• March 28, 2024, 11:13:10 AM

Author Topic: Ban appeal  (Read 6718 times)

Offline LOL

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Ban appeal
« on: September 04, 2020, 11:19:11 PM »
I was banned on TF2SS.com 29 | Hightower | FREE !VIP
I don't remember what the name of the admin that banned me
This was the reason why I was banned "User was suspected of cheats. Then proceeded to not only change name to "impersonate" another user. Please note that the user they were trying to impersonate ARE FRIENDS with this user. They then changed their name to "LOL NICE AIMBOT" and upon being challenged to a duel asks if they want them to toggle. This person clearly WANTED to get banned by making it seem like they were cheating. Please refer to Gawain for chat logs as evidence."
I have viewed the rules and I have not broken any of the rules. I use to play a lot of sniper so I can already assume why I was called out for aimbot. I have a total of 4k hours on team fortress 2. I would never cheat in this game because I love it a lot. I would also never cheat on my main that would be tiny brain.
I got banned around 1pm-7pm. I got banned on 8/16/2020
I have seen all the rules and there are no rules against impersonating another player, I am also friends with the person I impersonated and asked if it was ok to use their name and pfp to troll in that server. As well for the part when I said "Want me to toggle?", it was all a joke to troll

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 11:40:30 PM »
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to apply.

Please be patient while the admin who admitted the ban responds to this appeal with a response/verdict.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

Offline Gawain

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Professional Child Wrangler
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »
The banned account is a private profile, so I have no way of verifying whether or not what you're saying is true. Take the profile off of private and we will continue this discussion.
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and feel obligated to inform you it is on fire."

-Ser Fergus

Gawain's not so og theme

Offline LOL

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 01:42:14 PM »
The banned account is a private profile, so I have no way of verifying whether or not what you're saying is true. Take the profile off of private and we will continue this discussion.
Ok, I unprivated my profile

Offline Not pawky

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
  • insane cat guy
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 07:04:25 PM »
Hi.  I'm the administrator that banned you. 
This isn't a matter of "i'm positive you were hacking".  Rather you seemingly tried to make it seem like you were cheating. 

I discussed this whole situation and the events before, during, and after the ban.  However before I put any details of the ban here please list not any alt accounts you own

Offline LOL

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 08:32:08 PM »
I'd like to be unbanned, last time i checked, pretending to be a cheater isn't a bannable offense. I also do not understand what you meant by "However before I put any details of the ban here please list not any alt accounts you own"

Offline Gawain

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 08:38:54 PM »
Impersonating a hacker is absolutely a bannable offense. If there's a murder and you plead guilty even though you're innocent, you can't fault the courts for tossing your ass in jail.
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and feel obligated to inform you it is on fire."

-Ser Fergus

Gawain's not so og theme

Offline Not pawky

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
  • insane cat guy
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 08:39:47 PM »
Please list any alt steam accounts you own

Offline LOL

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 09:31:49 PM »
Impersonating a hacker is absolutely a bannable offense. If there's a murder and you plead guilty even though you're innocent, you can't fault the courts for tossing your ass in jail.
"Swearing at a player is not okay, even for the head admin, its very unprofessional. And I was never cheating, so why should I stay banned? if I wear cosmetics that look like a cheaters thats not a reason to be banned, and you were spectating while i was "cheating" when i wasn't, I don't understand that. I wish you'd be more professional about this considering that you are an admin for the server.

Offline Gawain

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 09:41:17 PM »
Okay champ, I'll put on my professionalism guise.

Welcome to the Tf2SS unbanning form! I'm Gawain, Head Administrator of Swapshop. I will be overseeing and passing judgement on your punishment today.

In historical cases on the TF2SS servers, players found to be impersonating hackers or acting in a way that encourages hackusations have been banned. This is because they are a colossal waste of administrator time. In most cases, these players are unbanned with a stern warning to never engage in those activities again. However, under these circumstances, there are certain aspects of this case that do not add up as far as the administration team is concerned. This is why you have been asked multiple times to list your alternate accounts. If you fail to do so in your next reply, this case will be automatically denied.

Thank you, and have a pleasant day!

-Ser Fergus

Gawain's not so og theme

Offline LOL

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2020, 11:03:53 PM »
Okay champ, I'll put on my professionalism guise.

Welcome to the Tf2SS unbanning form! I'm Gawain, Head Administrator of Swapshop. I will be overseeing and passing judgement on your punishment today.

In historical cases on the TF2SS servers, players found to be impersonating hackers or acting in a way that encourages hackusations have been banned. This is because they are a colossal waste of administrator time. In most cases, these players are unbanned with a stern warning to never engage in those activities again. However, under these circumstances, there are certain aspects of this case that do not add up as far as the administration team is concerned. This is why you have been asked multiple times to list your alternate accounts. If you fail to do so in your next reply, this case will be automatically denied.

Thank you, and have a pleasant day!
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199051761157/
This is the only alt that I use. Also I wasn't trying to impersonate a cheater. If I am wrong, please link the "cheaters" profile that i was trying to "impersonate". And also impersonating a cheater isn't a rule, I viewed all of the rules and thats not one of them

Offline Not pawky

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
  • insane cat guy
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2020, 11:17:52 PM »
You were impersonating or pretending to be a cheater.
If that's your only alt, please explain your connection to this account, as their only friend is you
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199083317789
Whom was banned automatically for having the same IP address as the cheater that I banned prior to you while you were in game. 

Offline LOL

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2020, 11:27:04 PM »
You were impersonating or pretending to be a cheater.
If that's your only alt, please explain your connection to this account, as their only friend is you
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199083317789
Whom was banned automatically for having the same IP address as the cheater that I banned prior to you while you were in game.
I met this guy in another server. He added me because he thought I was cheating as well. He then realized i wasn't cheating and I was legit. I have also been banned from another community called "Black Wonder" for "aimbot" but I appealed and it got accepted. Other than that, I don't know this guy very well, he probably joined me through steam friends I never had expected him to join me. This is not my alt btw.

Offline Gawain

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 06:10:19 AM »
Dude, you have already admitted to pretending to be a cheater in this very thread. Don't move the goalposts. And, as I've already stated, pretending to be a cheater is absolutely a punishable offense.

Secondly, don't tell me what my own rules are- I wrote most of them. And given that I am TF2SS' sole Head Administrator, the rules are whatever I say they are.

Normally, I would unban someone in your position without so much as a written warning. However, throughout this process you have been needlessly abrasive, highly self-entitled, and just generally kind of an asshole. With this in mind, I've decided to deny this appeal. You may reapply in one month.

Thread locked.

-Ser Fergus

Gawain's not so og theme