• April 18, 2024, 04:03:11 PM

Author Topic: Long time no see  (Read 3777 times)

Offline ッ Scorched ッ

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Long time no see
« on: January 22, 2017, 05:11:52 PM »
Hello again, I am the ghost known as ScorchedKiller and I just want to know how everyone is doing? <3
~

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Long time no see
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 05:38:10 PM »
Hangin' out. I've been interested in Linux distros. I'm thinking about dual booting Windows 10 and Arch. We'll see. I don't think I'll actually do it. I'll probably put it on a VM, use it for a while, customize it, and then make a decision. I haven't really considered any other Linux distro as a daily driver- let alone an OS I would really enjoy. I've used other Linux distros and I don't think I've really found "the one" through my trials.

Arch seems like it could to be the distro for me. I've only seen things, heard things, and read a few things here and there about the OS. The only small hurdle is the learning curve in the OS' design philosophy. Its downsides reside in its strengths: which are its rolling updates, AUR, and self-help philosophy. In addition, the installation doesn't have a simple "click the next button" GUI. It's all done through the terminal. I'm still sort of on the edge and I'm not sure if I even want to put the small work into getting it on a VM.

What are you up to? :)
~