• April 27, 2024, 06:43:35 AM

Author Topic: 17 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3409 times)

Offline Seventeen

• Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
17 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 25, 2016, 05:18:52 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

4. Age:

5. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard Time

6. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been moderator and/or administrator on 2 Garry's Mod servers, 1 Chain of TF2 servers (This one), 3 Minecraft servers. I was Admin on TF2ss for 11 months before I was demoted due to personal request and also, was demoted for breaking the T&C of the SS servers at the time.

7. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I wish to right any wrongs I have done and make up any mistakes I have made as an admin in my previous terms. I have matured greatly from those two points and I feel that I am ready to be re-instated as a TF2SS Administrator, if at all possible.

8. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
2-3 hours due to Soccer and T&F seasons during the week but, on the weekends, can range from 3-5.

B. On the forums?
I have to admit that I am not the best with remembering the forums and to consistently check back on some topics but, when I am needed on the forums for any reason, I will gladly provide the input that is necessary.

9. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been around for roughly 2 years from my start date back in early 2014 when I got these servers recommended to by an old friend who was relatively active.

10. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I speak minor Spanish but, other than that, I only speak English.

11. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
SteamRep:

https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198110929020

Steam Profile

http://steamcommunity.com/id/soccerpanda1277/

12. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:

My Alt that I mainly just use to smurf for CS:GO

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087605298

13. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I do not like to bring anything back up but, I lost control during my first term when I made prejudice comments towards another administrator but, that has since been resolved. We have since made up and become relative acquaintances. There have been a few small things here and there but, nothing that needs to be said here. If you would like to know more about the situation or any other ones, contact through my Steam please.  

14. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider my self very good at self control, willingness to step up, loyalty, trustworthiness, honesty, and a decent amount of all around logical sense.

Many of those can be my downfall as well where, I would lose that sense of self control or willingness because I get bored of the tedious work and that could then lead to bad situations. I also may have some problems with emotional control if I am going through a rough time with personal issues.

15. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 6
  • Honest: 9

16. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would first assess the situation and mute, gag, silence, or kick based on the severity of the offense and how many times I have requested them to stop and their willingness to do so.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would react to the situation by asking myself if A. They were breaking the T&C of SS or B. Ask the people on the server if it is offensive and how so, and take action from there.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask the server if anyone does not request something to constantly be played over the mic, if so, take action based on the SS T&C.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would request that they stop and if they did not, report them to a higher ranking official if need be.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I have not seen any use of speed hacking but, if I were to, I would ask if they bought it from our shop and if they replied with anything other than a definite yes, I would proceed to take action beyond that point.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would inform each player that the offender does not have any ability to do such a thing then, kick/ban for impersonating administration if the level of severity required me to do so.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would request them to stop and if they didn't, I would leave or ignore accordingly.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would mute and kick or ban because they were blatantly violating T&C on the SS servers.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Same as letter F..

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
It is allowed that another player can kill them even if they bought the perk and that there is nothing that can be done about it.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin Abuse is when any person that has a greater power other than a normal player that is using their power to their advantage and to harm another group or individual.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I am not sure if I can even re-apply, given a turn of events but, I hope this shows that I have let go of any past issues and am willing to return with a fresh mindset and a new "me". I accept if I am not capable of re-applying but, it would be nice to be accepted back to truly show how much I have grown and learned from my mistakes because my personal quote is, "A person's character is not judged based by what one has done wrong but, how one has learned from said mistakes." I leave whoever reads this application with that and to judge ONLY on this application and to not be biased or prejudice because of past experiences.
A persons character is not measured by what one has done wrong but, how one has learned from said mistakes. (Seventeen)

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: 17 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 05:47:51 PM »
Unfortunately, we cannot allow you back in.

Application denied.
AFK like JFK