• March 29, 2024, 01:24:53 AM

Author Topic: !shop ban appeal  (Read 4125 times)

Offline This... Is a bucket

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
!shop ban appeal
« on: November 14, 2019, 04:49:20 AM »
Hey!
So in late august I got banned from !shop on server 6, I believe. I have no idea who it was but all evidence points to Psyk0tik, so IDK, just ask him. The reason was, from what I could gather, that I suggested an idea to abuse the gift credits system since I wasn't allowed to donate anymore on my main account. In theory, I could either have another computer running and donate through there and then gift my main account whatever it got, or pay someone a small cut so they could help donate for me. Apparently I wasn't allowed to "dodge my punishment", and so simply suggesting it netted me a permanent !shop ban a few days later.

While that abuse method could work in theory, I would like to say I probably wouldn't have done more than just suggesting it in a joking manner. Firstly, I don't own a second computer, so I am not able to log into my main and alt account at the same time to gift to myself. Secondly, I would never trust anyone enough to trade them my keys in return for a promise to deliver credits. Myself being a former unusual trader who'd been scammed twice for a hefty sum of keys, I am not about to give some random person my valuables under any circumstance. It's against what years of trading instinct has built up.
Of course I can see why people could think I meant what I suggested, but I hope my explanation can clear up whatever confusion there was- I never intended to actually act upon anything.

And finally, I'm appealing this now because Psyk0tik, the supposed admin who banned me, had kinda sorta hinted at me today to come try this. So here I am.

Whatever the verdict is, I thank you for your time.

Offline Gawain

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Professional Child Wrangler
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: !shop ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 01:07:35 PM »
Denied. You have proven repeatedly that your intent is always to game the system and exploit broken items, with no intent on reporting exploits to the administration.

When a child plays with an annoying toy, you take the batteries out.

If such a time comes that the staff team believes you have matured and can be trusted, we will reconsider your appeal.

Topic locked.
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and feel obligated to inform you it is on fire."

-Ser Fergus

Gawain's not so og theme