• April 27, 2024, 11:48:20 AM

Author Topic: Taking my leave  (Read 4102 times)

Offline Naughty Twilight

• Forum Visitor
  • Why so serious?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Taking my leave
« on: August 05, 2015, 03:08:37 PM »
     Many of you consider me a dick, I don't care. There are serious problems with this staff, and as much as I hate Pixels it was better when he was here. Death does nothing more than pay for the servers and get a guy to code his shit. In the meantime he goes on servers and abuses his powers. I can name two staff members that do not abuse the report bot, the rest type useless messages. We had an admin abuse his powers a few days ago, and he got suspended for a week. I'm rude to my peers, and I get the same treatment. This system is corrupt, and I won't be a part of it. The fact that I have to block the Report Bot just to get some fucking peace is sad. I shouldn't have to do that. The staff meetings are useless. Basically, Flying Knife tells us what he's going to change, and we just sit around making jokes and forget about it in the next hour. Special shoutout to Sixteen, who manages to control people even from outside of the community. I'm sure he's very happy with himself. So, as happy as you all are about me leaving, I hope you guys can get your shit together. There's a reason more than five admins have left or abused powers in what, the past TWO weeks? This isn't for me. I'm done.
"Can't... you... just... play... along?!"

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Taking my leave
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »
Thanks for the compliments and BYE!

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 03:40:21 PM »
Goodbye, and good fucking riddance.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 04:15:20 PM »
Sadly, never once had I made contact with you, and I was able to hear of many complaints of you on our servers. I also recall the absolute disrespect when time had come for me to take the mic during our last staff meeting. Sadly, yes servers contain flaws, and not all flaws pointed out are true. Had you find things "pointless" then you should go work for a business my friend. It's no different there when they come to the best of success. As for how you feel you should drop this position upon the fact of only being temporarily suspended is quite the shock. Our community may not be perfect and polished, But neither is any other. The idea of seeing the way you talk to people, frightens me of what image YOU displayed our servers as. As for Death, he is the owner of these servers and does a lot more than you would hope to know. As for his coding, of course he does coding for the servers to stand. But go ahead and take a basic coding course and tell me exactly how easy it plays out for you. But on top of Death's fun, he has all the right to do so. And every time he has the full servers consent to do so. But when he does "Abuse" commands, it's mostly contained of events, and players love it.

Overall, I had never talked to you before in your time in this community, and the fact I heard complaints from a large number of staff and community members just scares me on the idea of what you HAVE shown the community, And how many players you've shunned off and away. Next time instead of being such a narcissist, take a look at the bigger picture instead of just yourself. Because if I was your boss, I'd have you fired on the first day for such actions and thoughts.

This was a very well made conscious decision, because had you not changed your ways even after the report made towards you, you would have faced demotion anyway. So as others have said, it's quite the relief to have you away from the staff.

This community will only have The Best. And you obviously thought you just were, instead of just attempting to earn that title.

It was nice having you here in the beginning but that time went down REAL fast. Will see you around the servers, and I doubt upon the way you had left will give you a likely chance to return. One day You'll regret it entirely.

PS: Learn some facts and do research first before self positive claiming towards yourself. And 2, Learn to control your anger.

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 05:25:04 PM »
Hey it's me, Sixteen.

You sent me some mean messages when I left that I wasn't too fond of. I reported you and you lost 3 days. In our rules, it states "Be mature - racism, vulgarity, insults, innapropriate or disruptive behavior, stereotyping, homophobia, gender chauvinism, age discrimination, and religious or cultural slander are not acceptable." 3 days man. That's not even bad. Go watch a video or take a nap. You state that I "have control" of the system, even though I am no longer an admin. Frankly, I let Knife decide for himself without any "coaching" as you guys would say. Seriously, 3 days. Of course, I would have loved for it to have been much, much longer, but Knife followed the problem systematically and correctly. If that is corrupt because you didn't get your way (even thought it was only 3 days) then this obviously isn't the place for you.

Now if you think Death isn't doing much, I highly suggest you go run your own servers my friend. You are what? 15? He's a grown adult with a job. He works long hours and is often very stressed. It's obvious why he has a coder to do his code. Death doesn't have as much time as he would like and this server has a lot of deadlines he has to meet. Death can't do everything by himself, that is why he has a coder, and a website provider, and server hosts, and admins (yep, that's us). If you think that is capable, once again, go make your own set of servers and do everything by yourself. Frankly, if you have your own server, you can do everything yourself and all of your admins will agree with everything you do, because you will be the only admin (the joke is, if you are the only one, no one can disagree (unless you disagree with yourself, then there is a big problem)).

Abusing? Sure, admins use commands from time to time. You can say that smiting everyone is abuse which is fine, and I will disagree, but like I said, that is fine. IF it is viewed as problematic, that boom, they will receive punishment, as seen with a few of our admins. Yes, of course, our admins are not perfect. But that is not the fault of having the wrong admins, that is the fault of being human. I don't feel like teaching because it is unnecessary, but we have opinions and mood changes and react to certain scenarios some ways on some days and different on others. If an admin messes up, which has been known to happen (i.e. Genie, Rhino, Gui, myself, yourself, and maybe others), they receive a punishment they deserve. Sure you had a typo or your brother wrote that stuff or maybe you meant what you said to me. Don't worry, you will only be off for 3 days, will all ability to continue your amazing administration right after. It's just a timeout.

Death abuses. I guess so. But how can we complain? There is actually a rule that states that Death is allowed to break or change any of the rules if he would like. "The owner, Death, is exempt from all rules and may change them without notice." I wonder why? So I am flabbergasted that you still think this is a problem. And if you still find it problematic, please do understand that if a player is upset with Death's "abuse" and asks him to stop, he will. Back after I got demoted the first time, he would sometimes come on and nuke the server over and over again and I would ask him to please stop and he would. But maybe, like you said, I have complete control over SwapShop and its staff and I got what I wanted because I am all powerful. ←Sarcasm. If you do make your own server to prove me wrong and do what you want because you are owner, I will be very disappointed in you.

Report bot! I love this topic. Did you guys know, you can go into your volume mixer and mute your chat window? Oh but is the flashing yellow icon on your taskbar annoying you? Here is a fun thing any steam user can do. IF you click on the dropdown next to your name on you friend's list tab, you can click "Offline" which stops messages from coming through, leaving you to do whatever you please for the time being. Then click "Online" and you are back to the Steam Chat world. Oh, but you wanted to talk to someone but don't want to go offline? Well my friend, I expect that that conversation will be short because if you are intending on receiving steam messages but are complaining about receiving steam messages, then there is a problem. If however you would like to have a long conversation with someone but do not want all of the beeps and boops, I suggest you use a cool program like Skype, or Teamspeak, or RaidCall, or Mumble, etc. If all else fails, be kind and ask "Can you guys please take this to private message or the admin steam group? I apologize for the inconvenience I just have a lot going on right now and it would be the most to me." rather than saying "This conversation is idiotic and needs to end." Being nice might not be the road less traveled, but it is a lot smoother, I can promise you that.

Staff meetings? Yeah, they are a bit boring. They are useful though. Talking is so much easier than typing. Plus having everyone altogether is so great, as opposed to making a post on the forums and having only six or seven people respond to it. Right, they are a bit bland, but we are new to it. This was what, the third or fourth meeting? A system is being worked on but it obviously isn't perfect. Plus, it is recommened that staff attend but it is not mandatory. You could not only block report bot but also block yourself away from staff meetings as well. Then you could never have to be with all of the admins at the same time if you wanted to.

Special shout out to me? It's an honor. Thank you my boy.

Am I happy that you are gone? Frankly, I was never happy with a single admin having left. I was close with Genie, but I was still pretty indifferent. I didn't like some things he did, but I didn't feel negatively about him enough to dislike him. And with Sins, I am still sad that he left. Though, as I have said many times, we did butt heads very often, he was still essential to SwapShop. But yes, you have broken my streak. I am happy that you have asked for demotion. Not only did you butt heads with me, but it seemed you wanted to butt heads with every admin and disrespected everyone. Not only is that bad for administration, but that is bad for humanity.

Now, TLDR
Honestly, if you are busy, don't worry about reading this. It is just me going on a bunch of rants. OTherwise, if you would like to, feel free. I responded to a bunch of Joker's points (not in any specific order).

Used to define huge sarcastic assholes, that end up becoming amazingly sweet. ←Definition brought to you by Urban Dictionary. The word that fits this definition is my name. So I bid you the best on your journeys. Goodbye, my name is Sean but most call me Sixteen.
~16
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 05:28:43 PM by Sixteen »
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 08:10:14 PM »
Goodbye, and good fucking riddance.

You complain about how he treats others, but you yourself are not shining here. Respect and trust is a two way street, and I see nothing from you that says I should respect you for that language. I understand how bad he can be at times, I have known him for years, and guess what, we are still fantastic friends. Doesn't mean you do the same things he "did" to you. Says a lot about your character.

~16

You seem to be enjoying yourself in this post. Taunting him at the fact you won your case against him. Much like a hunter toys with his prey when he knows it is the end. I also find it interesting how you waited a week+ to report him. That chat is not a ticket that you can hold onto like a monopoly "get out of jail free card". When he did this you should have brought it up then, not waited. Tells me a lot about the kind of person you are.

I will not defend him here as he left on his own accord. It is how you two approached this matter that I see a problem with.

Hades
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:13:46 PM by Hades »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 08:14:59 PM »
Too much digressing; this is off-topic now.

No more replies pls, topic locked.