• April 29, 2024, 03:03:14 AM

Author Topic: TinyTurtle - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 8308 times)

Offline TinyTurtle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
TinyTurtle - Game Server Admin Application
« on: May 03, 2016, 05:30:08 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
16 turn 17 in June

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've never been an admin, however I have donated to a server and gained certain traits.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this position for mainly 1 reason. I play on these servers almost every day, and recently I have seen many people that I know are violating the rules of the servers, but i cant do anything to stop them. I feel its my responsibility to stop them and keep the local players (like me) having fun.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I play on these servers whenever i play TF2. I play on these servers and another server (Railbait) 99% of the time. Between the 2 I spend about 12 hours on TF2SS servers and another 12 on RailBait.

B. On the forums?
If I am selected as Administrator I will try to be on the forums every day. Range of time would be about 10 min to 1 hr a day. Again I might not be able to be on every day.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
For at least 8 or 9 months.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198107671625

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I don't have any other accounts.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I have a little brother, he is super nice but some times I just get annoyed with him. Either he says something or I'm just in a bad mood. Sometimes I do certain things I wish I wouldn't do when I'm filled with anger. But recently I feel I have learned to just accept things and just calm down.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I feel that when I want to I can get a crowds attention. I also feel that when a person is doing something against the rules I can reason with them. Some of my weaknesses could be that maybe some people will just disregard my say and keep doing what they were doing.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would polity ask them to stop, if they keep going I would mute or kick them depending on the situation. If they keep going after the mute or kick I would ban them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the person making the comments to please stop. If they kept going I would notify them that I was banning them and tell them the reason, the, i would ban them for a period of time.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask them to stop, if they don't stop I will mute them for a period of time depending on the situation. If they continue after the mute i would ban them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
First i would tell them that they are exploiting there powers and get them to stop if they didn't know they were exploiting them. If they were doing it on purpose I would go to the forums and post a report on them.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would investigate the persons name and see if they have any bans. From this info and other info I would do what I feel is necessary.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would inform the regular that its great that he knows the rules but its not his play to speak. I would tell them if anyone like this does break the rules, to get an admin to deal with the problem. Than I would investigate and kick/mute the criminal if needed.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would ask them to stop, than I would inform them the rules and go in friendly mode, if they keep doing this but to different people I might kick them.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them to calm down and inform the of the rules. If they keep going I would mute or ban depending on the situation.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would kick for scam, if they comes back I would ban him.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the player that I am sorry but that's how the game is. If the slayer was picking on them before I might kick or ban them.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I am really excited to see the result of my application i feel that this will help me further in life with other things related. Thank every one for reading my form.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: TinyTurtle - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 05:47:25 PM »
Do you speak any other languages besides English?

Offline TinyTurtle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 05:49:43 PM »
I speak fluent English and a little Spanish. Thanks for replying.

Offline Mixxylicious

• THAT person again
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • oh why hello there ;3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 10:28:12 PM »

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would ask them to stop, than I would inform them the rules and go in friendly mode, if they keep doing this but to different people I might kick them.

This is just people being asses, but honestly you have no right to kick them because they are just playing the game, there is no rules against killing friendlies or killing afkers or anything related to that, UNLESS they start calling you names

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the player that I am sorry but that's how the game is. If the slayer was picking on them before I might kick or ban them.

Again, they bought it from the SHOP so they have every right to kill whom ever they choose, unless they start calling people names then you can start warning them, but if they just kill people over and over and killing friendlies, its not against the rules.
Pstt... don't forget to HAVE FUN <3

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 11:06:45 PM »
E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would investigate the persons name and see if they have any bans. From this info and other info I would do what I feel is necessary.

Please elaborate as to what you believe is "necessary" when dealing with a hacker.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline TinyTurtle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 04:17:52 AM »
I would find out if they were hacking or not. If they were I would ban them from our servers. Thank you Biscuit.

Offline TinyTurtle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 04:23:01 AM »
Thank you Mixxy, I see now that was a little extreme. I looked at the rules and I thought it said that targeting wasn't aloud, but now that I look back at them I see that its aloud. Thank you.

Offline Chrid

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 09:34:02 PM »
Can you please fill out a step by step process of what you are going to do?

Note, that we do not offer friendly mode at this point. The only way of not being killed is by going into godmode and that would be consiered abuse.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:37:57 PM by Chrid »

Offline TinyTurtle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 04:16:11 AM »
Thank you Chris. First I would message everyone on the server when it happened, and get there story. After I have enough story's that match up, I would then ban the player using the hacks permanently. I would also post about it on the forums.

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 10:21:24 AM »
Keep in mind you should not try to reason with a hacker...they break the rules so if you see they are hacking and have asset the situation well enough to know   they are hacking..then ban them and get it over with.
counter sally strike go

Offline TinyTurtle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 01:24:27 PM »
Noted. Thanks Strum.

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 05:43:53 AM »
•Logical: 8
•Patient: 9
•Reactive: 8
•Creative: 9
•Polite: 10
•Reasonable: 10
•Objective: 8
•Perceptive: 8
•Compassionate: 10
•Troubleshooter: 9

If you don't mind me asking, why do you rate yourself so highly in every single category? Specifically the ones marked in green.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline TinyTurtle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 01:18:52 PM »
Thank you Biscuit. I feel that I am a very creative and polite, for a couple reasons. 1 being the way I was raised, and am being raised.  My parents always expected the maximum from me and nothing less. I was in many extra curricular classes and still am. For example I have always been a big fan of the arts and in almost every grade, chosen music or art as electives. Now I have the ability to play several music instruments and a decent drawing ability. I also feel I'm am very patient and reasonable. I am a very understanding person. I try to always make a person feel better when there down in the dumps so to say. Now that I look back at my ratings I realize that some are a little to high.

By the way i don't mind being asked questions, I'm always happy to respond.

Offline Chrid

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 12:57:48 PM »
Thank you Chris. First I would message everyone on the server when it happened, and get there story. After I have enough story's that match up, I would then ban the player using the hacks permanently. I would also post about it on the forums.
Noted. Thanks Strum.
Thank you Biscuit. I feel that I am a very creative and polite, for a couple reasons. 1 being the way I was raised, and am being raised.  My parents always expected the maximum from me and nothing less. I was in many extra curricular classes and still am. For example I have always been a big fan of the arts and in almost every grade, chosen music or art as electives. Now I have the ability to play several music instruments and a decent drawing ability. I also feel I'm am very patient and reasonable. I am a very understanding person. I try to always make a person feel better when there down in the dumps so to say. Now that I look back at my ratings I realize that some are a little to high.

By the way i don't mind being asked questions, I'm always happy to respond.
Thank you Mixxy, I see now that was a little extreme. I looked at the rules and I thought it said that targeting wasn't aloud, but now that I look back at them I see that its aloud. Thank you.
I would find out if they were hacking or not. If they were I would ban them from our servers. Thank you Biscuit.
I speak fluent English and a little Spanish. Thanks for replying.
Just Curious...
Why do you feel the need to thank each and every one of us?

Offline TinyTurtle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 01:47:59 PM »
Because you took time out of you day to respond to my application.