• April 29, 2024, 02:22:32 AM

Author Topic: Gatebot Assault Grunt - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 8504 times)

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Gatebot Assault Grunt - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 05:20:21 PM »
You didn't answer my rebuttal to E.

Offline Gatebot Assault Grunt

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 05:26:14 PM »
Redoing situation E:
Join spectator to see who's been determined to be speed hacking. I'll watch for a bit and see the speed is completely constant or stops after a certain amount of time. If it's constant, then they'll be kicked off. If they rejoin and continue, they'll be temp banned/banned. (I suppose)
What determines whether the player receives a temporary ban or a permanent ban upon rejoining?

My answer: (sorry, I went over the whole thing, and somehow this slipped by... anyways)
Hacking non-the-less is intolerable. (I stated in a reply how I was tired when I made the original application). punishing someone for purchasing speed from the shop is something that isn't really kickable/other. But if it was legit speed hacking, then yes. A ban would be needed.

Offline Chrid

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 05:44:57 PM »
My answer:
Mainly because I'm an artist and animator on Youtube as creative.
And for compassionate? It kinda differs on the situation, but most of the time, im in between being full blown hostile, and completely nice.
Just outta curiosity, mind linking us to your Youtube channel? 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:47:01 PM by Chrid »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 06:13:46 PM »
Redoing situation E:
Join spectator to see who's been determined to be speed hacking. I'll watch for a bit and see the speed is completely constant or stops after a certain amount of time. If it's constant, then they'll be kicked off. If they rejoin and continue, they'll be temp banned/banned. (I suppose)
What determines whether the player receives a temporary ban or a permanent ban upon rejoining?

My answer: (sorry, I went over the whole thing, and somehow this slipped by... anyways)
Hacking non-the-less is intolerable. (I stated in a reply how I was tired when I made the original application). punishing someone for purchasing speed from the shop is something that isn't really kickable/other. But if it was legit speed hacking, then yes. A ban would be needed.
I'm asking as to why you want to permanent ban sometimes and you want to temporary ban sometimes. Your original response says you would do either, but what makes you determine which one to do?

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 06:20:42 PM »
My answer:
Mainly because I'm an artist and animator on Youtube as creative.
And for compassionate? It kinda differs on the situation, but most of the time, im in between being full blown hostile, and completely nice.
Just outta curiosity, mind linking us to your Youtube channel?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCluZe67XAcDaZEab4DFpeyw
There you go.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 06:22:23 PM »
Redoing situation E:

I'm asking as to why you want to permanent ban sometimes and you want to temporary ban sometimes. Your original response says you would do either, but what makes you determine which one to do?

I'd temp ban them if they stop speed hacking, and apologize. (seems reasonable in my book). And if they were to come back later with speed hacking again, then a perma-ban would come into play. If they were simply speed hacking, and completely ignore the admin, then a perma-ban would be placed.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 01:01:53 PM »
Okay, thanks for the response.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2016, 01:04:24 PM »
Unfortunately, our requirements list you must have 500 playtime hours and no previous VAC bans...

Under these circumstances we simply cannot accept you.

Application denied.