• April 29, 2024, 03:25:56 AM

Author Topic: TinyTurtle - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 8310 times)

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: TinyTurtle - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 02:20:05 PM »
Because you took time out of you day to respond to my application.

You are indeed very polite, sir. I like that quality in a person.
AFK like JFK

Offline TinyTurtle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 02:49:00 PM »
Thank you Psykotik.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 11:03:59 AM »
C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask them to stop, if they don't stop I will mute them for a period of time depending on the situation. If they continue after the mute i would ban them.
What do you mean by "period of time depending on the situation?" What determines that length of time?

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
First i would tell them that they are exploiting there powers and get them to stop if they didn't know they were exploiting them. If they were doing it on purpose I would go to the forums and post a report on them.
What if the admin didn't know he / she was abusing and the admin says he / she won't abuse again?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would investigate the persons name and see if they have any bans. From this info and other info I would do what I feel is necessary.
What is this "other info" that you are referring to? Your reply simply said "I would find out if they were hacking or not," but that is too vague.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would inform the regular that its great that he knows the rules but its not his play to speak. I would tell them if anyone like this does break the rules, to get an admin to deal with the problem. Than I would investigate and kick/mute the criminal if needed.
You're not interpreting the question correctly: the question is prompting that there is a player implicitly impersonating an admin by making up nonexistent rules and saying he / she will ban other players if the fake rules are not followed. What will you do about it?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them to calm down and inform the of the rules. If they keep going I would mute or ban depending on the situation.
What rules are you referring to that would apply in this situation? And what would determine a mute or a ban, as you said, in this situation?

Please correct these.

Offline TinyTurtle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 01:12:43 PM »
By "Depending on the situation" I mean what the person is saying. If they were saying things that could be taken offensive by certain people I would mute them longer than those who were just spamming

If the admin says that they wont do it again, I will give them a warning but than immediately go to the forums and post an article about them abusing there powers, from there I would turn it over the the higher level admins.

I would see who was on the servers at the time and ask them all for there side of the story. From this evidence I would either ban the person from all of our servers or inform the rest of the staff that the person want hacking and that i took care of it.

First I would tell the players on the server that such rules are fake and to not follow them. Than I would give this player a warning that he/she should not be impersonating admins and creating rules that aren't even real. If they continue I would ban for impersonating admins.

The rules I was informing is no name calling, mic spamming and other rules similar to those. Now that i re-read this response I see now that I wouldn't mute or ban them, I would kick them for  1-4 hours. If they come back and do it again I would ban them.

Thank you Knife for responding to application and helping me approve it.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 05:02:53 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

Since your application was very close to being accepted, you may re-apply again after only 1 month has passed.

Application denied.