• April 22, 2024, 11:30:31 PM

Author Topic: Outlook on life  (Read 4316 times)

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Outlook on life
« on: September 24, 2016, 09:06:38 PM »
Okay, before I get called out for being emo - No. I just do this upon a major loss.

For those who I haven't told, my step-brother past away 1 year and 6 months ago. Why is he so close if he's a step-brother? I never met him. My father abandoned me at such a young age. He was also only 3 years old at the time.

How? Why? He was in a car accident. A full on tree collision on the right side of my step-grandmother's car, while she was under the influence. She isn't getting a heavy punishment either, only a max of 10 years for the death of a helpless child.

Now, after I told that, I want to speak about how well your life is reflected. If you die, how would you want to be remembered, and how will you actually be remembered? I'm sure everyone wants to be remembered under good light, but since death waits for no man or woman, how long do we have to change ourselves?

This is just a hearty post to help get you thinking. A thought provoker.

PS: I'm not depressed. I learned this a year ago after someone finally spoke up to me.

"Nooo one knows what's done is donnneee - It's as if he were dead" - Pantera - Hollow
I like salt

Offline Lassie

• Forum Visitor
  • Pee pee kitty!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Outlook on life
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 09:10:17 PM »
pee pee kitty

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 09:18:25 PM »
What's sad is that some people just flat out don't care how they die or how they're remembered as. It's just about what they do in their lives that either pleases them or pleases people that they care about.

Personally, I've never really thought about how I want to be remembered. This was definitely a mind-opener.

And no, I don't see it as a depressing story. More like a story with a good, deep moral.
AFK like JFK

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 10:28:34 PM »
I just want to be remembered as someone that was of help and not as a burden that simplynagged others.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 10:47:54 PM »
With the life I grew up with... I'm 21 and still waiting for my father to kill me, like he keeps saying he would. At a very young age, before I was even born, I've cheated death. You can only cheat so many times, before you finally get caught. Before Psy, I used to be this very depressed person. Often thinking about suicide.. Trying to plan it out in my head, how it would be, what I'd do to take my own life. I've always wanted to die in my sleep.. And at one point, a year or so ago, I almost actually went through with the thought. But I didn't do it. Do I still want to die? Yes and no. Yea, because I'm still this negative and depressing person. I know for a fact that there's things wrong with me, and I also know I'll never get the help for them. Because my parents don't believe in it, and just tell me there's nothing wrong, it doesn't exist or that it's all just in my head, and that I'll be fine. I often get in these depressed moods, that can last for a few days or a week+. I'll put myself down and punish myself, by not eating or drinking anything. I don't do it for attention, it's just a very bad habit of mine, that started when I was around 13 or so. I feel that I don't deserve it, and so I punish myself for being stupid. For being worthless and useless. I often ask out loud, if I can just die now. Hoping some freak accident happens to me. That I fall down the stairs somehow, hit my head and die. Break my neck. Anything to just make the pain and suffering go away. Just a few months ago, I was thinking about"falling" off the steps outside, and hoping my head would hit the concrete.. But I didn't do it. There's many things to this yes side.. But it's also no, because I've met such a wonderful person. I have close friends I can call my family. They all understand me and know what I've been through. I couldn't abandon them like that, because I'm selfish... Sure I'd end my suffering... But I'd only be adding to theirs. Psy is honestly the ONE person, who saved me... Because of him, I'm not as depressed anymore. I don't think about suicide as much, or starve myself for too long. I feel as if life slowly came back to me. The happiness, the joy. Believing and having hope. Being positive, which is something very rare for me, believe it or not... Psy is truly my life saver... Now does this I don't want to die anymore? Obviously, because I want to be able to have my future with him. To get to meet all my close friends. But I also can't stop the things that life has already planned out... I could be here right now.. But not tomorrow. It can happen with any of us... We could all be here, awake and happy. Having a good day. Go to bed and wake up tomorrow, only to end up dead at some point during the day or night. I tend to think about things like that, a lot. And it makes me realize so much... If I'm here today, but die tomorrow... All the broken friendships, the apologies.. All the things that never got to be fixed yet, would still be there.. And I wouldn't be. I wouldn't get to say that I'm sorry. I wouldn't get to try to fix anything. I wouldn't get to say how much I loved Psy, or how much I love and appreciate my friends. All the last memories they'd be left with that day/night... Would be hurtful ones, because of a fight or something argument... I could only imagine how that'd make them feel... That's why I try to apologize as soon as possible, because I don't want that to happen. Your time on this place can only last for so long, before it's your time to go... I'm still welcoming in open arms, but I'm hoping he lets me enjoy this happiness first.. To get to experience all this things I've been waiting for, been wanting.. And when I do finally die, I want it to be in the arms of my husband... So that I can die happily and comfortable, knowing I was cherished and loved.. And that I'll always be watching over him and our family..

TLDR; Yes I want to die when I'm horribly depressed. No I don't want to die, because I feel my life is finally getting better. I also wouldn't really have people be sad if I did die, since all the people I'm closest to, wouldn't know.. I honestly don't think I'd be remembered for anything..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:49:48 PM by ♡Spykotik♡ »
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 01:07:53 PM »
Because no one ever really knows anyone's true intentions, I'm going to take this topic seriously. I'm glad we're opening a can of worms here. Depression is a major theme in this topic. For anyone who's starting to struggle I suggest continuous vocalization and further medical assistance.

For those who are currently struggling I encourage us to keep discussing these issues. Any staff members who don't have a Discord can chat on the TF2SS Staff Discord. We can even reserve a channel for people who want to talk about these issues. We may not get any answers, whether truthful or false, but at least people will have some lines of communication.

Link: https://discord.gg/Q9GQt4g
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 01:10:40 PM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~