• April 24, 2024, 05:04:22 PM

Author Topic: Why I got gagged and muted  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Hareth

• Forum Visitor
  • Bad GF corrupted, tru
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Why I got gagged and muted
« on: December 16, 2016, 05:17:12 PM »
OK' so I honestly don't get it anymore.

Now I was muted and gagged by penny for saying these words "gg ez" after killing him, "ew gay" when he told me "I'm to busy to fight you i'm talking to a girl I like" oh and "rtd dependacy is real" becuase he killed me with rtd multiple times

I want to make something VERY clear. I do not hate penny and what I said was not out of hate but out of me just being me, retarded. I still don't know the specific reason I was muted and gagged, if it was admin disrespect I never insulted his administration or anything about the server, so why would it be considered that? If it was disruption of the server or some sort of rule i'm not aware of enlighten me. My comments weren't even rude, but his on the other hand in comparison were not something a admin should attack with. comments like "what happened to the cool admin i knew oh wait bad GF" were thrown at me.

that is a direct insult to my personal life, and what i said was something playful and stupid. if this server is going to function like a great community which it can it should follow rules that something much bigger has followed and been successful. The very first amendment states the Right to Free Speech. Admins should respect this if it is to be a mature and healthy environment. I say rude things all the time but when i was a admin i stopped saying those things because i realized I am now what people think represent the server, so i conveyed the server as mature and respectful. Since i am not a admin i don't represent the server I am a simple player who runs around and gets salty with people because i am free to do so, or i thought.

A interesting point to bring up is I never even wanted to kill Penny in the first place. A player named Its Hoih Noot killed me, so i killed them back and we had a jolly good ol time killing eachother. but what i didn't know is Nooters might have been Pennies "girl". Im not sure of this at all but even if it isn't true Penny immediately attacked me and went from 0 to 100 after i killed them. Even if this isn't so Penny lost control of his self and began insulting me with things that were VERY personal. Insulting my relationship is hardly what a admin should do, or am i crazy?

My summary is I believe Penny punished me because his friend or girlfriend was killing me and i was killing them back and saying silly shit as i always do. I beg something be done about this because this is a common problem. Admin gets insulted admin mutes, but did their right as admin or the server get insulted? no, they simply were too hurt by what? me saying silly comments? If their is a way to check the server logs of this when happened i suggest you look into it yourselves as it will prove me right.

• Egg
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Why I got gagged and muted
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 05:18:34 PM »
in b4 insta-locked

Offline Hareth

• Forum Visitor
  • Bad GF corrupted, tru
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 05:19:19 PM »
shutup u dumb egg

• Egg
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 05:20:15 PM »

Offline Hareth

• Forum Visitor
  • Bad GF corrupted, tru
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 05:27:08 PM »
Rip if we get insta locked

• Egg
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 05:29:44 PM »
Rip if we get insta locked

Insta-locking is the Forum's version of Muting omhg

Offline Minion of Set

• The Intimidating One
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 06:28:13 PM »
You aren't really helping your case Hobo, what with you two posting these memes and whatever.
Words of Wisdom: Never piss off an engineer, because he will get your balls, no matter what you do

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 06:29:31 PM »
Alrighty, alrighty, alrighty. First things first, do you have proof of the chat?
I like salt

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 06:35:18 PM »
Alrighty, alrighty, alrighty. First things first, do you have proof of the chat?

Unless it was over mic, there would be no chat.

Now, from what I gathered from this post, and personal chatting I can just guess this was an attempt at provocation but was dealt with poorly.

Now if when Hareth claimed Penny said "what happened to the cool admin i knew oh wait bad GF", that's going against our own sever rules. Something that can't be left alone. If someone isn't breaking any rules, we cannot punish else it shall be considered abuse, right? Right.

Now I can agree that being provoked is not something everyone can take lightly, including myself. Yet I would not unjustly server-side mute/gag anyone. I'd simply leave or ask them politely to stop doing said provocation. This is a matter that does need to be addressed, but both sides need to be professional and upstanding when dealing with things such as this.

All I can really say, in my own opinion, was a bad interaction and was handled poorly.

EDIT: Forgot to say if it was over chat, check the server log.
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 06:40:29 PM »
We'd greatly appreciate it if you two wouldn't spam this post by the way. This post is meant specifically for staff reports, not randomness and memes. I figured you'd know where the off topic thread is at, but here's a link anyway: http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?board=17.0

Thank you.
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

• Egg
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 07:27:53 PM »
Humble apologies from both Hareth and I for posting a few memes.

However, Staff here act very unprofessional and therefore (I personally) can no longer take the Staff in TF2SS seriously.

Previous posts were immediately locked and hidden when concerning bad admins and abusive behavior - and Staff often gets away with a "strike" (which is actually rare) which is the same as turning your cheek and pretending misdeeds aren't being performed.

I recommend you consider maintaining a more professional system. Then maybe all of us can be professional, no? You wouldn't treat a clown like you would a businessman, would you?

Penny's behavior is inexcusable and rude, and will likely be excused. Hmmm.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 07:47:53 PM »
Then let's focus on the main reason this post was made.

Would suggest to wait for Penny to reply to this, since he did that comm.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Penny Fitzgerald

• the Assmin
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • Get over here!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 07:59:03 PM »
I essentially muted and gagged not for what he said. I did it for why this stuff is going on, and why the 2 ez, and bad is said in chat by 90% of most players: to get negative attention. All it does is purposely cause instant negativity to anyone. I don't get what the point of your "retarded" stuff is besides that (you words not mine. But I did do it on a personal level. We banned a previous player for doing that same thing. And eh you know what I mean.

Also, I never said bad GF EVER in those chats. I dont know where you got that. The joke I exactly made was the following. "What happened to you? Where did the nice caring guy go? Did it leave with Robo?" It has nothign to do with her being bad whatsoever. That is saying your ego has really grown to a place where It does not seem responsible to do that, when we ban players like Rawr for doing similar stuff. All to get a negative reaction. You shouldnt act 'retarded' like that if it is to purposely annoy players or admins. If it wasn't then I am sorry, what I couldnt think of another purpose.

I've lost the nice guy shit, so I will be straight up here. Your ego has changed since you resigned. And All of this on here proves it as well. All you guys want to get is a negative reaction from us, it seems. But hell, what do I know? Nothing much now.

~Penny
Aww Mickey, what a pity you don't understand!

• Egg
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 03:42:10 PM »
I essentially muted and gagged not for what he said. I did it for why this stuff is going on, and why the 2 ez, and bad is said in chat by 90% of most players: to get negative attention. All it does is purposely cause instant negativity to anyone. I don't get what the point of your "retarded" stuff is besides that (you words not mine. But I did do it on a personal level. We banned a previous player for doing that same thing. And eh you know what I mean.

So you're essentially muting and gagging people based on a popular fps-player based meme.

Penny, I understand you're emotional and your diminishing tolerance for negative verbal executions probably affect you more than it should. In any cooperate facility or institution, this would be completely unacceptable and intolerable, if not a liability. But, this is Swap Shop.

Thank you for indirectly explaining that TF2ss admins are unrestricted in the realm of (poor) player treatment. I imagine you will do this again as you please, and others may follow in your footsteps. We will take note to be more careful around the Staff of this community.