• April 19, 2024, 08:55:12 AM

Author Topic: A Space Dandy - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 2977 times)

Offline A Space Dandy

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
A Space Dandy - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 29, 2015, 05:20:31 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
GMT-05:00 Eastern Standard Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I used to host and own a server for the Ninjaneers Trade Group, It wasn't well routed and could only withstand a maximum of 10 people before it got slow and everyones ping skyrocketed to the quadruple digits. However I did pick up a lot of hosting experience, Recruiting experience, Setting rules, and Admin experience.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I see a lot of racism, 8-12 year olds on mics screeching and winning, and hackers ruining everyones day, and I thought since I'm on the servers almost always I could be on watch constantly. As I bonus I think I can make everyones experience on the servers as enjoyable and as funloving as I can, since I'm a fun loving person.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I'm always on one of the servers, I even know some of the admins, and the admins know me. I do however change my name a lot. I think the servers are great, The people, The comedic events, and my favorite part of all the CRITS. So I'd be able to spend almost a large portain of my day on the sever including a lot at night, except for school nights.

B. On the forums?
I don't spend much on the forums or not at all really, Sometimes I don't really find a use for them, although I think there great places where everyone can meet up and talk about updates, hackers, and complain about cosmetic prices.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Well it's been a while most likely 1 month- 1 month 1/2.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://rep.tf/76561198109629823

http://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2FNEEDAPANCAKEHERE%2F

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None that I can remember.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I don't fully understand This question, However if it means a time in which I could not control my anger then there was a couple times when I was younger but I've grown out of that phase.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strengths would have to be my creativity. My weakness would have to be that I have a bit of a childish attitude, but I can easily snap out of it if the moment at-hand requires a mature approach.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 5

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
If someone so much as udders an accidental slur whether it be a child or a 21 year old I'll go easy and kick them once, however if they return and continue this crime I would ban them. If they somehow return I would ban there IP.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would still react even if I'm not the intended target, if you pick on 1 man you pick on everyone.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If no-one likes whats playing than I'd ask them to please stop, If they continue or Disregard my warning instant kick.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I'd contact another admin for help since if I worn the exploiting admin they'd kick or ban me. Or I would just kick them.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ask for the steam ID or Account to ban then or if there still on join the server and ban them.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would clear up the mess and state that the rule is non-existent then tell the harassing player that they will be kicked if continuing with this behavior.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would leave the server or step away from the computer and calm down. Or I would try-hard until I dominate one of them using only my non-admin skills.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would kindly ask them to stop or I'd just ignore them until they decide to calm down. If it continues to the point where everyone is complaining about them I would kick him for 5 or so minutes.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would warn the player that it's a scam if they do not heed my warning than I would tell them that is was there decision and that I have nothing my power to return his or her items.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the player to A. type /friendly in the chat to be invulnerable, B. Join the Headless Horse players team, or C. Join another server.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: A Space Dandy - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 06:02:04 PM »
Hello,

We thank you for taking an interest in applying here at TF2SwapShop however, You have an unconfirmed report on SteamRep for fraudulent behavior in which you attempted a Steam Money scam. Upon review of the report we have deemed it necessary to deny this application.

Report: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198109629823-none-no-items.72653/

You also have one mute on record by an administrator:

http://tf2swapshop.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:74682047&advType=steamid

Hades