• May 01, 2024, 10:11:57 PM

Author Topic: Brand new !jackpot feature  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Brand new !jackpot feature
« on: October 09, 2015, 02:16:29 AM »
Hey guys just wanted to announce our brand new !jackpot feature.
For those of you willing to try and win big enter one of our jackpot draws.

Let me know if there are any errors or issues.

As of right now there is 1 issue -
- Trade offers are send via an ingame popup and steam is viewing this as a new device and is blocking trades from it for 7 days. There is no message displayed to the user telling them this is the case. However their trade will remain pending and deleted after 10 minutes so no items will be exchanged.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Brand new !jackpot feature
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 01:54:37 PM »
update:

!jackpot is now live on both TF2 and CSGO servers.

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 07:52:54 PM »
Note: add ability to disable !jackpot messages in chat for those who aren't going to use it. The most stratigical thing to do would probs make that function available for Favorites and above and leave the nonfavorites/nonvips to have to deal with it. Give them even more incentive to become a favorite or vip.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 09:37:16 PM »
Eh... It seems a little cruel to have an annoying feature that you can only bypass by either favorting the sever or donating money. I think the ability to turn off !jackpot features, if it is implemented at all, should be available to all players on the server, not just Favorites/VIPs.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 09:53:50 PM »
But I do see Sixteens point. This feature can be taken away later on, but as of right now, our previous community group had 20,000+ Members, and our current on only has 7,300+ and it's been at the 7,000 mark for almost a month and a half now.

Players are already required to join the group and favorite the server. If we make it so they have to favourite/VIP for them to be able to get rid of it, then it encourages them to stay in the server.

Do note:
Members who do get the favorite option are often regulars of our community daily. Those who are regulars have favorites. Those who are often not regulars, will only be there temporarily, so the jackpot feature is not something they should be bothered by, such as our regular members whom are on every day.

So limiting it to fav's/VIP members, is better off because those are the regulars of our server, and they would be the ones whom want to turn it off in the first place. Not regulars.

So that's why I see limiting it to our group members and favorites is a good idea.