• April 28, 2024, 02:24:44 AM

Author Topic: gameaccurate - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Gameaccurate

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
gameaccurate - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 02, 2015, 07:18:43 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
eastern

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
n/a

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To be able to have fun with the community of tf2. Allow everyone to go about their trading business, and to make it more enjoyable.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
as much as needed, outside of homeschool

B. On the forums?
as much as really required and to enough to catch up on all current events

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
several months

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://backpack.tf/trust/76561198085358099

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
none

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
a time in which i could have handled something better was on one of your servers and someone was abusing the perk of the team killing and i didn't really handle it the best so I left and let it sort itself out

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I am very good at dealing with people and settling problems, but i cant be a bit impatient at some times but i don't really that much about it on games because it only tends to be a reality thing.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask them politely to simmer down because of their behavior. and If anything were to ramp up, I would have to enforce some kind of respectable punishment such as muting

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would find the core of the problem and try to fix it because the players on the servers comfort is more important.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask for them to simmer down and if anything were to ramp up, I would mute them

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Try to calmly deal with it myself, and then contact another admin or contact the forum

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would check the username of the player and the latency of the server and the player history. Then If the player were to be actually hacking i would take action

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would correct the wrongs and reassure the other player that the rules do not exist

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would probably just let it be, because it's only a game and they are just playing it. and if i go back any other day i sincerely doubt the same group of people will be doing the same thing

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them to calm down and then take further action such as muting or contacting another admin

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would make sure that every player could hear me over the mic or in the chat and i would reassure everyone that it is in fact a scam, and that it will be taken care of. I would then talk to the person trying to scam and tell them not to do it again

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
It's really not a huge deal, the other player is just playing the game as well as everyone else on the server. I would reassure them that the

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: gameaccurate - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 07:36:43 PM »
A. On the servers?
as much as needed, outside of homeschool

B. On the forums?
as much as really required and to enough to catch up on all current events
If we said that we needed you to be on 24/7, how many hours per day would you say you could be on for?

A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask them politely to simmer down because of their behavior. and If anything were to ramp up, I would have to enforce some kind of respectable punishment such as muting

[...]

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask for them to simmer down and if anything were to ramp up, I would mute them

[..]

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them to calm down and then take further action such as muting or contacting another admin
What if the player rejoins to remove the mute over and over again?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would check the username of the player and the latency of the server and the player history. Then If the player were to be actually hacking i would take action
What's your "action"?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would probably just let it be, because it's only a game and they are just playing it. and if i go back any other day i sincerely doubt the same group of people will be doing the same thing
What if you return to the server and the same people are there doing it again?

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
It's really not a huge deal, the other player is just playing the game as well as everyone else on the server. I would reassure them that the
You did not finish your response.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: gameaccurate - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 05:51:48 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You also did not respond to your application at all after posting it.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.