• April 29, 2024, 09:06:11 AM

Author Topic: InTemal Screaming - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 8236 times)

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
InTemal Screaming - Game Server Admin Application
« on: May 19, 2016, 10:56:54 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
PDT

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was shift manager at a Goodwill for two years. In my time in high school, all four years, I directed my school as Vice President of Student Council. Adding onto these, I GM and host DnD every week (4 years to this day).

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
While I am on, I actually do not run into a lot of admins. I feel as if people are getting away with breaking all these rules. It's unfair to myself and the community that there aren't enough expendable admins. I wish to become just that.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I work from my home, currently. So I am available anytime I'm not asleep, which is from 6 a.m. to 12 a.m. I'm free almost all the time.

B. On the forums?
The same applies as above. I can spend my off time on forums, on time on servers.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I started about 2 months ago. I generally try to visit a server every day at least once. I really like most of the community, save the tryhards and general trolls.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045428601

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I was a medic in a casual comp team. I was being barked at by our flanks and demo. I literally lost it, got up from my desk and ate a banana. I came back with a leveled head, and another banana.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I am very literate. I take my time on projects. When it comes to issues, I get everyone's opinion. I'm normally a people's person. I get a long with a lot of people.

I suffer from mental limitations such as anxiety and depression. Things such as people always disliking me are a constant problem, but not a limiting one. I generally say sorry a lot, if I feel I wronged someone. Also, it's hard to tell when I'm joking and being serious at times, which creates a lot of tension for people around me.

A major weakness of mine is my muteness. It will be hard to attract the attention very quickly without a bind for server wide notifications.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask them nicely to stop making racial slurs. If they persist, I will let an administrator know that I am actively muting someone for making said slurs after I asked them not to. Muting applies to the minimum time of muting demanded of TFSS guidelines

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I ask them what about it makes it offensive, to be sure they are not just making a chicken from a feather. If it is genuinely upsetting them, I will follow the racism/discrimination guidelines as fit.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Use the server messaging system to, easily, display my request to stop. They do not follow it, I will mute them for the minimum time required.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will log it, record the evidence, and ask of my superiors to check the server logs. I will present my report and evidence before asking said superiors.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Following the general reporting rules, but in reverse clockwork. I will follow up that within a fortnight. If I see the hacking for myself, and it's not a shop based ability, I will kick and/or ban as seen fit.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will thoroughly inform both parties what the rules *do* say. If it turns into spam in chat, muting takes place after a warning.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will stay in my spawn, or be a fair sport and still fight back. If I do not do well, and lose, I will congratulate them for being good players.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will ask them to stop the spamming and vulgarity. If said person is being focused, and starts calling names, I will ask the person focusing them to lay off. If the victim, so to speak, abuses my request of the attacker and continues to do so with other players it will become apart of spam rules.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
It will be *publicly* announced that they are trying to scam people out of their items. Any resistance in terms of verbal assault occurs, that becomes an insulting issue.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That the HHH power up is from the shop, and so is slay. If they wish to use a shop power to kill someone, other people may do it as well.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I am very glad you are thorough with who you choose for the positions. It's very pleasing to know the staff cares about how the community is treated, and I still wish to be apart of TFSS
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: InTemal Screaming - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 12:57:06 AM »

First time in a long time I am taken aback by this application and the applicant. Not in a bad way, but in a good way. I fully support this application. I do see trouble down the road but I doubt anything serious.

Hades

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 01:00:13 AM »
Are you able to get a mic if you were considered?

(Never mind this one.)

Also...

Do you speak any language(s) other than English?

Blood
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:03:02 AM by BloodRain »

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 01:12:29 AM »
Are you able to get a mic if you were considered?

(Never mind this one.)

Also...

Do you speak any language(s) other than English?

Blood

Yes. My birth language is German. I also have quick translation skills with my phone, and little knowledge of Spanish.
<!--
//-->
</script>

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 03:15:59 AM »
Not bad.. I see great potential in you.

Good luck!
AFK like JFK

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 06:29:16 AM »
I absolutely find this to be a great application, and hope to see things go well for this applicant. One of the rare ones, that are actually pretty good and well thought out. Good luck~!
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Legnarius

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 08:09:15 AM »
Good luck to you and your application, hope you get to be administrator. P.S. good job at eating that banana it must've been scruptious.

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 08:42:18 AM »
I too wish you well on becoming an admin.
I haven't really known you all that long, but you seem like a pretty chill dude who do a good job at being admin.
Go on then. You Pompous F***

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 09:45:09 AM »
I too wish you well on becoming an admin.
I haven't really known you all that long, but you seem like a pretty chill dude who do a good job at being admin.
Yee, that's a female.. :c
Dudette* I fixed for you~
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 10:16:33 AM »
Im all for this application gl!!   8)
counter sally strike go

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 10:31:14 AM »
E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Following the general reporting rules, but in reverse clockwork. I will follow up that within a fortnight. If I see the hacking for myself, and it's not a shop based ability, I will kick and/or ban as seen fit. 
For hackers really you should just ban the person, kicking would potentially just allow them to rejoin the server and do it again.

Ask them nicely to stop making racial slurs. If they persist, I will let an administrator know that I am actively muting someone for making said slurs after I asked them not to. Muting applies to the minimum time of muting demanded of TFSS guidelines

You can probably just mute the person and not even tell another admin...if you feel the mute was for a decent cause you should be ok.
counter sally strike go

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 10:33:35 AM »
For hackers really you should just ban the person, kicking would potentially just allow them to rejoin the server and do it again.

You can probably just mute the person and not even tell another admin...if you feel the mute was for a decent cause you should be ok.

Ah. Alright. I just like to be thorough and make sure nothing causes trouble with the mute and what not. Also yeah, the ban seems to make more sense than just kicking. Thank you for clearing that up for me.
<!--
//-->
</script>

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 10:58:54 AM »
How come you are unable to use a microphone?

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 11:07:22 AM »
How come you are unable to use a microphone?

I'm a mute, and it's not selective.
<!--
//-->
</script>

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death