• April 28, 2024, 09:51:33 AM

Author Topic: ♥Dr.Tsumibito♥ - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3664 times)

Offline Stiff Almonds

• Forum Visitor
  • The man you'll never be.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
♥Dr.Tsumibito♥ - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 24, 2015, 03:54:28 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
Fifteen, Sixteen soon

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have administered a large fan base group on Steam. The group, though, had no servers. Other than that, I haven't had too much first-hard experience with being Admin.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I've applied for many different servers for a multiple of reasons. I understand that Admins have busy schedules, I fully understand and accept that. And before I continue, I just want to say that, by applying for Admin, I'm not saying our current Administrators are doing a "bad job". That's not at all what I mean. I just, other than Kately and Rneuby, Admins often find themselves limited. Having to deal with things that, to say in the least, aren't TF2. I often don't have too many tasks on my hands, and already donate and hag out on the server very often, think I'd have a good position here. 

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
As much time as I'm needed, and then some. As said in the space above, I already donate and enjoy the perks of VIP. I am already in the Steam group, also. So I could honestly be there for hours. Some players I see there recognize me, though not on my friends list.

B. On the forums?
Depending either you're talking about here, or at the Steam group. I can do a more precise Job on the Steam Group Page, but I'm not going to lie to you, the website my slip my mind from time to time. The best I could really do to remember is set the website as my homepage, and every time I open up Chrome, remind my self to check the forms.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Well, hard to say exactly when, I know I've at least been playing for two months because I've been saving and donating items for credits, and buying Month VIP, and having to re-new it before. I've recently gotten 1,000 hours on TF2. I'd have to say that alot of those hours have been logged on TF2SS servers.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
I know Kately, an Admin in at your servers. We're not the best of friends, for a complicated and personal reason, but he entrusted me with God Mode, so he can't think I'm TOO irresponsible, though I'm sure he does that alot of people. I am very good friends with Quiinix, a user who has recently started applying for Admin. I'm sure that he can vouch that I'm not, you know, going to turn into some sort of "BAdmin".

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I've been under multiple situations where someone wasn't exactly "Following the rules", but here recently, this is a time where it's made me more frustrated than usual. A person named "Realminator" was trying to hold auctions for items on page 4 of his backpack. and He would start at two ref, and just like an auction, slowly build that price for more. Afterwords, he will ask you to give the items you promise him, then he'll tell you that he's going to roll a random number, and he'll give you whatever item the slot number it's in. He re-trades, you, shows you the item, then quits the trade and leaves the server. It really angers me that he gets away with it often, and I want to be an admin to stop stuff like that from happening. If I were an admin, he A; Wouldn't have gotten away with it, B; Probably wouldn't have even tried it because an Admin was there. I try reporting him, no one shows, he's already half way done when I join, time's already limited. It angers me when he gets away with it.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I'd have to say, I'm pretty good at removing biases. I can see both perspectives of every side pretty clearly. Even as a kid, I wouldn't ask to do some dumb stuff just because I thought it was fun, but think about what I'd say if it were my kid. A weakness, I'd have to say is; even though people tell me I have a deep voice, I'm still just a fifteen year old. People are always gonna refer to me as "Kid". And even though I don't really "rage" or would ever dream of using my Admin Powers to get back at someone, the trouble is always gonna be people taking me seriously. Because the internet is just the internet.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 5
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 4
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
First, ask them to stop at once, probably say something about how racial slurs make you sound stupider than you really are and should stop anyways. If they continue, gag them. If they disconnect, and come back, or I see them doing it again on a different server, possibly Ban them for 24 hours. If after the Ban they continue, that's a different story, but that's my initial response.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
It really depends on the term. If they use a term that I know would be offensive to people, such as a racial term such as "Terri" or something, or a sexuality term such as "Fag" that I just know is an actual insult that people could be offended by, I'd ask em to stop and never say it again or they'll be gagged or possibly banned. But if someone was using silly not-really-an-insult kind of names and remarks like "Poo-Poo Head" or are generally being over sensitive about their situation, I'd just kind of ask the person to stop and to play nice.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Even if I liked the music or laughed at the audio being played, I would after a minuet or two ask them to please either begin to bring it to a end, or ask them to stop fully and join a MicSpam server.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I warn him/her that they are exploiting their powers, if fully ignored or action is taken against me, I leave, and recommend players to do the same, and report it to the forms in detail.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I, personally, am going to respond to reports as much as possible, as fast as possible. However if I know the player being reported, know they don't hack, and wouldn't hack, I'd probably wait a minuet, or wait for another report

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I let the other player know that this user is not an admin, and will let the impersonator know that if he/she continues with his/her actions or I seem him/her make these demands again, will be Banned himself/herself.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Well, that's actually happens often and on many occasions. Spawn Camping is common on the map that TF2SS provides, which is Trade Plaza one and two. This never really makes me mad, the only time I grow frustrated with a game is when I'm having a Sniper duel, and I've obviously found my better.
I will either continue to die mindlessly, or if I'm in a bad mood that evening, count to ten and leave the server, and join a new one. There is always, the situation that I turn on God Mode and conga around the map. Because who doesn't find that fun?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Well, I'd probably ask them not to "scream" over the mic because that's spam and frankly unpleasant. I'd otherwise take no action. That's their opinion, and their opinion alone, regardless what I think

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Let players know that this is a scam, not to take part in it, tag the user as [SCAMMER].

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
"That's not really, at all, against the rules. I understand HHH is a kind of pricey perk, and getting slayed sucks. I just recommend you donate to afford the perk again, and join a server with new players."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:58:39 AM by ♥Dr.Tsumibito♥ »
This reply, brought thoughtfully to you by Stiff Almonds.

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ♥Dr.Tsumibito♥ - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 11:41:13 AM »

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Even if I liked the music or laughed at the audio being played, I would after a minuet or two ask them to please either begin to bring it to a end, or ask them to stop fully and join a MicSpam server.
What action would you take if the player continued to spam their microphone?

How soon will you be turning 16?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:48:10 AM by -ᴛғ2ss-Kaslay-ᴛғ2ss- »

Offline Stiff Almonds

• Forum Visitor
  • The man you'll never be.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 02:02:07 AM »
"What action would you take if the player continued to spam their microphone?"
After warming, issue a Mute.

"How soon will you be turning 16?"
October 30th.
This reply, brought thoughtfully to you by Stiff Almonds.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 11:36:12 AM »
Hello,

We thank you for taking an interest in applying at TF2SwapShop, however one of our requirements states that you must have a good reputation on our servers. This means not having bans,mutes, gags, etc.. be placed upon you at anytime during the past, or present when you apply. Due to not meeting this requirement your application is therefore denied.

If you have questions/concerns regarding this, please personal message Flying Knife or myself.

I have sent you a personal message with your past ban details.

Thank you,

Hades