• April 29, 2024, 07:46:46 AM

Author Topic: InTemal Screaming - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 8235 times)

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: InTemal Screaming - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 11:11:19 AM »
I'm a mute, and it's not selective.
Alright.

If it is an issue, I understand if it ruins my application alone.
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 11:15:06 AM »
If it is an issue, I understand if it ruins my application alone.
Access to a microphone is a requirement however that requirement can be flexible given that the application is good. Don't worry about it.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 11:25:31 AM »
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask them nicely to stop making racial slurs. If they persist, I will let an administrator know that I am actively muting someone for making said slurs after I asked them not to. Muting applies to the minimum time of muting demanded of TFSS guidelines

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I ask them what about it makes it offensive, to be sure they are not just making a chicken from a feather. If it is genuinely upsetting them, I will follow the racism/discrimination guidelines as fit.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Use the server messaging system to, easily, display my request to stop. They do not follow it, I will mute them for the minimum time required.
Assuming there are no guidelines to determine how long a punishment should last, what would YOU make the duration of the punishment be?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Following the general reporting rules, but in reverse clockwork. I will follow up that within a fortnight. If I see the hacking for myself, and it's not a shop based ability, I will kick and/or ban as seen fit.
Explain the highlighted section.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will stay in my spawn, or be a fair sport and still fight back. If I do not do well, and lose, I will congratulate them for being good players.
In your strengths and weaknesses portion of the application, you stated you don't like tryhards: so what if these players literally do not do anything but camp you and ONLY you and never stop?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will ask them to stop the spamming and vulgarity. If said person is being focused, and starts calling names, I will ask the person focusing them to lay off. If the victim, so to speak, abuses my request of the attacker and continues to do so with other players it will become apart of spam rules.
So what exactly are the punishments you're going to make in these two situations you listed?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
It will be *publicly* announced that they are trying to scam people out of their items. Any resistance in terms of verbal assault occurs, that becomes an insulting issue.
What will you do if you discover they're scamming and what will you do if it becomes an "issue?"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:27:10 AM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 01:20:31 PM »

Assuming there are no guidelines to determine how long a punishment should last, what would YOU make the duration of the punishment be?

It would be within a few minutes. If they come back, or go to a different server, and continue to do it, it will be lengthened to, but not limited to, half an hour. (I am unsure of returning to break rules works).

To play the first two out, someone breaks the rules for the punishment. I respond with a 10 to 20 minute mute. If they come back and break the rule again (Or go to another TFSS server and break it there), the punishment be longer to the most of 30 minutes.

The third one will be a little more lenient due to a personal experience of the person actually stopping mic spam when told to stop. If it is mic spam of music, I will create a yes/no poll. If they do not vote in favor for, a simple mute of a few minutes will show them unwanted mic spam isn't allowed.

Explain the highlighted section.

What I meant is I would read over the report, and join the server to see what happened. I will also follow up on punishments as they see fit to what the person was reported for. (Saying the reportee is actually doing what the report said)

In your strengths and weaknesses portion of the application, you stated you don't like tryhards: so what if these players literally do not do anything but camp you and ONLY you and never stop?

If it starts to get the best of me, and I become frustrated I will put myself in spawn until I either; cool my head, they stop, or they leave.

So what exactly are the punishments you're going to make in these two situations you listed?

Following the guidelines I listed above, of muting them for 10-20 minutes, this would include a gag through mic. If they bring the situation into chat, the gag will be put through their chat as well.

In situation two, I will be asking the person throwing slurs and extreme vulgarity to calm down, and I will inform them of !shop is available to them. If they turn that around and insult me and or another person, I will have to temporarily mute them if their anger gets out of hand.

What will you do if you discover they're scamming and what will you do if it becomes an "issue?"

From what I would gather of what the scam was, and if they were being serious, it will have to resort in a ban with proper evidence. If someone is upset and wants their items back because they were upset with the person afterwards, then it consist of asking questions of both parties in regards to what happened. If the stories follow up to a scam, then this is a temporary ban.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:51:09 PM by A Thorn-y Reprocussion »
<!--
//-->
</script>

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 04:12:02 PM »
What I meant is I would read over the report, and join the server to see what happened. I will also follow up on punishments as they see fit to what the person was reported for. (Saying the reportee is actually doing what the report said)
So what are these "punishments as they see fit" specifically?

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 04:31:08 PM »
So what are these "punishments as they see fit" specifically?

Say, I get a report about someone mic spamming. I go there, and if the person is indeed mic spamming, or doing something else the report failed to mention I will mute/gag/kick/ban as seen to what that person is doing.

To simplify this, if someone does something worth a punishment of muting, I will mute them. If it's ban worthy, and they are actually doing something ban worthy, I will indeed ban them.
<!--
//-->
</script>

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2016, 10:35:47 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

Due to a very close poll, you may re-apply again after only 1 month has passed.

Application denied.