)

Offline Gatebot Assault Grunt

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Gatebot Assault Grunt - Game Server Admin Application
« on: March 21, 2016, 08:49:33 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
15, going on 16

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Not really any at the moment.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
Adding to the amount of admin's available when a problem arises, and helping with people who might not understand something correctly, other.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Usually up to an hour, or 2 max a day, depending how situations go.

B. On the forums?
around 30 minutes max.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
around 9 or so months.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
| steamname: Gatebot Assault grunt
|  steam3ID: [U:1:240544470]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:120272235
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198200810198
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/burningtheskeleton
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198200810198

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
The original Gatebot

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
In school, being bullied for... what ever happened. Simply put, I lost my self.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Pros:
Understanding
(semi) Open minded
1280x1024 monitor size, but 1600x1200 resolution

Cons:
A little easy to anger (depends on what's happening)
might raise voice on situation
Loud mouth

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 6

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask them to stop, if declined to stop, give them one warning and a gag. once the gag is lifted and still say racist comments, they will be kicked. If they rejoin and continue to make racist comments, they will be temp banned for 30 minutes, or so.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Ask them to ignore the person as best as possible, focus on something else, or simply don't respond.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Mute them, give them a warning to stop. Once the mute is lifted and they resume, they will be kicked. If they rejoin and continue to do so, they will be temp banned for 30 minutes (or what ever goes on at that point)

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report them to the other admins/server owner. Not sure if I'd be able to do much against another admin...

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Join spectator and inspect the player doing so. If the player is speed hacking, they will be banned off.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will redirect the user to the rules, and tell them not to impersonate an admin. If we continue to get reports of said person impersonating, they will be temp banned or banned. (Which ever seems more reasonable to everyone)

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I guess I'd just stop. This game isn't as impacting as it was before.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would mute their mic, and tell them that it is their opinion, but at least keep their opinion to themselves. And stop being a sore loser.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn any players that it is a scam, warn the scammer/kick the scammer to stop what he is doing. And if he rejoins and continues to do it, temp ban them. Seriously, free godmode on a server for a HAT?... that sounds nice, until you figure out that godmode only lasts 30 seconds...

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That it's the shop, and what's there is there. What players can purchase is up to them, and complaining about something that's been placed there cannot really be altered/changed.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Gatebot Assault Grunt - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 09:23:29 AM »
Mind linking your alternate's Steam Profile page?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Minion of Set

• The Intimidating One
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 09:32:12 AM »
No offense Gatebot, but posting your computer specs isn't a real pro.  ;D
However, I believe B and E could be more fleshed out for clarification. Like say, how would you go about the situation in E? And for B, I don't think asking the person to just ignore them is enough.
Words of Wisdom: Never piss off an engineer, because he will get your balls, no matter what you do

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 09:41:09 AM »
Redoing situation E:
Join spectator to see who's been determined to be speed hacking. I'll watch for a bit and see the speed is completely constant or stops after a certain amount of time. If it's constant, then they'll be kicked off. If they rejoin and continue, they'll be temp banned/banned. (I suppose)

Redoing situation B:
If the person is being offensive (and I don't take it offensive myself), the offended people can ask the offender to stop. If the offender doesn't stop, they'll be gagged. If they continue after being ungagged, they will be kicked. and so fourth.

Redoing situation G:
If a group of players begin to target me only, I'll ask them to stop (30% of the time, I'd ask). If they do continue to attack me, I'll sit in spawn for a bit, 4 or so minutes. Then I'll go back outside to see if they continue. If they do continue, I'll probably go spy, or spectator, or simply get off. (or join a different server through the browser, not the !servers)

PS: I was a little tired when I made the original application, so somethings might be off. might. and the screen resolution is just in there :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:54:27 AM by Gatebot Assault grunt »

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 10:21:55 AM »
For number 11, how did you feel during this time period?
What were the ways your expressed yourself on how you felt? 
counter sally strike go

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 10:26:20 AM »
G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?

What do you mean by that?
AFK like JFK

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 10:36:30 AM »

That the game used to have a bigger impact on me, that if I was to lose, I'd be more likely to complain. It doesn't really go like that with me anymore.
Now I'd simply and slowly give up without a fight, trying different tactics to win. If all fails, then, why continue if you can't win?

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 10:39:27 AM »
/burningskeleton
If it's private, tell me. It's been months since I last touched it.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 11:14:13 AM »
/burningskeleton

There are several results with the same name. If you know that account's login information, log in and copy the profile page of that account.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 11:48:15 AM »

That the game used to have a bigger impact on me, that if I was to lose, I'd be more likely to complain. It doesn't really go like that with me anymore.
Now I'd simply and slowly give up without a fight, trying different tactics to win. If all fails, then, why continue if you can't win?

Thank you for the response.
AFK like JFK

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 11:49:46 AM »
/burningskeleton

There are several results with the same name. If you know that account's login information, log in and copy the profile page of that account.

Right here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/burningskeleton/
AFK like JFK

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 03:41:55 PM »
When is your birthday? Year not required, just month and day.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 03:49:41 PM »
/burningskeleton

Why does this account have a VAC ban?

Logical: 8
Patient: 7
Reactive: 9
Creative: 10
Polite: 7
Reasonable: 8
Objective: 8
Perceptive: 7
Compassionate: 5
Troubleshooter: 6
Why rate Creative 10 and why rate Compassionate 5?

Redoing situation B:
If the person is being offensive (and I don't take it offensive myself), the offended people can ask the offender to stop. If the offender doesn't stop, they'll be gagged. If they continue after being ungagged, they will be kicked. and so fourth.
What if the offended people start verbally taunting the initial offender after the offender has been gagged?

Redoing situation E:
Join spectator to see who's been determined to be speed hacking. I'll watch for a bit and see the speed is completely constant or stops after a certain amount of time. If it's constant, then they'll be kicked off. If they rejoin and continue, they'll be temp banned/banned. (I suppose)
What determines whether the player receives a temporary ban or a permanent ban upon rejoining?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will redirect the user to the rules, and tell them not to impersonate an admin. If we continue to get reports of said person impersonating, they will be temp banned or banned. (Which ever seems more reasonable to everyone)
What do you mean by "reasonable to everyone?" Who is "everyone" and why do you want to include their influence in your decision?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would mute their mic, and tell them that it is their opinion, but at least keep their opinion to themselves. And stop being a sore loser.
Why do you decide to not warn the player in this instance?

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That it's the shop, and what's there is there. What players can purchase is up to them, and complaining about something that's been placed there cannot really be altered/changed.
What if the player continues to complain?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:56:56 PM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 04:35:03 PM »
/burningskeleton

Why does this account have a VAC ban?

My answer:
I was getting tired of TF2, and I was kinda starting to dip into depression. So I thought "Why not, I'm not gonna regret it." and I did regret it. I had cheat engine installed on my computer, was laying dormat, and decided to use it. The next day, my account was VAC banned from TF2. And I took a huge facepalm to the face when I realized what caused it. After that day, I learned from my mistake, it doesn't change the stupid decision I made, and I wish that I never did it. But I learned from what I've done. And I'll never be doing that again, ever. Or simply just do it for single player games only. Not much punishment for doing it on those games.

Logical: 8
Patient: 7
Reactive: 9
Creative: 10
Polite: 7
Reasonable: 8
Objective: 8
Perceptive: 7
Compassionate: 5
Troubleshooter: 6
Why rate Creative 10 and why rate Compassionate 5?

My answer:
Mainly because I'm an artist and animator on Youtube as creative.
And for compassionate? It kinda differs on the situation, but most of the time, im in between being full blown hostile, and completely nice.

Redoing situation B:
What if the offended people start verbally taunting the initial offender after the offender has been gagged?

My answer:
I would warn the people who start taunting the offender that they too shall be gagged for repeating the situation that the offender was causing. If they continue, they'll be gagged as well.

Redoing situation E:
What determines whether the player receives a temporary ban or a permanent ban upon rejoining?

What do you mean by "reasonable to everyone?" Who is "everyone" and why do you want to include their influence in your decision?

My Answer:
By "everyone", I mean fellow admins, who may have more experience on this then I do, but most of the time, impersonating an admin would result in a temp ban/ban.

Why do you decide to not warn the player in this instance?

My answer:
That them complaining and insulting isn't exactly something to ban or kick them (or probably kick them about if they continue after the mute is off).

What if the player continues to complain?

My answer:
That they should probably join another server or wait for the person who slayed them to leave. kicking the person who slayed them won't make things any better, just worse.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »
When is your birthday? Year not required, just month and day.

7/14.