• April 16, 2024, 10:37:31 AM

Author Topic: How I got my name and how to pronounce it. +Life Story!  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Chrid

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
How I got my name and how to pronounce it. +Life Story!
« on: October 23, 2015, 10:23:23 PM »
First off, Its Chris... With a D. So it's not pronounced sha-rid. It's pronounced like Chris, but with a D instead of the S.

["krid"]Chrid:
A kid who is always up to party and have a good time
"Dude, I don't wanna go to that party unless Chrid comes." - Urban Dictionary

Anyways, Many of you may think at first hand that it's just a typo since S is so close to D. But it isn't...
Once upon a time, I was bullied, like everyone else in the world. Not bad, Not Good. Some people called me a master baiter and I was called out every time I used the bathroom. This persisted from Grades 6-9 until the girl who was teasing me left to another state. Ironic since she was popular and everyone missed her but I was rejoicing. I sat at any table in the lunch room hoping to make a friendly conversation with anyone, but no one came.

- Depression Struck. Until someone who was almost as crazy as I was met me and invited me to his table. Andrew. This table was filled with what they would call the "smart kids" and half of them said that they'll leave if I sat there(Hades, I can relate...).

- They did, and only 4 kids stuck around. Andrew. Mark. Gabe. Matthew and Myself. With this we started inside jokes and one of those was my name. Andrew told me that It will sound more "gangsta", and that I should use it. As a joke I did and after seeing other programmers make simplistic and small names (Most noticeably ZUN and Notch), I decided to keep the small joke that Spiraled into my alias.

- Once I got into Highschool However, Andrew got switched out into a private school and the rest of my friends(Mark,Gabe and Matt) ran back to the "smart people" that were in the group prior to me being there.

- Again I'm alone. More problems arise such as panic attacks, Depression, and anxiety. And no one wants to talk to me. No one talks about the masturbation rumor(which was never true. I actually took anti-depressants which to quote Drugs.com: "decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.")
(Sorry for the NSFW words and I try to make it as professional sounding without it sounding disgusting)

- Anyways This makes me paranoid If people want to see me or not. If they want to understand me or not. If they want to know me or not.

- Considering I scored high marks in school I got in multiple AP courses (even one in the 10th grade).  So I was paired with people who didn't like me for the most part and hated to just be around me.

- back on track, I had a friend named Tom who came into the school in 9th grade which was a semi-relief to me since he had no idea of the rumor, but was a dick at the same time. We often played tf2 together and I was more of a pub player than a trade-server player, while he was the opposite. Than one day He introduced me to a server I will never forget: "TF2SS Orange Tower #15".

- I added to favorite immediately and played on it ever since. (I actually didn't know there were other TF2SS server before being Admin). It's been 6 months since that day and I will never forget it.

- I no longer talk to Tom, Matt, Mark, nor Gabe and I keep small relations with Andrew on steam with the occasional "Hi, How are ya?"

- Currently I am an Admin of the TF2SS community game servers and proud to be so. The person that introduced me to the wonderful community is now gone and I am Alone again.

Sorry, This was about my Name right? Yeah... Sorry about that

TL:DR: It's pronounced "krid", A friend called me Chrid since it sounded more "gangsta" and I kept it.

Offline Chrid

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: How I got my name and how to pronounce it. +Life Story!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 10:26:38 PM »
Sorry for the long sob story. It actually helps to get it off my back. Note, that no one else know about this IRL, It is nice to finally get it off my back after so many years. And where else to post it than an semi-anonymous board.