• May 02, 2024, 05:34:26 AM

Author Topic: Just something notable.  (Read 5010 times)

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Just something notable.
« on: October 01, 2016, 09:02:10 PM »
We have lost a few Staff members today. Many of them share a common reason as to why they were quitting, which is drama.

Drama is a sign of a dysfunctional Staff. It's the hard truth, and there is no denying it. Whether or not the drama that was caused was intentional, it still left Staff in complete disarray.

Did these people make the correct choice to leave? Well, everyone has their own opinion on that matter. It benefits their own self while simultaneously disabling the community, like removing wax tape from your arm. It hurts, only to later be healed.

To those of you that continue to be active, thank you. We will do our best to get SwapShop back on its feet, and to prosper.

-Blood

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Just something notable.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 09:04:26 PM »
I felt a tear reading that well said.
counter sally strike go

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 09:16:22 PM »
SwapShop always survives.

Their work is very notable and necessary. Their relations are beneficial and having them all leave individually or together will be a sad sight no matter what. But their decision is their own decision and their decision deserves to be respected. Any help is welcomed, but if that person does not want to do their job anymore, no matter the reason, they should not be required.

I do wish the best for all who have left, regardless of when they have left or do leave, if that. Regardless of your online profile, you are a still a human being and deserve the best, no matter the situation. I hope that any and all who leave can find time in their future to at least come back from time to time and say hello, but if you would rather not, I will not be disappointed. I fully respect all of your decisions.

SwapShop will survive. It always has. It probably always will.

With the best wishes,
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 09:18:18 PM »
I am very sad at the moment, two of my best mates have resigned. At least I still have some friends that still play on the servers.

Offline Zeta

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • I'm always a ghost aren't I?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 09:43:09 PM »
Three years of work here and counting, and I personally wanna stay and see the server and staff (remaining and future) get back to a stable position. Possibly being more active in the process. Whatever I do though, I just hope hostility is over with.

Why would you expect anything creative out of me?

Offline K a z u m a ™

• Mysterious Okami
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • Yare Yare daze =w=
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 09:58:19 PM »
Well said Blood. Everyone did what they felt is right and I wish them the best. And for the remaining staff, I wish us all the best as well.

Cheers to a better SwapShop my friends!

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 10:14:30 PM »
This means the staff we have now need to become more active. Some of us have real life situations to handle which can hold us back. But seeing how serious this matter is, I'm going to have to devote my remaining free time to assist in any way that I can.

It's time for the rest of us to step back up.

It's unfortunate we lost many members, and maybe one day some may return. But for now, I wish them farewell. As well as the best of luck with a new reality to follow.

We need to remember we are staff that are unpaid for GAME servers, there is much more to this in a current situation. So seeing everyone take a step to move on is sad, but also relieving to see some will give it up to release themselves of this needless emotional pain and stress.

Goodluck to you all.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 10:19:30 PM »
This means the staff we have now need to become more active. Some of us have real life situations to handle which can hold us back. But seeing how serious this matter is, I'm going to have to devote my remaining free time to assist in any way that I can.

It's time for the rest of us to step back up.

It's unfortunate we lost many members, and maybe one day some may return. But for now, I wish them farewell. As well as the best of luck with a new reality to follow.

We need to remember we are staff that are unpaid for GAME servers, there is much more to this in a current situation. So seeing everyone take a step to move on is sad, but also relieving to see some will give it up to release themselves of this needless emotional pain and stress.

Goodluck to you all.
Great way to sum it up! Like Lunarium said, do not let this hold us back.

Offline Minion of Set

• The Intimidating One
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 08:20:58 AM »
We are what I like to fondly call a dysfunctional family. If you have ever watched a show called 'The Loud House' I always picture ourselves as that. We're like siblings almost. It's natural to get into fights but in the end we always make up. I see drama as a fact of life and no matter where you go it's always going to exist. I never saw as much drama with other staff members as I have with some of the community (and let's face it, half of them are assholes), and I'm still surprised 7 people resigned at the same time.

But, like a lizard that's had its tail cut off, we'll grow again. I remember yesterday I dealt with someone who was having issues with another trolling (said troller got banned for leaving when told not to, not that he cared anyway). So the reporter told me he was getting mad about the reporter talking trash about his parents, so I told him that in this game, and in the internet in general, you need have a thick skin. If someone has to pull the 'your mom' card, they've run out of any good insults, or you can just ignore it. Eventually you'll learn to laugh at those insults. To all those that left, good luck with your lives, to those still here:

Words of Wisdom: Never piss off an engineer, because he will get your balls, no matter what you do