• April 29, 2024, 03:36:44 AM

Author Topic: Warm Lotion - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 9526 times)

Offline Warm Bush

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Warm Lotion - Game Server Admin Application
« on: February 02, 2017, 07:59:46 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
1.Gerbil
2.Strumm

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Standard Time (CST)

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been a Senior Patrol leader in my scout troop for 3 years now.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this position to try to uphold the rules and try to keep some of the toxic people who constantly break the rules at bay.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I personally should be able to spend at least one to one and a half hours a night depending on my schedule.NOTE: There may be some exceptions if I go on vacation.

B. On the forums?
I could probably spend maybe 30 minutes on the forums daily depending on my schedule.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I believe I have been playing for 3/4 to a year; however, I took a break from games for a while to get my life straight.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No, I do not speak any languages but I can use google translate to get a basic idea of what one is saying.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
Steam rep:https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198202826397

Steam Profile:http://steamcommunity.com/id/Warmlotion/

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I do not have any alt accounts currently.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
My family sent me to military academy 4 years ago, and the people there were always yelling in your face. I coped by thinking about how much worse it could be and how happy I was I was still alive after a personal life incident.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
The strengths in my personality is I am able to keep a calm demeanor in about any situation and can handle most people.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 3
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 9
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask them to refrain from using racial slurs or I would have to mute them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the player who offended the others to try to refrain from offending people whenever possible.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask them to stop or I would mute them, and if they did I would mute them for about 5-10 minutes then unmute them and if they started again I would mute them for longer.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would message a Head Admin via steam and inform them, also I would get some proof either via screenshots or recording.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ask the said reporter what they meant by speed hacking because I do not believe it is possible in tf2. And if they meant b-hoping I would change my username and set my steam status to offline.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would mute him then message him via steam if he did seem to stop or seem apologetic I would ban him.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would sit in spawn taunting.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will tell him to calm down and if he does not  I would mute him.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will inform every player this is a scam, and ban him or mute him.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them that everyone has access to the same shop you do and it could happen to anyone even me.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define admin abuse as using one's powers to disrupt others experience or not for their original use.
NOTE: I know that SwapShop sometimes does events and those do not count.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
My feelings are good and I hope that I can become an admin if not I will still do my best to improve this community in anyway..
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:26:58 PM by Warm Bush »

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Warm Lotion - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 08:11:57 PM »
4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

Can you please go into more detail for why this answer is a no?
For EX. Is your microphone broke, needing replaced, etc..

Thank you,

Hades
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:49:01 AM by Hades »

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 12:03:26 PM »
Could you please complete number 15?
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Warm Bush

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 04:20:52 PM »
The mic jack on my computer is currently not working. Also I fixed number 15 that is my mistake I typed this right before I went to bed, thank you Sipow for informing me.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:54:03 PM by Warm Bush »

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 06:32:19 PM »
Thank you for responding.
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Warm Bush

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 06:45:06 PM »
Thank you for responding.
No problem

Offline Warm Bush

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 07:49:22 PM »
I have read all of Deaths post on Application Deadlines, but I am confused on will I find out if I made it in 7 days or in at most seven days. I should be on in the morning (EST) feel free to add me I have more questions

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 08:15:44 PM »
I have read all of Deaths post on Application Deadlines, but I am confused on will I find out if I made it in 7 days or in at most seven days. I should be on in the morning (EST) feel free to add me I have more questions

You'll find out the result for your application after 7 days.
AFK like JFK

Offline Warm Bush

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 07:12:11 AM »

You'll find out the result for your application after 7 days.
Thank you

Offline tsun ツ

• your local weaboo
  • Forum Poster
  • ໒( ●ᴥ ●)ʋ u wot m8
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 09:49:55 AM »
Regarding question #15
15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
The strengths in my personality is I am able to keep a calm demeanor in about any situation and can handle most people.

You have put down your strength now would you mind giving us one weakness that comes with your personality?

oh-haiyo~

Offline Warm Bush

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 11:32:45 AM »
Regarding question #15

You have put down your strength now would you mind giving us one weakness that comes with your personality?
I do not deal well with people who are racist or disrespect America in any way.
Edit: I did some thinking and in addition I am very vocal about my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:35:18 PM by Warm Bush »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 03:12:44 PM »

So in the case that someone from another country voices their opinion negatively against the United States, how would you react?

What exactly would you do to them?

Offline Warm Bush

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »

So in the case that someone from another country voices their opinion negatively against the United States, how would you react?

I would tell them that they could keep their opinions to themselves considering this is an American server, and is possibly disrespectful to any Americans playing.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:26:53 PM by Warm Bush »

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 06:11:22 PM »

I would tell them that they could keep their opinions to themselves considering this is an American server, and is possibly disrespectful to any Americans playing.

I would like to think that our servers are predominantly American. SwapShop does have servers located in the United States. This is an interesting fun fact: Death, the owner, is actually Canadian and so is Lunarium Wolf. We actually have quite a few people who do not reside in the United States. In addition, there's a lot of people in the United States who do not like the United States. Which is also intriguing. SwapShop prides itself with an "American-like" structure within its administration even though it's owned by a Canadian.

Personally, I don't think your bias upon this issue should be a driving factor in what people can say on the servers. I would only assume that you would take serious action against someone who disagrees with you. I find it slightly silly that this could be your weakness. I understand that you represent your country with great respect. Albeit, it's rather un-American and un-Internet, so to speak, to enforce people to not share such opinions.

However, I would like to hope that you would greatly advise fellow Americans to respect their country. I could care less if you try to convince people from other countries to respect America. In a way, it would be nice if all people would respect America. But I'll be honest... Some, if not most, people from other countries will naturally, of course, not necessarily care, respect, or even consider America. I mean, people are going to be generally nationalistic regardless of which country you're talking about. I find nothin' wrong about that either.

In my opinion, one of the great things about America is the ability to not be nationalistic. But with such a freedom, who wouldn't want to be nationalistic about that? Then again, that's sort of nonchalant these days. Even if it was illegal to think or say such a thing about your country, then people would still think and find a way to say such things. Unless the government is, like, purposely trying to censor you. :P Though as I said, people have their ways to circumvent censorship. So, ya... It's pretty nonchalant or, rather, it's already a pretty common standard within other countries. "Oh, you're country allows you to say whatever you want to say about it? Well, so can I. I don't give a care whether my country allows that or not."

Eh, take it for what it's worth. :P In a nutshell, I think it's understandable for this to be a weakness but I have a hard time believing it. Besides, I don't think we need thirty admins. I think twenty is plenty. I think we need more members to just use the forums and have fun. That's all. ;) But hey, you made an app so you must either have some skill in this department or a desire to acquire such skills. At least you're on the forums. I appreciate that and I'm sure the admins appreciate it too. :) Don't let me stop you from trying to contribute to the group. If you have something to give, then keep at it and keep giving. The greatest part of being a part of any community is giving.
~

Offline Warm Bush

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 06:28:43 PM »

I would like to think that our servers are predominantly American. SwapShop does have servers located in the United States. This is an interesting fun fact: Death, the owner, is actually Canadian and so is Lunarium Wolf. We actually have quite a few people who do not reside in the United States. In addition, there's a lot of people in the United States who do not like the United States. Which is also intriguing. SwapShop prides itself with an "American-like" structure within its administration even though it's owned by a Canadian.

Personally, I don't think your bias upon this issue should be a driving factor in what people can say on the servers. I would only assume that you would take serious action against someone who disagrees with you. I find it slightly silly that this could be your weakness. I understand that you represent your country with great respect. Albeit, it's rather un-American and un-Internet, so to speak, to enforce people to not share such opinions.

However, I would like to hope that you would greatly advise fellow Americans to respect their country. I could care less if you try to convince people from other countries to respect America. In a way, it would be nice if all people would respect America. But I'll be honest... Some, if not most, people from other countries will naturally, of course, not necessarily care, respect, or even consider America. I mean, people are going to be generally nationalistic regardless of which country you're talking about. I find nothin' wrong about that either.

In my opinion, one of the great things about America is the ability to not be nationalistic. But with such a freedom, who wouldn't want to be nationalistic about that? Then again, that's sort of nonchalant these days. Even if it was illegal to think or say such a thing about your country, then people would still think and find a way to say such things. Unless the government is, like, purposely trying to censor you. :P Though as I said, people have their ways to circumvent censorship. So, ya... It's pretty nonchalant or, rather, it's already a pretty common standard within other countries. "Oh, you're country allows you to say whatever you want to say about it? Well, so can I. I don't give a care whether my country allows that or not."

Eh, take it for what it's worth. :P In a nutshell, I think it's understandable for this to be a weakness but I have a hard time believing it. Besides, I don't think we need thirty admins. I think twenty is plenty. I think we need more members to just use the forums and have fun. That's all. ;) But hey, you made an app so you must either have some skill in this department or a desire to acquire such skills. At least you're on the forums. I appreciate that and I'm sure the admins appreciate it too. :) Don't let me stop you from trying to contribute to the group. If you have something to give, then keep at it and keep giving. The greatest part of being a part of any community is giving.

I meant that I am easily aggravated when people disrespect America. I understand that other people play from other countries. I have no problem with anyone country or race, but I do thank you for taking the time to type that and I understand where you are coming from.