• April 27, 2024, 06:41:27 PM

Author Topic: Not Real - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3884 times)

Offline Not Real

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Not Real - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 06, 2015, 09:45:53 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Chicago Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am currently employed at my local community center watching junior high and high school level kids and making sure that they act well enough that they want to be there.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals are to keep order on some of the servers that not a whole lot of admins get on. Like the map I was on with The Flying Knife. Also I desire this position is to help the F2P noobs around a server until they feel comfortable with the game in general.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I can spend as much time as needed. However I do have school so that may affect how often I am on the servers

B. On the forums?
I do not get on forums much but I can contribute if necessary.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Somewhere in the range of 5 to 25 hours.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I have not lost control at all over the course of my TF2 history.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
In strengths, I consider that I am a kind person to all even if they are being very rude or I will attempt to make something good out of a bad situation. My weakness would be being too kind to people and letting them off the hook when really they deserve a kick or a ban.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 5
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 5

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Would ask them to stop making those rude comments politely and If they don't stop warn them that they will be kicked from the server (or ban if they just continue to do it even after being kicked) and then kick (or ban) them for my that server.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Just ask the players if they would just mute the player who is saying the remarks that they do not like.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Just mute them so the whole server doesn't like it unless it is a song that everyone agrees that they like that song.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Tell them to stop and that it is not write to do that to players that are just here to either trade or have a good time.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
First, ask the user if they did or did not actually speed hack and whether or not that the player who sent the report was not just somebody who was easily angered. Then, investigate their history and whether or not they actually have done any type of hacks before. Finally, come to a conclusion and either disregard the report as an angry players anger report or actually ban that person from the server and report it to VAC.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell them that they can not just make up rules that do not exist and threaten to ban them for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Just keep playing the game cause sometimes you get a group of people like that and you either ask them to stop nicely or just ignore them.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Kick them from the server and if they come back and continue to do that then ban them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
If the player is offering someone god mode then they should be able to back up that claim or be reported for scamming someone out of a hat. If it is an admin offering up that reward then ask them is it in the rules to do that.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would explain to them that the Headless Horseman is not invincible and can be killed just like any other class and the only difference is that he has a lot more health and instant kills.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Not Real - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 11:27:50 PM »
9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
Can you please fill this out?

B. On the forums?
I do not get on forums much but I can contribute if necessary.
Forum activity is required. Becoming an Administrator shouldn't affect whether or not you use the forums.

You need to be part of our community for a Minimum of 1 Month

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I have not lost control at all over the course of my TF2 history.
Everyone has lost control of themselves due to anger or rage. This does include any situations in your real life. Please List an example.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Just mute them so the whole server doesn't like it unless it is a song that everyone agrees that they like that song.
How would you try and figure this out? What would you do to figure out if players like this or not? Also, you wouldn't warn them?

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell them that they can not just make up rules that do not exist and threaten to ban them for doing absolutely nothing wrong.
Your answer made sense. Then Didn't. What do you mean ban them for doing nothing wrong?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
If the player is offering someone god mode then they should be able to back up that claim or be reported for scamming someone out of a hat. If it is an admin offering up that reward then ask them is it in the rules to do that.
So you're saying that it's okay for Admins to give out powers for items?

I see a lot of flaws in your application. This will most likely be Denied due to not being part of our servers for 1 month as required.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Not Real - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 09:22:08 AM »

Hello,

We thank you for taking an interest in becoming a part of our staff here at TF2SwapShop, however, our one of our requirements states that you must have been playing on our servers for around one month(Approx). Due to not meeting all of the requirements your application is denied.

Hades