• April 27, 2024, 08:43:19 AM

Author Topic: DC (original user was m3rkury02) - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3750 times)

Offline DC

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
DC (original user was m3rkury02) - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 09, 2015, 04:56:28 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I once was an admin on my friend's small server that usually had around 10-15 people on it. It was pretty fun to do and we rarely had rulebreakers though i have dealt with them.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I love playing on your servers and would like to help out.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
1 - 2 hours a day

B. On the forums?
30 mins - 1 hour a week

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Since June 2015

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198161194979

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
none

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
none

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I can memorize rules quickly and so far have gotten two rulebreakers to leave even as im not admin. I point out when they are breaking rules and stick up for people if they arent

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Point out that they're breaking rules, then take a poll to see if they want him kicked, and if yes wins then he's kicked. If no wins then a warning.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Since the remarks probably arent rule breaking, I'd tell the player making the remarks and the other group to stop fighting.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warn them. If they dont comply them i will mute/kick.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Tell them to stop, nicely. I will send a message to higher-ups if they wont stop.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Spec them. Ban if tehy are hacking. Warn the reporter if they arent.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Laugh and assure the player that he will not get banned then warn the regular user to quit it.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Go !friendly XD

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Mute. Disrespect of staff and server right there.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell them to stop scamming and kick them if they continue.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Sorry about your loss of credits, but the other player used his credits to slay you so it was fair.

Offline DC

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: DC (original user was m3rkury02) - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 05:09:08 PM »
I got my SteamRep link wrong its actually

https://steamrep.com/search?q=Dc275601

Sorry  :o

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 06:05:25 PM »
11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
none
Your application has a much better chance to be accepted if you answer all of the questions. It's impossible to have never lost control in your life.
12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I can memorize rules quickly and so far have gotten two rulebreakers to leave even as im not admin. I point out when they are breaking rules and stick up for people if they aren't
Could you also mention what you perceive to be some of your weaknesses?

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 11:10:19 AM »
Please respond to Kaslay's prompts, otherwise your application will be denied for not being able to respond to staff members' questions within 3 days.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »
Since you did not respond to Kaslay's prompts within 3 days, breaking one of our requirements. Therefore, your application has been denied under the assumption of inactivity.

Application denied.

You may reapply again after 6 months has passed.