• May 13, 2024, 12:04:20 AM

Author Topic: New Ranks?  (Read 13055 times)

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: New Ranks?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 08:11:53 PM »
How about making them part of !shop instead? They can buy the tag of their choice for being active on the TF2SS servers.
I dont see problems with this, at least they cant abuse the tag. We can make a poll, about what premade tags to use by the community.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 08:34:09 PM »
The overall choice should only be to the admin though...if it were given to both VIP and admin then the admins on the servers is pointless.
What do you mean "admin on the servers is pointless?" The point of admin is not to get free perks. That would completely go against what every admin here said on their application. We should never restrict perks exclusively to admins. If anything, I think !shop or VIP is a good idea in order to give more incentive for players to purchase virtual goods.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 09:22:02 PM »
The overall choice should only be to the admin though...if it were given to both VIP and admin then the admins on the servers is pointless.
What do you mean "admin on the servers is pointless?" The point of admin is not to get free perks. That would completely go against what every admin here said on their application. We should never restrict perks exclusively to admins. If anything, I think !shop or VIP is a good idea in order to give more incentive for players to purchase virtual goods.

Yeah I completely agree.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 10:20:06 PM »
I think the general idea that we all have here is to add more tags that can be bought from the !shop WITHOUT restricting it to just admins or VIP users.

As much as I'd love to have a specific tag for myself, I find it unfair for the majority. Plus I personally wouldn't use it 99% of the time since I like to go undercover.
AFK like JFK

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 10:53:37 PM »
I think the general idea that we all have here is to add more tags that can be bought from the !shop WITHOUT restricting it to just admins or VIP users.

The main purpose of adding pre-made tags to VIP is to force people to keep buying VIP.

That would allow us to make more profit through donations (from people who want more credits to use tags.)

If you have VIP, you would be able to do "/chatcolor" and see your desired tag in the drop menu.

That would probably be the best way to do it if this were to be carried out in my opinion.

Blood
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 11:28:03 PM by BloodRain »

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 11:07:10 PM »

The main purpose of adding pre-made tags to VIP is to force people to keeping buying VIP.

That would allow us to make more profit through donations (from people who want more credits to use tags.)

If you have VIP, you would be able to do "/chatcolor" and see your desired tag in the drop menu.

That would probably be the best way to do it if this were to be carried out in my opinion.

Blood
Hmm yeah, You can gain more profit buy adding more tags.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 05:52:06 AM »

The main purpose of adding pre-made tags to VIP is to force people to keep buying VIP.

Blood

The detail is that not everyone can afford VIP. If it was able to be bought by normal shop, the VIP time restriction wouldn't stop them from using the tag system. I was seeing the tag system like this:

Tags

1. Remove tag (1)
2. F2P (750)
3. P2P (750)
4. Banana (1000)
5. TF2SS (500)

And if the tags admins want were possible to be added, they could expensive:

6. Strum's Pants (12500)
7. Hamster (12500)
8. etc.

Simply a suggestion. But if this was to be approved (VIP or everyone), there should be a post for the tags that should be available.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2016, 07:42:34 AM »

Blood

The detail is that not everyone can afford VIP. If it was able to be bought by normal shop, the VIP time restriction wouldn't stop them from using the tag system. I was seeing the tag system like this:

Tags

1. Remove tag (1)
2. F2P (750)
3. P2P (750)
4. Banana (1000)
5. TF2SS (500)

6. Strum's Pants (12500)
7. Hamster (12500)
8. etc.

Simply a suggestion. But if this was to be approved (VIP or everyone), there should be a post for the tags that should be available.
Hmm this seems great, Ill add more ideas for tags. If you guys got any tag suggestions please post below.

1. Remove tag (1)
2. F2P (750)
3. P2P (750)
4. Banana (1000)
5. TF2SS (500)
6. Premuim (1000)
7. SwapShop (2000)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Expensive Tags:
8. Strum's Pants (12500)
9. Hamster (12500)
10. FlyingClever (12600)
11. GrimReaper (12600)
12. KingQueen (20000)

Quote this, if you want to add more....

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2016, 01:17:44 PM »

Blood

Tags

1. Remove tag (1)
2. F2P (750)
3. P2P (750)
4. Banana (1000)
5. TF2SS (500)

6. Strum's Pants (12500)
7. Hamster (12500)
8. etc.

Hmm this seems great, Ill add more ideas for tags. If you guys got any tag suggestions please post below.

1. Remove tag (1)
2. F2P (750)
3. P2P (750)
4. Banana (1000)
5. TF2SS (500)
6. Premuim (1000)
7. SwapShop (2000)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Expensive Tags:
8. Strum's Pants (12500)
9. Hamster (12500)
10. FlyingClever (12600)
11. GrimReaper (12600)
12. KingQueen (20000)

Don't forget about Princess! :c or something at least cute. I know there's some anime lovers, so they'll probably want something along those lines.
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2016, 01:26:54 PM »

Blood

Tags

1. Remove tag (1)
2. F2P (750)
3. P2P (750)
4. Banana (1000)
5. TF2SS (500)

6. Strum's Pants (12500)
7. Hamster (12500)
8. etc.

1. Remove tag (1)
2. F2P (750)
3. P2P (750)
4. Banana (1000)
5. TF2SS (500)
6. Premuim (1000)
7. SwapShop (2000)
8. Strum's Pants (12500)
9. Hamster (12500)
10. FlyingClever (12600)
11. GrimReaper (12600)
12. KingQueen (20000)

Don't forget about Princess! :c or something at least cute. I know there's some anime lovers, so they'll probably want something along those lines.

Curious as to what would the actual tags be? (if approved this suggestion)

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 10:51:53 PM »
Yes I really do hope this gets approved, even though my main account is banned, and I wont be able to see this in action, I hope this gets approved.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 01:47:38 PM »
I haven't read much through the topic, but yes, I do see custom preset and purchasable tags a good call.

But much like our forum Tags, we can have certain ones that are decently small.

We cannot contain Tags that are excessively long, because it actually obstructs your own chat box, even if you type out a full message, and could be potentially highly distracting...

But for now, I'm all up for Purchasable preset tags.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 12:17:33 AM »
I haven't read much through the topic, but yes, I do see custom preset and purchasable tags a good call.

But much like our forum Tags, we can have certain ones that are decently small.

We cannot contain Tags that are excessively long, because it actually obstructs your own chat box, even if you type out a full message, and could be potentially highly distracting...

But for now, I'm all up for Purchasable preset tags.
Yeah I see what you mean, We will wait and see if this gets approved, the we can figure out ways to make premade tags shorter.

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2016, 05:32:03 PM »
While I do support this in full, it's completely up to Flying Knife/Death if they feel this should be incorporated.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2016, 05:34:51 PM »
While I do support this in full, it's completely up to Flying Knife/Death if they feel this should be incorporated.

Ditto