• April 25, 2024, 11:02:01 AM

Author Topic: fpshambooga / Hambooga - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3514 times)

Offline henlo

• Forum Visitor
  • cringy child
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
fpshambooga / Hambooga - Game Server Admin Application
« on: February 11, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I know Death, I have had him in my friends list for a while and we've recently played CS:GO together.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
12 (Yes, I know I am under aged for this position. But I probably would have more time at this age to be an admin than being 16.)

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
US Central

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have applied for admin here before, but I was denied (About 2 years ago). I own a server in Day of Defeat: Source. It's been around for about a month and a half, and soon it will shut down.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this position because I absolutely love the community in SwapShop. I would like to keep it clean and I would feel that I would be very dedicated to working on the servers.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I would spend about 4-5 hours every day on the servers. But it depends if I need to do anything.

B. On the forums?
I would spend a lot of time and I would have it on in the background if I am playing any games. I can be on it as long as I would like, as I always have something on me that can view the forums.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have played for about 2 years or so (I quit tf2 for a little bit but I played a lot in 2014/2015 and now I'm coming back in 2017)

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Nope. I do not, and I would like to learn some news ones.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198147116054
No special reputation.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I have one alternate accounts, but I use it to mainly play on servers I'm banned on in dods. (I am quite good at dods and I pubstomp a lot, and it's too much for many admins to handle)
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198351886819

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Actually, today I got quite salty on the cp_orange low gravity critical only server. There were some people that we're pissing me off by yelling at me for killing them, and calling me a noob and tryhard because I used soldier. I admit, I was once like that and I wasn't very smart at the time. I ended up just leaving at the end and calmed down by playing some games and watching videos.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I have a very good sense of humor. I am also very competitive, nice, and friendly. Sometimes, I get really toxic and salty easily, but not too much.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 6

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would give them some warnings. If they continue, I would try to judge if they are joking or not. Anyways, if they are joking I would just give them a long gag and mute. But if I judge that they are actually trying to be racist, I would give them a ban for a few days or so. If they come back, it will be a perma ban.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would look at the situation, and see why they are offended. I will watch how it plays out and see if somebody is actually trying to offend other people. But before I do that, I'll just tell them to stop.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Right away, I would mute for about an hour. If they continue it will be longer. If they continue again, they will be banned for a few days or so.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would contact a higher up about this, and be sure something happens about it.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would watch them, and judge that. Usually it's just rocket jumping or something, and some players don't understand.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell them to stop and gag/mute them for an hour or so. If they continue to threaten, they will be banned for a day or so. I do not enjoy seeing that happen, and it really gets me mad.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I wouldn't care. It isn't against the rules and I won't take any action about it.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them to quit it or they will have server consequences. If they continue, I will ban them for a week or maybe permanently. After all, if "this server sucks ass" why would they care if they were kicked out?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell them to stop that. If somebody actually tries to trade with them, I will tell them to stop and trade with the trading bot. Scamming is a very serious issue, and I don't want to see it happen ever on any of these servers.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I'll tell them that they bought it, and should expect that to happen. This game is about fighting. They made the conscious decision to spend their points on buying that perk, and they risk the chance of being killed by other players.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Complete and utter destruction while using admin powers. Unjustifiably banning/kicking/gagging/muting players and more.  

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would enjoy this a lot. If I am denied, I would understand. I am 12 years old, under aged to become an admin on here. But I may not have much time on my hands when I'm 16. Of course there is high school (which obviously means a lot of stuff to do) and I plan to get a job soon.  
bad tf2 player

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: fpshambooga / Hambooga - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 05:19:49 PM »
Unfortunately, we just cannot accept anyone under 16, no matter how promising an application may look.

Application denied.
AFK like JFK