• April 26, 2024, 01:27:04 AM

Author Topic: -ᴛғ2ss-Maka - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Soul

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
-ᴛғ2ss-Maka - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 06, 2015, 11:17:29 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Standard Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been an administrator for the group Evolve Gaming who has owned Minecraft, Garry's Mod, Team Fortress 2 and an Unturned server. The group has been renamed however, but I am still an administrator for them. I have not been banned from any of their servers.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goal in the TF2SwapShop community is to keep the servers fun, but also keeping order in it. I have studied over the rules and many users believe me to be an administrator, even though I am not.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
It all depends on what is happening. Weekdays I can be on the servers for atleast 3-5 hours a day, on the weekends I tend to alternate between games but if I get the position I'll put more of my focus on the TF2SwapShop servers.

B. On the forums?
Around 1-2 hours due to the fact of my slow WiFi which will be fixed soon.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Around a month and a half now.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2FAlienwareBIOS%2F

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I do not recall a time in which I have lost control, or atleast on the server. The lag spikes are annoying however and tend to get on my nerves.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 5
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would kindly ask them to stop the first time, if they kept going, I would give them a 5 minute mute/gag and if after the mute/gag the user kept going, I would kick them.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would ask the user making the remarks to stop because it was offending other players, if the user did not stop then I would give them a temporary mute/gag depending on how offensive it was to the group. If the user kept on after the gag/mute, I would kick them.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I am not sure about this one. There are multiple ways to deal with micspammers. I would have to ask another administrator about it.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Use the !report function to report them to the automated bot.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Ban them for using an exploit/hack/hack tool on the server.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I ran into this, but the admin Sixteen corrected me on it. Anyway, calmly tell them that it is not a rule and that they are attempting to impersonate an administrator and if they will not stop that they will be kicked/banned.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Nothing. Just play the game and keep a calm head about it. It's just a game after all.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Warn them the first time, if they keep it up, gag/mute, third time kick, then if they are still going on, a temporary/permanent ban depending on how much they have violated the rules.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell them that they are attempting to impersonate and administrator and that they are trying to pull off a scam, and if they don't stop they will get a kick/ban.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
To calm down and that all is fair because the point shop is open to all players and that it is just a game.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: -ᴛғ2ss-Maka - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 11:48:37 AM »
Hello,

We thank you for your interest in becoming apart of our staff, however a requirement for being able to apply includes not having any VAC bans. If the ban is removed by valve then you may reapply.

Application Denied.

Thank you,

Hades