• April 28, 2024, 01:32:12 AM

Author Topic: Favorite YouTube Series or Show  (Read 5767 times)

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Favorite YouTube Series or Show
« on: September 16, 2015, 04:02:16 PM »
What is your favorite YouTube series or show? I'm starting to get back into Arby 'n' the Chief- a show focused on two animate Halo action figures. Arbiter and Chief deal with ethical and other issues inside and outside of video games. For me, this series hits home. I really haven't been a Halo fan, however, this show deals with all sorts of different people and gamers. The humor is mostly iffy for me. Sometimes I question if some bits are to be considered serious commentary or just "extreme" humor. It's intriguing at the very least.

Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toluRoAWwQY
You'll need to watch the other episodes in order to understand exactly what's going on in the video. This is just the video I've been watching... Check out the first one called "Master Chief Plays Halo" or something similar in context.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:22:44 PM by Freeze™ #GottamMan »
~

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Favorite YouTube Series or Show
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 04:56:41 PM »
Company: Rooster Teeth
Series of shows: Red Vs. Blue, Rwby, Xray and Vav.

Red Vs. Blue - This is a series made for... well quite for fun at first. This show dates back all the way to about 2002-2004 if I'm not wrong. Slowly starts from the earliest pc halo game, as the beginning is quite slow... and honestly stupid, but once it hits about season 2+ it really hits off onto an amazing storyline. Eventually around season 5+ they start using a custom animation program to have amazing action scenes in which any geek or nerd could picture. Dragon Ball Z type of style fighting. Overall, decent structure, amazing people, great humour. This show is so popular, it's currently available on Netflix, so go give it a shot!

Rwby - A custom animated series that hit off only a few years back. Custom animation, voice acting, and well put together storyline. The main Character being Ruby Rose, joins an Academy for "Hunters" and "Huntress's" to train and build up skill and time to be able to fend off an army of a dark force. Cute story, Cheesy Humour (just like any old anime show), and great action and fighting. It's overall quite appealing. This is also available on Netflix as of currently, and I highly suggest it for people who love action and fighting to a fast extent with epic scenes.

Xray and Vav - Bases off of a fan made story of the two members from Rooster Teeth's "Achievement Hunter" Company of entertainment. Staring the now former member of Achievement Hunter, Ray Narvaez Jr., and Gavin Free. It's a cheesy little show with the humour of the "let's players" so being familiar with Achievement Hunter is probably required to currently enjoy this show. But it's about two lame super heroes that are doing their best to do their best.... In a horrible... failed way. Overall, great show as its recently just started, I'd say go for it!

(Note: all shows can be currently always viewed on YouTube with plenty of episodes to watch)

Hope you all enjoy!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 12:42:40 PM by -ᴛғ2ss-☠Lunarium Wolf☠ »

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 07:10:58 PM »
^ RoosterTeeth always puts out quality shows. Rest in peace, Monty Oum.

Retsupurae is a particularly fun channel. Two people, one of them the inventor of Let's Plays, rip on particularly bad video game playthroughs in a sort of Mystery Science Theater style. More recently, they've started to play through bad video games and make fun of them instead.

If you like Sm4sh, Alpharad posts very funny highlights and other stuff. He can get very meme-y though, so be warned.

I've loved NerdCubed since day one. Everything he touches is gold.

And while not technically only based on Youtube, all major segments of Last Week Tonight are posted on YouTube. John Oliver is excellent.

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 05:15:50 PM »
snipity-snip-snip
^ RoosterTeeth always puts out quality shows. Rest in peace, Monty Oum.

Retsupurae is a particularly fun channel. Two people, one of them the inventor of Let's Plays, rip on particularly bad video game playthroughs in a sort of Mystery Science Theater style. More recently, they've started to play through bad video games and make fun of them instead.

If you like Sm4sh, Alpharad posts very funny highlights and other stuff. He can get very meme-y though, so be warned.

I've loved NerdCubed since day one. Everything he touches is gold.

And while not technically only based on Youtube, all major segments of Last Week Tonight are posted on YouTube. John Oliver is excellent.
Fantastic choice! I used to be a regular Red vs Blue viewer. In fact, I was getting bored with the plot. In my opinion, the storyline has kind of droned on for quite a while. I was never a big fan of their humor. Then again, I really haven't been keeping up to date. Perhaps the story is better at the very least. I will check out some of Rooster Teeth's other content.

I have certainly viewed NerdCubed a couple of times. I tend to forget about that channel. I will check it out soon and get back to you on it. I've also never heard of Sm4sh or Retsupurae; I'll stop by their channels too.

What are your thoughts regarding Arby 'n' the Chief? I've found it to be a bit niche. Season eight is also approaching! Which is surprising given the ending of the season seven... I won't spoil it just in case no one knows what happens. I forgot to mention that I thoroughly enjoyed the mini-series called Llamas with Hats. It also had quite a surprising twist and conclusion.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:28:34 PM by Freeze™ #GottamMan »
~

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 08:52:20 PM »
I never watched Arby and the Chief. Most of my RoosterTeeth outings were spent with RWBY and the lads over at Achievement Hunter. I'll make sure I check it out though.

Sm4sh is just what players call Super Smash Bros Wii U and Super Smash Bros 3Ds, as they don't have actual subtitles like Brawl and Melee did.

I hadn't watched Llamas with Hats in forever, I had no idea they made it up to twelve episodes. Wow, that was a bit of a downer ending.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:55:28 PM by Kaslay »

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 10:27:44 PM »
I never watched Arby and the Chief. Most of my RoosterTeeth outings were spent with RWBY and the lads over at Achievement Hunter. I'll make sure I check it out though.

Sm4sh is just what players call Super Smash Bros Wii U and Super Smash Bros 3Ds, as they don't have actual subtitles like Brawl and Melee did.

I hadn't watched Llamas with Hats in forever, I had no idea they made it up to twelve episodes. Wow, that was a bit of a downer ending.
Here's the first few episodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf8xPLmxRyg
Jon's blog doesn't seem to contain the first and second episode of "Master Chief Sucks at Halo." He should have all the episodes listed via the link. This sounds a bit silly, but I think I'm going to slowly post each episode on the Swap Shop forums each weekend as sort of a marathon or tribute for the eighth season.
Jon's Blog: http://joncjg.blogspot.ca/2015/05/quick-guide-arby-n-chief.html

In regards to Llamas with Hats... Yes! I know! The ending was certainly a downer; however, I think the ending and previous comedic episodes is what makes the entire series so interesting and quite unique. In my opinion, it's a must see.
~