• April 28, 2024, 09:16:41 AM

Author Topic: Ⓧ DJ Slender Ⓧ - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4211 times)

Offline ☠ DJ Luffy ☠™

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Ⓧ DJ Slender Ⓧ - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 13, 2015, 04:40:25 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
I am 16.

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have no Experience in any kind of supervisory or administrative actions, but I hope that I may beable to learn a bit from being an admin on these servers.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goal in this community is to just help manage some things that are out of place or attempt to help in any way. Why I want to hold this posistion is because, I 've played these servers for quite sometime and I want to uphold this posistion so I can maybe help this community.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
It normally depends on what I want to do but if it's on the servers, around 2-3 hours, 1 if I'm quite busy.

B. On the forums?
I'll check it out once in a while, so about an hour or so.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I do not recall when I first started, but I think I've been playing for 2 or so months.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198093516150

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
While on a server with my friend, we were just killing people on the other team, normal TF2 gameplay, but then we ran into a hacker aimbotting everyone, spawn camping, when I tried to confront him as in, tried to kill him, He proceeded to dominate me and hold it for almost an hour, and after that, I was very angry and lost complete control.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strengths are to be that one person who looks at a bad situation of some sort, and either make a joke, and if it's serious, I would try to encourage the people around me to get through this obstacle.

My weaknesses are that if my temper and patience are not in the mood to well, deal with anything, that's my weakness, I let anger and more take control of me.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would give him warnings to stop, if he continues I will continue to give him warnings, If he does not comply after many warnings I will proceed to give a mute, if he continues, a kick, and finally, a ban if said player does it yet again.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would ask how it would be offensive and ask the one who made this remark, if they did not intend it to be offensive or intended to offend people, or in this case, the people who find it offensive.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would proceed to give him warnings to stop and if he continues I will mute him for 30 minutes, If he continues when said mute is over, I will proceed to make the Mute for a day.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would first ask him to stop as players see this unfair and if he continues, I will report to another admin to see if it's possible if we can deal with this and if not, ask for someone with more authority.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would go to the server that the person who reported it, and see if this is true or not, if it is indeed I will request him to stop, if he continues to do this I will ask for help of fellow admins.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would confront the person who're making these rules that do not exist and politely tell them these rules do not in fact exist and will report to another admin.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will deal with it and not get annoyed, however if it's continuing for a certain amount of time, I will leave the server and join another.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I'd ask if they can stop screaming and yelling profanity/ shouting and yelling, and if they proceed to not listen and also start insulting me I will request another admin to come and help me deal with it, If no admins are available at this moment I will either mute or ban them for a day, most likely mute.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will ask him to stop and if he decides to join another server and continue, I will either get help from another admin or kick him, if he proceeds this for a long period of time I will ask permission for a ban.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will tell him to think of what the other players think of him being the HHH and killing them, if he continues to complain, I will continue to try and explain.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:13:10 PM by Ⓧ DJ Slender Ⓧ »

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Ⓧ DJ Slender Ⓧ - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 05:29:59 PM »
Hello,

One of our requirements states that you cannot have a suspicios SteamRep.

However:
5 friends with unconfirmed reports. 6 Friends with a private/users Only/ Friend only profile. 1 with a valve trade ban. 1 Marked as banned by HG and has a private profile. Another with a caution tag.

Due to this I am placing your application on HOLD until you can address these issues on your SteamRep, I am also going to give you 2 days to do so.

Until you have done so your application will be hereby locked. Failure to clean up your steamrep will result in this application being denied when those 2 days are up.

Edit No. 1

Your SteamRep looks fine. Hold removed.

Hades

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:29:19 PM by Hades »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 09:38:19 PM »
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would give him warnings to stop, if he continues I will continue to give him warnings.
What if the player keeps continuing to be racist even after countless warnings?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would proceed to give him warnings to stop and if he continues I will ask players if they are finding this micspam uncomfortable/offensive/purely annoying and will seal it with a question to a fellow admin.
What do you do if the player(s) continue to micspam?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will deal with it and not get annoyed, however if it's continuing for a certain amount of time, I will ask another admin to help clear this out.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I'd ask if they can stop screaming and yelling profanity/ shouting and yelling, and if they proceed to not listen and also start insulting me I will request another admin to come and help me deal with it.
What if no other admins were available to help you at the moment?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:45:35 PM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 10:49:54 PM »
Hello SwapShoppers and Administrators,
I have been friends with Slender for quite some time now and originally met him on #08. He is a fantastic player both with skill and composure. He creates and keeps a great mood for the server and I have never seen him get angry or react negatively. He is a definitely a good candidate for Administrator from what I have seen in game.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Mini

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 11:52:13 PM »
Hello, moderators and administrators of these servers that my dear friend has desired to administer, I will gladly share my thoughts on Slender and how he can be helpful to the community. As I am aware, he has an array of skills regarding supervision. I have witnessed his actions done of individuals bending the rules of the servers that he would try to regulate and keep things balanced in. I don't only think, but know that he would be very much qualified to take the role as a server admin in one of your servers, and his account comes clean, as he has no discrepancies that would hinder his chances of becoming a successful supervisor anywhere found on his Steam account. I would gladly recommend him.

Offline Seventeen

• Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 04:18:12 PM »
I havent had the longest experience with this person but, I am sure that from what i have gathered, He will be a good addition to the Staff list.
A persons character is not measured by what one has done wrong but, how one has learned from said mistakes. (Seventeen)

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 03:27:36 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.